2024 Big 12 Championships in Tulsa

Mead For My Horses

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2020
I'll be there! Got our VRBO lined up. Just waiting for tickets to go on sale.

G-imJustafan

Sep 9, 2022
Who's going?!?!?! We should set up a social somewhere down there. Discuss
might i suggest

my boss was out there about 4 months ago/ favorite spot.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
@4everClone and I will be there (and have gone the last several years). The team almost always sets up a social at Albert G's Saturday night after the tournament. It is a great time and hope we get a good contingent of Cyclone fans down there to watch David's last Big 12s!

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I’ve been pegging this year as little JM and I year to make the trip. Some things are working against us but we still might try and give it a go. How much can someone do this for money-wise? What are tickets hotel etc gonna run me?

Mead For My Horses

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2020
Tickets aren't bad. As I recall $80-$150 or so depending on where you want to sit. Robin usually sends out an email with the sections many of us sit together.

Downtown hotels by now are probably pretty booked but likely $200 & up. It looks like there's a lot of parking downtown if you want to get a hotel outside of downtown & drive to downtown to save some money.

It seems like finals last year were Sunday afternoon but at night other years, so you may want to book for three nights since the first session is Saturday morning, as I recall.

Overall, not bad, especially compared to Nationals.

Other attendees, please chime in here.

Last edited:
Reactions: JM4CY

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
It was 5 yrs ago but we stayed in Broken Arrow. Easy drive in and plenty of places to park within a short walk. Hotels were reasonable.

Just did a quick look the ones where we stayed , right by the Bass Pro, are running between 120 and 150 and look like they have availabilty

Reactions: JM4CY

cywr89

May 14, 2009
Tickets aren't bad. As I recall $80-$150 or so depending on where you want to sit. Robin usually sends out an email with the sections many of us sit together.

Downtown hotels by now are probably pretty booked but likely $200 & up. It looks like there's a lot of parking downtown if you want to get a hotel outside of downtown & drive to downtown to save some money.

It seems like finals last year were Sunday afternoon but at night other years, so you may want to book for three nights since the first session is Saturday morning, as I recall.

Overall, not bad, especially compared to Nationals.

Other attendees, please chime in here.
The finals were at night. I believe they started at 6:00.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006

4xcy

Aug 10, 2019
Okie state presale started today. They are already discussing which sections are sold out. Must be a perk provided to host school.

Mead For My Horses

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2020
It looks like an OK St event. Probably 2/3 of fans are Pokes. I'm pretty sure this is the last year of the Tulsa contract. I'd love to have it in DM but it might conflict with girls state BB or an NCAA BB bid.

Mead For My Horses

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2020
It looks like an OK St event. Probably 2/3 of fans are Pokes. I'm pretty sure this is the last year of the Tulsa contract. I'd love to have it in DM but it might conflict with girls state BB or an NCAA BB bid.
I will say though that plenty of good tickets are available. The ISU designated section is usually in the corner, but maybe we'll get moved more toward the center with good attendance and a team challenging for the top.