NFL: ***2023 NFL offseason***

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
They're going to scape goat everyone in that org except the 45 yo QB who should have stayed retired and let them start a rebuild.
Watching him last night was pathetic. He can barely move in the pocket and has zero arm strength if he can't fully step into the throw. I've seen him throw so many one hops to receivers this season.

Funny enough, the 49ers are probably the only team where he could have success.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Its time TB12 calls it career. He has nothing left or to prove.

You're totally right. That guy has absolutely nothing to prove. His legacy is as solid as any man who's walked on a football field.

But....

How good is the story if he can win one more? The redemption.... dynamite

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
Its time TB12 calls it career. He has nothing left or to prove.

I'm not necessarily convinced he doesn't need the money. Between the divorce and losing a significant % of his wealth in FTX, he has taken a financial beating the past year.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
I'm not necessarily convinced he doesn't need the money. Between the divorce and losing a significant % of his wealth in FTX, he has taken a financial beating the past year.

He's going to make a fortune whether he plays or not, it's all about his ego. After this year I can't imagine anyone being able to make the case to sign him.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010

He’s got a giant announcing deal already lined up for whenever he’s done.

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
Giselle was worth more than Tom was.
I know, but since she initiated the divorce from what was reported, that doesn't mean she isn't coming after some of his. It was also reported that they both had a very significant % of their net worth in FTX. Supposedly 50-60% range. If so, she took a beating on that investment as well.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

Giselle is worth way more than Tom. I bet he will somehow make out pretty good.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I know, but since she initiated the divorce from what was reported, that doesn't mean she isn't coming after some of his. It was also reported that they both had a very significant % of their net worth in FTX. Supposedly 50-60% range. If so, she took a beating on that investment as well.
Yikes.

I can't imagine having that amount of earnings over two careers and not having at least one professional advisor to tell you not to do the obviously stupid thing.

Reactions: somecyguy

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I'm a Packers fan, but heard an intriguing idea regarding the Bears the other day. It wasn't inside info or anything, just an idea thrown out there.

They thought the Bears should trade Justin Fields for a 1st and 2nd round pick, and then pick Bryce Young at #1 in the draft.

They thought that Bryce Young is a better QB than Fields, so they'd be getting an upgrade at the QB position.... plus adding an additional 1st and 2nd rd pick. I thought that was pretty intriguing for them. I don't really care since I'm a Packers fan, but if I were a Bears fan, I'd sure consider that.

• Winner
Reactions: clone4life82

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
I'm a Packers fan, but heard an intriguing idea regarding the Bears the other day. It wasn't inside info or anything, just an idea thrown out there.

They thought the Bears should trade Justin Fields for a 1st and 2nd round pick, and then pick Bryce Young at #1 in the draft.

They thought that Bryce Young is a better QB than Fields, so they'd be getting an upgrade at the QB position.... plus adding an additional 1st and 2nd rd pick. I thought that was pretty intriguing for them. I don't really care since I'm a Packers fan, but if I were a Bears fan, I'd sure consider that.

I doubt either QB amount to much, but the only upside I think of doing what you mentioned is you can start over with a rookie QB contract.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010

Who is giving up a 1st and 2nd for Fields? Especially a first high enough to take Young.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Somebody will take him early but a lot of teams are scared to death of Young.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Who is giving up a 1st and 2nd for Fields? Especially a first high enough to take Young.

Bears have the very first pick of the draft, they would take Young with that. And also get an additional 1st and 2nd rd pick by trading away Fields.

And don’t yell at me about this, it wasn’t my idea, I’m just the messenger. I thought it was interesting to consider.