2024-25 Roster/Rotation Additions

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
With next years roster I'm guessing we play faster. If so Crooks will need to drop some pounds to play close to 30.

Haven't seen much on Williams but that seems to be the case with Hare and Harris.
Why are you wanting to mess with her weight. That's one of the big things (pardon the pun) that makes her special in the post. No one can move her off the block. SMH.

Reactions: CYdTracked

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
Yes…I did mean 20! If we have interchangeable players at guard which means a top notch point or two to spell Ryan, why wouldn’t you play the depth rather than running your star players over 30 minutes? Why not cap the starters at about 25 max? Isn’t that a good problem to have? Everyone's happy. And we win.
IMO, 20 minutes per game is unrealistic. That is if you don't want a mass exodus to the transfer portal after the season.

Reactions: ChiClone22

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
I know all about her. She can do whatever she wants and I'll still root for her. Her all conference accolades were based on numbers. But if you take the Cardinal glasses off for a minute you'll see we had far too many turnovers trying to get her the ball. She cuts that down drastically by working on her explosion in the offseason. That would lead to a leaner version.

I was a LB/C in high school. 6'1 210ish. I knew the sooner I got under 200 for BB the better I felt (especially my knees). Usually by late February I was around 185. Not trying to compare myself to a D1 athlete. Just saying dropping a little helps you athleticly as well as ware and tear.
How are turnovers trying to get the ball to Crooks her fault? It's the fault of the passer 99 percent of the time. Ryan had waaaaaay too many turnovers for a senior point guard. On some of them, she just tossed the ball to an opponent unforced and unpressured. Some games, fully half our turnovers were committed by Ryan. That's unacceptable from a fourth year PG starter and I'm sure Ryan would agree with that.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
How are turnovers trying to get the ball to Crooks her fault? It's the fault of the passer 99 percent of the time. Ryan had waaaaaay too many turnovers for a senior point guard. On some of them, she just tossed the ball to an opponent unforced and unpressured. Some games, fully half our turnovers were committed by Ryan. That's unacceptable from a fourth year PG starter and I'm sure Ryan would agree with that.
Your point supports my arguments:
1) we need a secondary guard, playing the same time as Ryan, who can handle the ball.
If Ryan handles the ball all the time she will have turnovers. The defense will defend us appropriately.
2) we need a creator! We do not have one. Most of Ryan’s dribbling around seems to be hoping that given enough time somebody will get open. We have nobody who can blow by their defender and then pull up for a shot or dump it to a teammate due to off side help. Basketball is much harder to play when you have to pass it around and hope somebody gets open.

Do not misinterpret - I love Ryan and we are certainly a much lesser team without her. Her game against Stanford was incredible. I think she realized she had to step up as Crooks was shut down. Maybe we need more of that version of Emily. We will have an exciting team next year. Very much looking forward to it. I just think Em needs some help. Love our portal additions so far. Hoping the Marquette player can help.

• Winner
Reactions: SolarGarlic and jsb

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I'm dumber for reading the last 3 pages. Oh well I'll show up next fall and see how we do. I actually think the Iowa game will be tough next yr, they lost a bunch but also brought in a pretty good class if I remember correctly.

I'll trust the staff and players to set some goals and work to accomplish them in the off season.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
I know all about her. She can do whatever she wants and I'll still root for her. Her all conference accolades were based on numbers. But if you take the Cardinal glasses off for a minute you'll see we had far too many turnovers trying to get her the ball. She cuts that down drastically by working on her explosion in the offseason. That would lead to a leaner version.

I was a LB/C in high school. 6'1 210ish. I knew the sooner I got under 200 for BB the better I felt (especially my knees). Usually by late February I was around 185. Not trying to compare myself to a D1 athlete. Just saying dropping a little helps you athleticly as well as ware and tear.

I am saying Audi is actually getting in better and better physical shape. Audi has always been a very large girl. Always. I was at her Mother and Step Dad’s Wedding, about a dozen or so years ago. But I do not know Audi personally. I resent you referring to her as “fat” and “out of shape”. I also resent that you infer she is not working hard. She is. Hard work is why she was honorable mention All American and First Team All Big 12. As a true freshman. Probably one of the best true freshman season that a Lady Cyclone has ever had. And you compared yourself to a D1 athlete. Which college or university did you play football or basketball at?

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
If you don't see it there's no point in discussing it further with you.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I am saying Audi is actually getting in better and better physical shape. Audi has always been a very large girl. Always. I was at her Mother and Step Dad’s Wedding, about a dozen or so years ago. But I do not know Audi personally. I resent you referring to her as “fat” and “out of shape”. I also resent that you infer she is not working hard. She is. Hard work is why she was honorable mention All American and First Team All Big 12. As a true freshman. Probably one of the best true freshman season that a Lady Cyclone has ever had. And you compared yourself to a D1 athlete. Which college or university did you play football or basketball at?
I didn't use either of those terms or question her work ethic. Like most of CF you read what you want. Infact everything you claim i said is a lie. If being constructive about how she can take her game to the next level makes me an ass-hole so be it. But you are a liar. Let's just do the board a favor and put each other on ignore.

Last edited:

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
I didn't use either of those terms or question her work ethic. Like most of CF you read what you want. Infact everything you claim i said is a lie. If being constructive about how she can take her game to the next level makes me an ass-hole so be it. But you are a liar. Let's just do the board a favor and put each other on ignore.

Audi is never going to really slim down. She continues to get in better and better shape. But Audi will remain a husky heavily muscled post. That is actually one of her best strengths. I like her bulk and size. It is a unique strength. Never said you lied. I disagree with your opinions of Audi. You may know about Audi. But you do not KNOW Audi. Guards need to do much better on entry passes. That is mainly on them.

Never said you lied. Just disagree with your opinions. You excel at criticism. But it is not constructive. Telling someone they need to become “a leaner version”. You are insulting and derogatory.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Audi is never going to really slim down. She continues to get in better and better shape. But Audi will remain a husky heavily muscled post. That is actually one of her best strengths. I like her bulk and size. It is a unique strength. Never said you lied. I disagree with your opinions of Audi. You may know about Audi. But you do not KNOW Audi. Guards need to do much better on entry passes. That is mainly on them.

Never said you lied. Just disagree with your opinions. You excel at criticism. But it is not constructive. Telling someone they need to become “a leaner version”. You are insulting and derogatory.
This all started when I posted how I thought we had the potential to be an SEC type frontcourt. ( prior) to Bristow leaving. With Harris and Williams I still do.

This is what I said.
Brown has all the tool except she's not necessarily an elite athlete but she can elevate this by working on her explosion.

Bristow showed signs down the stretch of being aggressive. She adds 10 or so pounds of muscle on her slender framed and she's the ideal PF to play along side Audi.

As for Audi I said during the season I saw her trying to receive at the post with her hand up and her feet together. V. Stanford when she was overmatched albeit by a lottery pick she really got down and grinded for position. This is what we need to see to take her and the team to the next level. Her getting a little leaner ( which will be a natural byproduct of offseason conditioning will not only add quickness but reduce wear and tear on her body.

CF decided to turn this into a witch hunt. If they want to come after me so be it but at minimum be accurate.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
This all started when I posted how I thought we had the potential to be an SEC type frontcourt. ( prior) to Bristow leaving. With Harris and Williams I still do.

This is what I said.
Brown has all the tool except she's not necessarily an elite athlete but she can elevate this by working on her explosion.

Bristow showed signs down the stretch of being aggressive. She adds 10 or so pounds of muscle on her slender framed and she's the ideal PF to play along side Audi.

As for Audi I said during the season I saw her trying to receive at the post with her hand up and her feet together. V. Stanford when she was overmatched albeit by a lottery pick she really got down and grinded for position. This is what we need to see to take her and the team to the next level. Her getting a little leaner ( which will be a natural byproduct of offseason conditioning will not only add quickness but reduce wear and tear on her body.

Audi is obviously working on her physical conditioning. Her transformation to now from the beginning of the season is readily apparent to those who can see. Audi improved more than anyone. Started the season as a true freshman reserve playing behind Natabou. Ended the season 1st team All Big 12. Unanimous.

Disappointed that Bristow left. She was improving while struggling at times. But had potential. But she is gone. You need to quit crying about her.

• Agree

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Audi is obviously working on her physical conditioning. Her transformation to now from the beginning of the season is readily apparent to those who can see. Audi improved more than anyone. Started the season as a true freshman reserve playing behind Natabou. Ended the season 1st team All Big 12. Unanimous.

Disappointed that Bristow left. She was improving while struggling at times. But had potential. But she is gone. You need to quit crying about her.
So restating what I saw of our future frontcourt ( potential SEC quality)before she transferred is now considered crying about her. I even said our two replacements are upgrades in total.over Diew and Bristow. Keep twisting, it's what you do best.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
So restating what I saw of our future frontcourt ( potential SEC quality)before she transferred is now considered crying about her. I even said our two replacements are upgrades in total.over Diew and Bristow. Keep twisting, it's what you do best.

Agree that the additions are a possible upgrade. Perhaps Bristow will play better moving closer to home. The 4 girls that stayed in her class had better seasons and that might have been frustrating as well. Anyway, hope she finds what she is looking for. She represented the Cyclones well.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Some of you are overly defensive about this. It's really a pretty easy conversation.

Audi. How good do you want to be?
If you were to drop say 20 pounds you're going to be quick and be able get up and down with less effort. This is your path towards being an all American.
She's already down the path. She is very athletic for her size and obviously strong. A basic D1 strength and conditioning program is going to be enough. She should be dropping pounds naturally but not at the expense of strength.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
She's already down the path. She is very athletic for her size and obviously strong. A basic D1 strength and conditioning program is going to be enough. She should be dropping pounds naturally but not at the expense of strength.

Audi is continuing to transform. She will improve. And such a great person and leader. Audi just needs to keep being Audi.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Notes on Dauda:

She is a 6'4" forward from Bentonville who was ESPN #13 overall and #1 post in 2021 as well as a McD AA. She initially verballed Baylor but reopened her recruitment when Mulkey left for LSU, ending up at Arkansas. She has two seasons of eligibility remaining.

She missed 2021-22 due to injury, In 2022-23 she came off the bench the entire season, logging some decent stats in about 11 mpg, but nothing spectacular. She then broke out in 2023-24, starting all 33 games and averaging 29 mpg. She shot 45.5% from the field (52.6% 2pt, 31.9% 3pt). 10.1 ppg, 6.3 rpg. She had 74 blocks in 33 games.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Possible athletic 4/5 to pair with Crooks?
Former McD AA. Started every game last season so doubtful she would accept backup role to Audi at ISU. If she can play and start at the 4, maybe ISU has a chance here. She did attempt 91 treys at a 32% clip.

Help Support Us

Become a patron