2024-25 Roster/Rotation Additions

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
If she plays more against Stanford we had a,chance to win. With Audi having an off game a change of pace may have helped. We kept forcing it in to Audi instead of using the,whole team.

Audi opened things up a bit for our guards and we were beaten in OT at Stanford. Audi had an off night. But offensively Natabou would not have been an improvement. She was a physical presence on defense.

Reactions: acoustimac

Westside clone

Apr 5, 2022
Audi opened things up a bit for our guards and we were beaten in OT at Stanford. Audi had an off night. But offensively Natabou would not have been an improvement. She was a physical presence on defense.
I think Addy and Audi have a good chance to be All Americans the next 3 years. That being said anybody not shooting 3 for 21 from 3 ft would have helped. Everyone has a bad night, a good coach knows when those nights are and adjusts. Emily adjusted as best she could, Bill did not.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
I think Addy and Audi have a good chance to be All Americans the next 3 years. That being said anybody not shooting 3 for 21 from 3 ft would have helped. Everyone has a bad night, a good coach knows when those nights are and adjusts. Emily adjusted as best she could, Bill did not.

Audi was hammered on her shots. Physically mauled. And she is a freshman. 3 foot shoots with 1 or 2 opposing players physically assaulting you is not an easy task.

Westside clone

Apr 5, 2022
Audi was hammered on her shots. Physically mauled. And she is a freshman. 3 foot shoots with 1 or 2 opposing players physically assaulting you is not an easy task.
Been there, I understand, but if it is the way the game is being called you need to adapt. We definitely need a long athletic shot adjuster to help on defense as well as offense. I have no doubt our returning players are up to the task

DGC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 16, 2018
I refuse to look at the Stanford game as a systematic problem with the team. They went toe to toe with a great team. Stanford made one play more than Iowa state. Everyone on the team missed a shot, make a turnover, ect. They did make adjustments, wasn’t working down low with Audi so they made hay with Emily.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Right now the glaring holes are an athletic 4 and a backup 5. Could be remedied with one player but I hope we use two. Plus we know Bill can't help himself with shooters. Nobody will be surprised if he adds a veteran guard.

Looking at the current roster we basically have the following

PG Ryan
1/2 Jackson
PG Indiana prep
SG Joens
SG Tanke
3G Brown
2/3/4??? Williams
5 Crooks

Pretty thin but very talented

Last edited:

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Some other transfers apparently on the ISU radar:

Sydney Harris, TCU. 6'1" wing. Two seasons remaining. MAC FOY for Central Michigan in 22-23, then transferred to TCU. Was somewhat limited for TCU in 23-24 due to an ankle injury, but averaged 9.4 ppg in 16 games and shot 40% behind the arc.

Elle Evans, NDSU. 6'3" guard. Two seasons remaining. Summit FOY in 22-23 as well as all-defense team and hm all-conference. Summit first team all-conf in 23-24 as well as all-defense team again. 15.5 ppg in 23-24, shooting 46% on threes and 92% on FT. 75 career blocks and 72 career steals in two seasons.

Lucy Olsen, Villanova. 5'9" combo guard. One season remaining. 23.3 ppg in 23-24, although not super efficient (44% fg overall, 29% 3pt). 150 career steals in 3 seasons including 65 in 23-24. Big East all-rookie team in 21-22, 2nd team all-conf in 22-23, and 1st team in 23-24 (as well as most improved player).

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Right now the glaring holes are an athletic 4 and a backup 5. Could be remedied with one player but I hope we use two. Plus we know Bill can't help himself with shooters. Nobody will be surprised if he adds a veteran guard.

Looking at the current roster we basically have the following

PG Ryan
1/2 Jackson
PG Indiana prep
SG Joens
SG Tanke
3G Brown
2/3/4??? Williams
5 Crooks

Pretty thin but very talented
Yea, just from a practice/potential injury standpoint, we will need to add 4-5 women this spring.

I always worry about counting on freshman, so we definitely need multiple shooters and physical posts. A lot depends on how good Williams is.

Not as pessimistic as some at getting 1 or 2 quality posts to compliment Audi. We have 50-55mpg at the 4/5 spots.

Reactions: Westside clone

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Yea, just from a practice/potential injury standpoint, we will need to add 4-5 women this spring.

I always worry about counting on freshman, so we definitely need multiple shooters and physical posts. A lot depends on how good Williams is.

Not as pessimistic as some at getting 1 or 2 quality posts to compliment Audi. We have 50-55mpg at the 4/5 spots.

Good points. If we want cohesion having a full complement of players to go against each other is good though supplementary non-team players (males too) in practices can help. But, being short-handed is a bad thing as the season wears on. That is proven.

There is no way we get to the higher levels of the NCAA Tourney without decent bench centers, and posts to go with great guards. We have the potential as any program to attract transfers even if they'd be playing second fiddle to Audi.

If you look at what the WBB NCAA Championship came down to it was good tall athletic players and a guard against super experienced average-sized players (team) with great outside shooting, movement, and passing.

Last edited:

savepolarbears

Dec 4, 2013
I’m sure a taller perimeter defensive stopper is a priority. AJ and Ny were our stopgaps last year, but AJ will struggle against someone too much taller than her. Pretty much every position but PG is needed.

• Agree
Reactions: StClone

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Some other transfers apparently on the ISU radar:

Sydney Harris, TCU. 6'1" wing. Two seasons remaining. MAC FOY for Central Michigan in 22-23, then transferred to TCU. Was somewhat limited for TCU in 23-24 due to an ankle injury, but averaged 9.4 ppg in 16 games and shot 40% behind the arc.

Elle Evans, NDSU. 6'3" guard. Two seasons remaining. Summit FOY in 22-23 as well as all-defense team and hm all-conference. Summit first team all-conf in 23-24 as well as all-defense team again. 15.5 ppg in 23-24, shooting 46% on threes and 92% on FT. 75 career blocks and 72 career steals in two seasons.

Lucy Olsen, Villanova. 5'9" combo guard. One season remaining. 23.3 ppg in 23-24, although not super efficient (44% fg overall, 29% 3pt). 150 career steals in 3 seasons including 65 in 23-24. Big East all-rookie team in 21-22, 2nd team all-conf in 22-23, and 1st team in 23-24 (as well as most improved player).

Elle Evans is as attractive as any transfer when she came up on the list over the weekend. She seems Taylor-made for our team. With the loss of Diew and Bristow, we have a vacuum that could pull in the Midwest native (Illinois) and practically have a shot at starting for a top-25 team.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Elle Evans is as attractive as any transfer when she came up on the list over the weekend. She seems Taylor-made for our team. With the loss of Diew and Bristow, we have a vacuum that could pull in the Midwest native (Illinois) and practically have a shot at starting for a top-25 team.
Yep, she is my top want from that list. With that height, can probably also man post for spot minutes if Audi gets in foul trouble.

• Agree
Reactions: StClone

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Yep, she is my top want from that list. With that height, can probably also man post for spot minutes if Audi gets in foul trouble.
It is all about fit. From Kylie Feuerbach to Bristow they all are affected by fitting in here! Of course, we are talking Freshman vs. experienced players but seeing Natabou leaving that doesn't seem to matter. Belanger was such a blessing. Another year with her would have been nice, but we will find those gold nuggets, hopefully.

Last edited:

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Been there, I understand, but if it is the way the game is being called you need to adapt. We definitely need a long athletic shot adjuster to help on defense as well as offense. I have no doubt our returning players are up to the task

Audi has adapted and adjusted her way to 1st Team All Big 12 and All America Honorable Mention. As a Freshman. Audi had a tough game. Stop blaming her for the Stanford loss. JFC

Reactions: CYdTracked

Westside clone

Apr 5, 2022
Audi has adapted and adjusted her way to 1st Team All Big 12 and All America Honorable Mention. As a Freshman. Audi had a tough game. Stop blaming her for the Stanford loss. JFC
I am tired of taking abuse for this. I didn't say she cost us the game. Having had games like that myself I was implying when you are having a bad day you go to a different offense or player. Audi is a great player and it seems like even a better person. When you are having trouble getting a shot off because the defense is "bullying" you and the refs aren't calling it you have to make adjustments. And going to someone 21 times is not adjusting. Now I will read the attacks for stating facts.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Evans is listed as a guard and looks to be very much a perimeter player. Agree she'd be great get, but feel she would be paired with Addy Brown on the wing. Brown, Evans, Joens and Tanke sounds like a solid group of wings.

Harris might be a 3/4 type player who would play post at ISU. I use "post" loosely because she is a solid 3-point threat as well. Looks like CBF is looking to surround Audi with 4 jump shooters.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Just want to go on record and say last year was an exodus and really shouldn’t ever happen to programs.

But what we’ve lost this year is incredibly replaceable.

Bristow is the only one that really sucks, but I think you can even find help there, as well.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Evans is listed as a guard and looks to be very much a perimeter player. Agree she'd be great get, but feel she would be paired with Addy Brown on the wing. Brown, Evans, Joens and Tanke sounds like a solid group of wings.

Harris might be a 3/4 type player who would play post at ISU. I use "post" loosely because she is a solid 3-point threat as well. Looks like CBF is looking to surround Audi with 4 jump shooters.
I saw Evans listed as a guard. I thought (maybe incorrectly) that with her height she could play post defense if Audi is in foul trouble. Offense would be something different.

Cymark86

Dec 2, 2023
I am tired of taking abuse for this. I didn't say she cost us the game. Having had games like that myself I was implying when you are having a bad day you go to a different offense or player. Audi is a great player and it seems like even a better person. When you are having trouble getting a shot off because the defense is "bullying" you and the refs aren't calling it you have to make adjustments. And going to someone 21 times is not adjusting. Now I will read the attacks for stating facts.
You are spot on. Don’t apologize for being right.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I’m sure a taller perimeter defensive stopper is a priority. AJ and Ny were our stopgaps last year, but AJ will struggle against someone too much taller than her. Pretty much every position but PG is needed.
Sounds like Williams.