2024 Mens CBB Coaching Carousel

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
I have hope still. Would be the perfect kick to the nuts for the purple kitties.
I hope not. I like Tang right where he is.

A good coach can win at KSU. I don't want to give them a redo trying to find one.

Jkclone15

Nov 19, 2017
I hope not. I like Tang right where he is.

A good coach can win at KSU. I don't want to give them a redo trying to find one.
I think it's an underratedly difficult place to recruit to. Second fiddle in Kansas. Third fiddle in Missouri. Where else are they going to get recruits from nearby? Colorado? Not many recruits in Nebraska or Oklahoma and the ones that exist will be fought over. They're basically stuck trying to pull players out of Texas or relying on their coach to use his own connections.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Will Wade and K-State's non-existent academic standards are a match made in heaven.
That is the one hire I wouldn't want to see. WW would get players by any means necessary and KSU would let him in order to compete with KU. It would only be for a few years either with Wade taking a better job or NCAA removing him but he could have a run until then.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Originally I thought that the Tang to Arky rumblings were completely fabricated because, KSU just got their new PG out of the portal (Dig Dug from Michigan). This is quite interesting. If a coaching switch is made, I hope KSU promotes their assistant coach who likes to call college kids MFers.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Yeah, at first I thought he wouldn’t leave, but thinking more on it, Fayetteville is an upgrade over Manhattan, easier conference to coach at, better fan support, and probably gets paid better. Also warmer climate. It’s really probably a no brainer.