***2023 Tennis Thread***

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
I gotta believe keys is hurt by the fact she should be on her home court but it’s almost 1 am and the place is dead and half full at best
She would have been a heavy underdog from a crown standpoint too in the Final had she made it despite being American. Coco is who everyone wants to see win, and I agree it's a shame Keys didn't get a better crowd tonight.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Shelton hung around for a bit that set but Djokovic takes 1st set 6-3.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Shelton hung around for a bit that set but Djokovic takes 1st set 6-3.

You can tell Shelton is enjoying this match even if Djokovic is in firm control at this point. And he's pulled off numerous shots that have surprised even Djokovic.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Shelton got the 3rd set to a tie-breaker but Novak wins in 3.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
No love lost from Djokovic toward Shelton with that hang up the phone and salty handshake, plus the stare down from Shelton at the handshake too. Novak didn't applaud him leaving the court. Honestly I was glad Novak won and loved his reaction. Shelton's antics are a little much for a guy who really has had a rough year minus his Aussie and US Open runs. and yes the slams are what matters.

But I know Novak thinks very fondly of Tiafoe and I don't think he took that phone hang up thing too kindly. It was definitely a, "Hey kid, let's tone it down and earn your stripes first before you go walking around like that." kind of thing.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Medvedev in the zone. This is how he played when he beat Novak in the final. If he can play like this then we still get a good final just not nearly as exciting because a corpse has more personality than Medvedev.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Medvedev in the zone. This is how he played when he beat Novak in the final. If he can play like this then we still get a good final just not nearly as exciting because a corpse has more personality than Medvedev.
I prefer guys that just play the game and could do without the cheerleaders of themselves.

I don’t need screaming and shaking your fists at people. If I did I could babysit the neighbor kids. And why don’t they just start the freaking serve clock while they are seeking crowd adulation?

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I prefer guys that just play the game and could do without the cheerleaders of themselves.

I don’t need screaming and shaking your fists at people. If I did I could babysit the neighbor kids. And why don’t they just start the freaking serve clock while they are seeking crowd adulation?
Wife and I are watching and she said the same thing. Alcaraz seems like a really cool young guy, after winning Wimbledon his interview he was very humble, down to earth, gracious, etc. I think when you get guys like this who are literally world-class competitors in such an individualized sport, they're just in a mental zone out there and I don't think the fist pumping is meant in any kind of disrespectful way. JMO.

legi

Oct 31, 2008
Maple Grove, MN

Common when you go through hours of ups and downs in a match how do you not show emotions? Most players do it on big or long points… it’s not like it’s every point. They are not robots. You are way too traditional about it.

• Winner
Reactions: jctisu

legi

Oct 31, 2008
Maple Grove, MN
Medvedev needs to shop for some different underwear. He must be using the same brand as Nadal cause the amount of readjusting is ridiculous.