2024-25 Roster/Rotation Additions

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Completely agree on Natabou. I think she'll improve and it would be tough to get someone better to agree to come off the bench. Hopefully the replacement we get for Bristow at the 4 could give us some small ball 5 options.

As for the 2 we seem to have good in house options, Jackson, Williams and the incoming freshman whose name escapes me at the moment. If Joens returns she should push for time as well.
You’re thinking of Tanke. Shot over 40% from three in high school.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Do you think Williams is our 4 next year or do we try add? Before I believe you described her as a guard.
Williams is an unknown outside the practice court. Very few minutes as a freshman at LSU. Decent high school player. We just have almost nothing to gauge any perspective from.

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
The article below from the DMR is about Williams. Not a ton of information, but the article describes her as a forward and says that in her sit-out year, they've been working on refining her 3-point shot.

Based on that plus her size, I'd expect she'll be playing at the 4. It would still be nice to get a transfer there, since it would be ideal to allow Brown to get some of her minutes at the 3. But I think if Fennelly doesn't pursue a forward transfer, that probably means that he expects Williams to be a substantial contributor.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
Natabou's ability is confusing to me. She seems to have all the physical attributes to be a force at center but seems to be a half or full step behind on the court.
You could tell that the level of competition was a big step up for her once we got in to Big 12 play. Hopefully, with a year under her belt, she can improve her touch and foot work and be a solid contributor.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
I honestly don’t know what our needs are. Will Natabou develop offensively? If not we need a post backup. Is Williams any good? If not we need a 3-4 combo. We are deep at point. We are bringing in a top notch three point shooter in one of our freshman. If AJ develops further as a scorer that’s a plus. Perhaps a quick guard with a shot? Someone in the 6’1/6’2 size (Bristow sized). For us hacks there just ain’t enough we know.
Same need as forever. Need a creator.

DGC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 16, 2018
I’d like to see a 3rd option at post, forbid something happens to Notabu or Crooks and they have to miss time. I also agree it will be hard to find, nobody worthwhile will want to come here to split 10 minutes a game with Notabu

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Same need as forever. Need a creator.
Creators are always welcome, but what are Ryan and Brown? Crooks is an easy trump card offensively. The offense is going to run through those three, so I'm not sure how much we need a creator. I think a better version of Diew would be ideal. Another ball handler to help Ryan as well. I think Jackson is better suited as a 3 and D player until Ryan is gone.

• Winner
Reactions: acoustimac

Tpups21

Apr 11, 2006
West Des Moines, IA
One portal player I know is on the radar of the ISU coaches (but not yet at the point of adding to my 2024 recruiting list) is Kenzie Hare of Marquette. She has two years left and could fill the Belanger role -- she was 91-214 (42.5%) behind the arc and averaged 14 ppg overall.
Any idea if Raegan McCowan is on ISU's radar?

ZorkClone

Nov 12, 2019
It seems like they may just need some more bodies. At my count, we will have 8 players still here and that is counting Mary Kate. With the addition of only two freshmen, we will have a very short bench.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
One portal player I know is on the radar of the ISU coaches (but not yet at the point of adding to my 2024 recruiting list) is Kenzie Hare of Marquette. She has two years left and could fill the Belanger role -- she was 91-214 (42.5%) behind the arc and averaged 14 ppg overall.
That would seem to indicate they see Williams as a forward in Bill's system maybe a swing between the 3/4 like Diew. Still going to need another though just to get back to where we were.

savepolarbears

Dec 4, 2013
That would seem to indicate they see Williams as a forward in Bill's system maybe a swing between the 3/4 like Diew. Still going to need another though just to get back to where we were.
I wonder if Joens and Williams might both be half time starters, based on matchups?

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I wonder if Joens and Williams might both be half time starters, based on matchups?
Starting Joens and another guard like Jackson puts Brown at the 4. Not her ideal position. I'm seeing something more like this

Ryan
Jackson or a transfer
Brown
Williams or a transfer
Crooks.

Natabou and
Joens or Taske
Rounding out the rotation

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Starting Joens and another guard like Jackson puts Brown at the 4. Not her ideal position. I'm seeing something more like this

Ryan
Jackson or a transfer
Brown
Williams or a transfer
Crooks.

Natabou and
Joens or Taske
Rounding out the rotation
I would take a stab by looking at it, not so much as “starters“ but a rotation. In the guard court, you have Ryan, Jackson, Joens, and Tanke as regulars. We will see how our Indiana prospect shapes up. I include Tanke only because I’ve seen her play a great deal more.. For forwards, we would see Brown, Williams, and a transfer. The big thing about Brown is that she can play positions one through four. She is obviously a great ball distributor and can bring the ball up to court. In the post we are pretty much set with Crooks and Natabou. I mentioned thinking of this as a rotation earlier because so many of these players will be able to move to other positions, depending on whether we want to play large, small, quick, etc. we have the personnel to have four guards and a post on the court at the same time. We also have the personnel to see a smaller group without a post at all. This is why the off-season is going to be so interesting seeing who the coaches bring in from the transfer portal.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChiClone22

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Thought I'd drop this here after placin git in the 2024 recruiting thread. It's late in the game for HS kids except for these few decommits. Not on mred's recruiting lists for 2024 but she is a #67 ESPN and is regional in Wisconsin. Other P6 offer was Minnesota.

Reactions: acoustimac

Help Support Us

Become a patron