2023 Women's Big 12 Tournament Ticket REQUEST

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
Last year we ordered from ISU at about this time - got tix about mid-court in lower balcony. There was a group of Fanatics in the lower corner. How did you get those tix?

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
There are still some lower corner all-session tickets for $90 (+ fees) through Ticketmaster, in a corner behind one of the benches.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
We sat in a lower corner, but we just bought those 2nd hand in KC after the men **** the bed. They were also very cheap (less than the $90 all session mentioned here).

Don't think I'll ever buy all session again after doing so for the men last year. Even if we hadn't lost right away, doesn't seem worth it with the options available 2nd hand - maybe that's not the case some years for certain matchups, but I doubt you'd ever be too far worse off buying game by game.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I don't think we were in the lower corner you mentioned -- we were near the bench, specifically remember the Texas game and players -- and we ordered through ISU. We order through ISU for men's, too, because when we go to KC, we go primarily to watch basketball. We prefer to watch ISU obviously, but go to as many games for both as we can. I've been in the "need to buy tickets to get in" mode and I'm willing to pay upfront to know I have seats.

to clarify: we were in the lower level, right where the curve and baseline meet, top row, I think. So not far off the floor.

Last edited:

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Last year we ordered from ISU at about this time - got tix about mid-court in lower balcony. There was a group of Fanatics in the lower corner. How did you get those tix?
How did you know they were Fanatics and not just regular Cyclone fans? As I recall, there was a whole corner filled with Cyclone fans, but I don’t know how many were Fanatics.

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
How did you know they were Fanatics and not just regular Cyclone fans? As I recall, there was a whole corner filled with Cyclone fans, but I don’t know how many were Fanatics.
Inferred from some posts on this site at that time. Our seats were good from a visual standpoint, but the spacing hurts my knees - in previous years I found behind the basket seating more comfortable.

• Agree
Reactions: StClone

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
This is ridiculous.
They have done re-seating before why not with the women's team? I have seats in the lower level and I am would not be upset to have a re-seating. I have empty seats around mine in many games which only get filed on a few big games. Let people who make every game get the best seats and those who only come for a few move up higher,

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
They have done re-seating before why not with the women's team? I have seats in the lower level and I am would not be upset to have a re-seating. I have empty seats around mine in many games which only get filed on a few big games. Let people who make every game get the best seats and those who only come for a few move up higher,
That’s not how re-seating is done. It’s all about money. Once when the men were reseated there were long time donors and regular attendees who were ousted…many never returned.

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
That’s not how re-seating is done. It’s all about money. Once when the men were reseated there were long time donors and regular attendees who were ousted…many never returned.
You are correct it is all about the money as the first factor then it should be long time season ticket holders.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006

The question was about how to get midcourt seats for the games in Kansas City, not at Hilton.

The answer is being at a high donor level due to the small allotment of seats.

DrShip

Dec 30, 2013
Rio, WI
I can only speak for me, but last year was my first time at the Big XII tournament, and it was a blast.

I went with my dad and uncle, and just got the general admission tickets when we walked up to the arena. I had indulged in the Power and Light district and was feeling pretty good at that point for the WV game. I was registering for some freebies and got separated from my crew, figured I'd find them at a break. I walked around the concourse until I hit a walled off section, and just walked into the arena. Ended up right behind the bench while they were doing intros!

There were some open seats, so I sat down. Told my Dad and uncle to join me, and we were about 5 rows up down in that corner. Someone told me that was reserved for family, and I said I'll gladly move if need be, but for now I'll stay. No one gave me any issues and I cheered loud enough I think I got a pass haha. Probably not the best way to do it, but it worked out pretty well. Love that arena, and I'm not too happy with the change to T-Mobile in a couple years. In short:

1) Get drunk
2) Wander around
3 ?????
4) Great seats!

The proof:

Snapchat-518298919 (1).jpg

Reactions: BenEClone

Help Support Us

Become a patron