***2023 US Open- LA Country Club***

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Let’s go Rory!

I still feel like Clark deserves this, but rooting for Rory.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Who turned the Blimp off?

I was just getting used to that very annoying trill. Not!

Now I will just have to settle on the golf! I don't feel like I'm getting my monies worth.

Seriously, why is the Goodyear (if it was them; they never showed it) Blimp even in service anymore? It's a dinosaur, very costly to maintain and fly. A drone could do the job, better, cheaper, and very importantly, quieter!

The Goodyear blimp is really impressive in person. It was flying around Iowa a few yrs back and I went to a overnight stop where it was parked it was really cool. Wish I would have had the connections for a ride that they were allowing. Plus it is iconic advertising IMO.

Reactions: isutrevman

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I think he's got it. I could probably 2 putt from there, even in the US Open!

Good for Clark. I hope I'm not jinxing him.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
The Goodyear blimp is really impressive in person. It was flying around Iowa a few yrs back and I went to a overnight stop where it was parked it was really cool. Wish I would have had the connections for a ride that they were allowing. Plus it is iconic advertising IMO.
True.

But gad, it was noisy today!

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Darn, really wanted Fowler to get the monkey off his back but he seemed to start off tight and never get going

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Gordon Sargent looks like the dude on MAD Magazine! He's got game though!

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Nope, he was in the 18th fairway. Hit it really far right, and still was in the fairway. Crazy wide.
Give him credit. Maybe he hit it where he wanted? The camera crew and NBC commentators made it sounds like is was way, way right, when it wasn't.

I don't know. The fairways may have been a little wider than some, but it was also deemed to be a worthy course for a Major.

All in all, a very good Major! Though I didn't like seeing all the buildings, etc. I guess it is one of LA's small oasis'. I'd rather be farther away from civilization, like in the woods, well outside of a city, more my speed.

Last edited: