2024-2025 football depth chart and predictions

OwenTLK07

May 13, 2024
I sincerely appreciate your effort.

I sat down to do the exact same thing myself, then got caught up in “who comes out first?” at several positions, and decided to shelve it.

Because we have actual depth. What a problem to have!

Seriously. I’ve been doing this for over forty years. It used to be not having enough real talent to glue together eleven decent starters on both sides.
It's more of just a rough draft, I think the OL is the most up-for-grab spot and undecided as it gets.

Everywhere else is close to set in stone, but yes depth helps a ton.

Reactions: Aclone

OwenTLK07

May 13, 2024
So someone that started for Princeton is now considered an automatic starter at ISU? Is our OL that bad?? You would think he’d have to beat some people out?
He was a stud for Princton, sure he has to beat guys out but I think based on his talent and build he should beat either Neal or Miller. Or he could just be in the rotation.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
So someone that started for Princeton is now considered an automatic starter at ISU? Is our OL that bad?? You would think he’d have to beat some people out?
I'm not sure anyone on the offensive line last year would have started for any other FBS program last season. 0 yards rushing against a mid major program in the bowl game should be enough to tell you how bad it was. So if he doesn't start, then that is a bad sign.

OwenTLK07

May 13, 2024
Offensive depth chart

QB: R. Becht/J. Kohl/C. Moberly
RB: A. Sama/D. Lee/C. Hansen/J. Jackson
FB: S. Klotz/T. Moore
TE: B. Brahmer/C. Alexander/A. Keller/G. Burkle
WR: J. Higgins/B. Ngoyi/D. Overby
WR: J. Noel/E. Green/D. Ranck
WR: D. Jackson/I. Alston/K. Black
LT: J. Travis/J. Neal/T. Maro
LG: J. Hufford/J. Neal/T. Buhr
C: D. Barrett/J. Bonifas
RG: B. Black/J. Neal/D. Hasert
RT: T. Miller/J. Neal/T. Maro

Defensive depth chart

DE: T. Onyedim/J. Petersen/T. Jones
EDGE: I. Ezeogu/K. Snyder/S. Same
DT: D. Orange/J. Singleton/Z. Hawk
LB: C. Bacon/J. Ellis/C. Willich
MLB: J. Sadowsky V/Z. Lovett/C. Brezina
LB: W. McLaughlin/K. Ebel/M. Miller
CB: D. Porter/D. Coffey/M. Bess/Q. Taylor Jr.
CB: M. Purchase/J. Williams/K. Cummings-Coleman
STAR: B. Freyler/T. Howard/C. Van Zinter
FS: J. Cooper/T. James/M. Neal
SS: M. Verdon/C. Smith/D. Surges

Special Teams depth chart

KR/PR: J. Noel/J. Jackson
K: K. Konrady
P: T. Perkins
Not sure about Lee as 2nd string, Hanson will get more touches than him but he will still get some playing time.

Still a true frosh... Hard to tell how good he'll be from spring camps/game against other 2nd 3rd string guys.

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
I'm not sure anyone on the offensive line last year would have started for any other FBS program last season. 0 yards rushing against a mid major program in the bowl game should be enough to tell you how bad it was. So if he doesn't start, then that is a bad sign.
And they rushed for 9 yards against texas, so i guess that means that Memphis DL was better than Texas?

Last edited:

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
No. It means ISU's offensive line was horrible.
ISU had the 11th best OL in the entire NCAA in regards to sacks allowed, while also rushing for *200+ yards a few times. ***Putting an asterisk on the KSU game***

One game wont define the entire OL

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
towards the end of the year, the O-line did have a few decent games. The problem was they were horribly inconsistent (Texas and Memphis)

I remember watching a replay of the UNI game the day after the game and questioned why Neal was starting. He didn't look like he belonged on a division 1 roster at the time. Later in the season, he was actually making some decent blocks and he looked really athletic at times pulling around to make blocks. He still has a long ways to go though.

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
towards' the end of the year, the O-line did have a few decent games. The problem was they were horribly inconsistent (Texas and Memphis)

I remember watching a replay of the UNI game the day after the game and questioned why Neal was starting. He didn't look like he belonged on a division 1 roster at the time. Later in the season, he was actually making some decent blocks and he looked really athletic at times pulling around to make blocks. He still has a long ways to go though.
I would expect the transfer from Princeton would take Neals spot. They made small steps here and there last year. Hoping they took a big one this offseason

• Agree
Reactions: nrg4isu and ScottyP

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Why should it matter where they come from? Guys at D2s get drafted almost every year. If he can play he can play.
The guy is not even on campus yet and he is given a starting spot? I hope he is a stud, but lets let him prove he is a stud. At the very least, he will create competition.

Reactions: RagingCloner

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Offensive depth chart

QB: R. Becht/J. Kohl/C. Moberly
RB: A. Sama/D. Lee/C. Hansen/J. Jackson
FB: S. Klotz/T. Moore
TE: B. Brahmer/C. Alexander/A. Keller/G. Burkle
WR: J. Higgins/B. Ngoyi/D. Overby
WR: J. Noel/E. Green/D. Ranck
WR: D. Jackson/I. Alston/K. Black
LT: J. Travis/J. Neal/T. Maro
LG: J. Hufford/J. Neal/T. Buhr
C: D. Barrett/J. Bonifas
RG: B. Black/J. Neal/D. Hasert
RT: T. Miller/J. Neal/T. Maro

Defensive depth chart

DE: T. Onyedim/J. Petersen/T. Jones
EDGE: I. Ezeogu/K. Snyder/S. Same
DT: D. Orange/J. Singleton/Z. Hawk
LB: C. Bacon/J. Ellis/C. Willich
MLB: J. Sadowsky V/Z. Lovett/C. Brezina
LB: W. McLaughlin/K. Ebel/M. Miller
CB: D. Porter/D. Coffey/M. Bess/Q. Taylor Jr.
CB: M. Purchase/J. Williams/K. Cummings-Coleman
STAR: B. Freyler/T. Howard/C. Van Zinter
FS: J. Cooper/T. James/M. Neal
SS: M. Verdon/C. Smith/D. Surges

Special Teams depth chart

KR/PR: J. Noel/J. Jackson
K: K. Konrady
P: T. Perkins
My guess is that Bacon starts at MLB. He is really good in the box. I would think McLaughlin starts also, but I am not sure about the third starter. I think Joey Petersen starts over Ezeogu just because Joey is likely better against the run and the game will start on first down. I could see Burkle starting at TE for a similar reason. The battle for OL spots is going to be interesting. I wonder if we don't see Hufford move to center to try and get our best 5 on the field, but who knows. Hopefully, guys take big steps this year with the added competition. The carries at RB also are intriguing. Can Sama be a workhorse or do we see a rotation like last year? It is going to be a fun year.

Reactions: OwenTLK07

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
ISU had the 11th best OL in the entire NCAA in regards to sacks allowed, while also rushing for *200+ yards a few times. ***Putting an asterisk on the KSU game***

One game wont define the entire OL
I dunno, I thought the run blocking was poor for most of the season. The K-State game had a lot to do with the snow. The pass protection is usually solid, but in the run game, not so much.

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
I dunno, I thought the run blocking was poor for most of the season. The K-State game had a lot to do with the snow. The pass protection is usually solid, but in the run game, not so much.
Even if you take the KSU game out of it, they put up over 200 yards rushing against BYU and TCU. Now, I’m not sitting here homering for the OL, I’m just saying there was improvement shown during the season

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone and bozclone

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
According to who? Why are you so worked up about someone's opinion?
I'm not worked up. I just think there needs to be competition on the OL for them to get better. With 5 returning starters, 2 solid transfers, and some talented young guys lets see the guys battle for playing time. It will make them all better. None of those guys should feel like they are guaranteed a starting spot.

nrg4isu

Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois
Here's what I know about the OL:

Positive:
1) overall we showed improvement over the course of last season
2) we have a large percentage of returning starts
3) we have some depth that certainly looks the part
4) we got a guy in the portal who looks the part for the tackle spot
5) @1UNI2ISU says Clanton had his best lines in year 2/3 (if I remember correctly)
6) we seem to be putting more recruiting focus on the OL

Negative:
1) we've never seen a "plus" line over the course of CMC's tenure
2) despite improvement last year, it was up and down
3) new offensive coordinator

1716237027228.png

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I'm not worked up. I just think there needs to be competition on the OL for them to get better. With 5 returning starters, 2 solid transfers, and some talented young guys lets see the guys battle for playing time. It will make them all better. None of those guys should feel like they are guaranteed a starting spot.
So you think for some reason there won't be any competition? Coaches just filling out depth charts in May?

• Dumb
Reactions: bozclone