2024 Big 12 Championships in Tulsa

Cytasticlone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 22, 2012
Ames, IA
And when this year's pre-seeds drop, I'll start a new championships thread with all of the other goodies (schedule, video links, etc.)
I figured and that's why I definitely wanted the note in there so as not to be too confusing since the dates are always close year to year. Didn't want to cause the old thread to be bumped.

cywr89

May 14, 2009
The other thing to thnk about is that every year a team comes seemingly out of no where and makes a strong push via falls. In years past that's often seem to be Oklahoma but I don't see it from them this year. Maybe Mizzou, Okie St and Us keep teams like that down but it's something to watch for.
That happened when there wasn’t any top end teams. Don’t expect anything like that this year as OSU, ISU, MO will separate themselves. SDSU and UNI should be solid 4th and 5th. SDSU probably has the best chance of sneaking into 3rd if MO is still struggling at Big 12s.

Cytasticlone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 22, 2012
Ames, IA
Sec 120! Going to awesome! First time going to Tulsa!
Nice. I need to go sometime to this and the NCAA tourney. This year I'm at least taking time off Thursday afternoon and Friday to be able to watch all of the NCAAs. Ha. I've never taken time off for the NCAA MBB tourney like some do but I am for wrestling for the first time! This season has been really fun. I hope it keeps going into the post season.

LeadersWifeLife

Oct 31, 2020
Treynor
Single-session tickets available. Also, extended in Tulsa through 2028.

Why does our conference continue to cater to Smith and OSU?!?!?!? Move the site around (KC, DM, Denver, St. Louis, etc.) for better travel for all teams and fans. No way all coaches agreed to this outside of OU and OSU.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Why does our conference continue to cater to Smith and OSU?!?!?!? Move the site around (KC, DM, Denver, St. Louis, etc.) for better travel for all teams and fans. No way all coaches agreed to this outside of OU and OSU.

Why does the basketball tournament stay in Kansas City?
Why do the football championship and baseball tournament stay in DFW?

You go where the best deal is. Coaches don't get a say.

ISU_Cyclones

May 9, 2018
I have no clue but here's my late night guess. Very little research was done. Mostly off the top of my dome from results I can remember

1. Troy Spratley (OkSt)
2. Steve Poulin (UNCO)
3. Noah Surtin (Mizzou)
4. Tanner Jordan (SDSU)
5. Jore Volk (Wyo)
6. Trevor Anderson (UNI)
7. Kysen Terukina (ISU)
8. Eli Griffin (Cal Baptist)

Spratley over surtin, Jordan, Anderson, terukina. Surtin over volk. Poulin over volk (and surtin at big 12s last year). Jordan over Volk. Anderson over terukina. Terukina over Griffin.

1. Daton Fix (OkSt)
2. Evan Frost (ISU)
3. Dominick Serrano (UNCO)
4. Derrick Cardinal (SDSU)
5. Julian Farber (UNI)
6. Kade Moore (Mizzou)

1. Taegen Jamison (OkSt)
2. Anthony Echemendia (ISU)
3. Cael Happel (UNI)
4. Jordan Titus (WVU)
5. Josh Edmond (Mizzou)
6. Cael Carlson (SDSU)
Full disclosure, I have no clue. Everyone has beaten everyone here. If you go most recent wins, I think Ech could be the 1. Happel beat Jamison and Titus, Jamison beat Echemendia, Titus, and carlson, Echemendia beat Happel and Edmond, Titus beat Edmond, Edmond beat Happel

1. Casey Swiderski (ISU)
2. Ty Watters (WVU)
3. Logan Gioffre (Mizzou)
4. Willie McDougald (OU)
Went off flo big12 rankings

1. Vinny Zerban (UNCO)
2. Ryder Downey (UNI)
3. Teague Travis (OkSt)
4. Cody Chittum (ISU)
5. Brock Mauller (Mizzou)
Zerban undefeated. Downey with wins over Travis and Chittum. Travis with win over mauller. Chittum wrestled in Mizzou dual, mauller didn't. Reward guy that wrestled.

1. David Carr (ISU)
2. Keegan Otoole (Mizzou)
3. Peyton Hall (WVU)
4. Izaak Olejnik (OkSt)
Straightforward

1. Cade Devos (SDSU)
2. MJ Gaitan (ISU)
3. Brayden Thompson (OkSt)
4. Peyton Mocco (Mizzou)
Devos with wins over them all. Gaitan over Thompson. Thompson with win over mocco. Gaitan wrestled, mocco sat. 2 things not sure about here. How they'll seed Gavin Sax of NDSU and the recent Picklo win over Thompson (split this year)

1. Parker Keckeisen (UNI)
2. Dustin Plott (OkSt)
3. Bennett Berge (SDSU)
4. Sam Wolf (Air Force)
5. Will Feldcamp (ISU)
6. Clayton Whiting (Mizzou)
Plott has win over Berge. Berge over wolf. Wolf over Whiting. Feldcamp didn't get to wrestle Whiting.

1. Tanner Sloan (SDSU)
2. Stephen Buchanan (OU)
3. Rocky Elam (Mizzou)
4. Luke Surber (OkSt)

1. Wyatt Hendrickson (Air Force)
2. Yonger Bastida (Iowa State)
3. Zach Elam (Mizzou)
4. Josh Heinselman (OU)
5. Konner Doucet (OkSt)
Heinselman and doucet 1-1. Most recent win heinselman.
What are the seeding criteria does anyone know? I get that Hendrickson is a returning AA but he hasn't really wrestled anyone this year (from my quick look, maybe I missed someone), curious if Bastida could get the 1 seed over him.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
What are the seeding criteria does anyone know? I get that Hendrickson is a returning AA but he hasn't really wrestled anyone this year (from my quick look, maybe I missed someone), curious if Bastida could get the 1 seed over him.
Guessing that since Hendrickson is the undefeated returning big 12 champ, he will get the 1 seed

1CycloneWrestlingFan

Jan 5, 2020
I'm not 100% sure, I'll try to find it, but I do think they take previous big 12s into account. Which is why I have Hendrickson and Carr above bastida and otoole

G-imJustafan

Sep 9, 2022
will we see any wrestle offs for weight representation or are the 10 spots locked up based upon the reg season ?

Cyclonewrestlingfan2022

May 30, 2023
I don't think there are any wrestleoffs. Not sure why there would be. I don't think 125 will have a wrestleoff either. Either Kysen wrestles or the staff decides Kysen lost his chance and Perryman wrestles.
I really think Kysen will wrestle
100% let’s just hope Kysen can make the cut. Every point matters

Reactions: VeloClone

IcSyUclone

Mar 20, 2020
Last minute but it might work out to take the family now and would appreciate any advise. I don't know what BOK looks like. Thoughts on GA vs reserved seats in the corners? Also, if we grab reserve what rows are better IE 108 row T or 108 row W?

Anything fun for 5th and 7th grade kids between sessions?

Mead For My Horses

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2020
Last minute but it might work out to take the family now and would appreciate any advise. I don't know what BOK looks like. Thoughts on GA vs reserved seats in the corners? Also, if we grab reserve what rows are better IE 108 row T or 108 row W?

There's a cool park south of downtown called The Gathering Place. Definitely check it out.

As far as the tickets go, there are usually quite a few seats available if you go GA. To me, it's hard to be in the corners because matches take place all over the floor, so some matches are tough to get a good view.

Tigerguy_

Sep 26, 2020

There will be plenty of empty seats where you will be able to move to and get a better view.