2024 ISU MBB State of The Program

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Not sure what CNM meant but this wasn't what I meant. My comment was more towards an overall goal, i.e. "We need to raise $3 million for Iowa State basketball under We Will to accomplish our goals to make ISU basketball a top destination".

Right now its "give us money so we can compete" and then all we hear outside of Blum is "our collective sucks and we can't compete". That might be true but tell us what it needs to be so its competitive and we don't have to continually hear how little money we give...
Some of this I think is a lot of guesswork though. Be realistic, it's 100% in players' advantage to claim more and bigger offers, and doubtful ISU or any team trying to compete or retain is going to call somebody out and ask to see anything in writing. Not to mention, I would say while things are still in the recruitment/retention stage these are verbal discussions to agree in principle before things are in writing.

So, when people say, "I know X player got an offer of $Y from other schools," I'd take it with a grain of salt. Players, their families, and their representatives have 100% motivation to exaggerate and make up the value of their offers, and no repercussions for doing so.

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
FYI to jump in here. Our budget for We Will for all sports this year was a little under $2 million (money spent July 1, 2023-June 30, 2024). Our goal for next year is more than double that to remain competitive and thanks to Cyclone Nation we are tracking to meet that goal. Where that puts us relative to our peers is hard to know but we are in a much more competitive place and I hope you all know we value your support. We can always use more. :)

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
I had seen references to sending money via Venmo, but not for quite some time. Is that not really an option? Just seems like it would save the credit card fees.

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
I had seen references to sending money via Venmo, but not for quite some time. Is that not really an option? Just seems like it would save the credit card fees.
Always an option. Venmo is @wewillclub

Reactions: ProjectInCYte

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
I would definitely donate more if I could see a budget sheet for the collective, for sure.

Not that I don’t trust Blum but it is giving money to an organization in an industry that was just created in the last few years and has 0 regulation.
Always happy to have phone or zoom calls for folks that want more details of our budget and process. I would prefer not putting all the details on a public forum but certainly want to be transparent for this purpose. Also for those who want more detail our 2022 tax return is on guidestar and other non profit websites as it’s required by the IRS. Thanks!

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Always happy to have phone or zoom calls for folks that want more details of our budget and process. I would prefer not putting all the details on a public forum but certainly want to be transparent for this purpose. Also for those who want more detail our 2022 tax return is on guidestar and other non profit websites as it’s required by the IRS. Thanks!

Might be nice to offer a free webinar to WWC Club and premium members of CF to go over these sorts of things with some patina of secrecy to it given the audience sometime this summer.

You know, when you and CW finally get an offseason.

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
Might be nice to offer a free webinar to WWC Club and premium members of CF to go over these sorts of things with some patina of secrecy to it given the audience sometime this summer.

this is a great idea! We will do this for sure.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006

Seems counterproductive to limit who can participate.

Reactions: brentblum

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Is there public knowledge of who our corporate NIL funders are?

Well Northwest Banks and Kemna Auto are working with Audi. You could get a CD interest bump based on how many points Audi scored the game previous. Kemna was more a go to schools and interact with kids things if I remember correctly. Those are both northern Iowa based businesses.

Stevetasker

Jun 25, 2011
Well Northwest Banks and Kemna Auto are working with Audi. You could get a CD interest bump based on how many points Audi scored the game previous. Kemna was more a go to schools and interact with kids things if I remember correctly. Those are both northern Iowa based businesses.
I read ClaimDoc from Des Moines is a corporate sponsor of Audi as well.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Nice write up.

ISU should be Top 10 preseason next year, regardless what happens, which is huge for the program’s perception. We should also have a much tougher non conf schedule next year.

I know absolutely nothing, but I think everyone should be prepared for surprises in the portal season - that’s just the reality of this era.

But TJ has proven that he’s able to bring in guys that just fit - even if they didn’t play that way before. Like Keshon, he never played defense like that at UNLV, but he bought in.

Someone like Hadley from Colorado would be a perfect fit - if we need him. So no matter what surprises come down, I fully expect us to be a Top 10 team again next year.

Hadley and/or Dailey Jr from Ok St would be elite.

I think they’ll need to find another big. One that hasn’t proven much on offense, but is long, mobile and tough- a moneyball move. Like the 6’9” 230 IHCC forward that has the 7’8” wingspan and 36” vertical

If there were ever to be a time to donate to the roster salary/NIL, it’s this year. We’re in a very rare championship window. With all the changes coming, like the P2 making twice us in an era of revenue sharing with players, we may never have as good of opportunity

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Be it resolved, whereas . . . . . Senate Resolution 109

Last edited: