2024 Mens CBB Coaching Carousel

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Drew is in the middle of building a new house in Waco, but things change. I think he stays, but who knows.

• Haha
Reactions: Mads4st8

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Drew is in the middle of building a new house in Waco, but things change. I think he stays, but who knows.

Supposedly his wife was the one that flew to Kentucky today. And she’s the one not interested in going. It would be a crap move to tweet the restaurant thing if he was leaving.

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines
is anyone else just exhausted with all this NIL, Transfer, coaching change stuff? I get it with all the money, but I am becoming desensitized to it all and find it laughable. I mean, could you imagine 20 years ago having the coach from Kentucky go to Arkansas? But with NIL, the owner of Walmart can buy a coach and give an unlimited NIL fund. Not saying that is what happened, but you get the point.

if I was a billionaire, I would probably have about 25 million in players each year for basketball alone....lol.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Where are you hearing this?
Just my opinion. I thought that the fact he is meeting with Kentucky was the first sign because before he always just turned people down. But if the family is meeting with the AD it’s likely game over. The AD is a really religious guys as well so I’m sure he worked that angle.Baylor people are pretty nervous as well that cover the team and saying stuff to fans like “we will still be in a good place” etc and talking about who they will target

• Agree
Reactions: 1UNI2ISU

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
With the Drew's being from Indiana, Kentucky does get them a heckuva lot closer to home.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
With the Drew's being from Indiana, Kentucky does get them a heckuva lot closer to home.

They’ve lived in Waco for 20 years. At this point Kentucky would be further from home.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
They’ve lived in Waco for 20 years. At this point Kentucky would be further from home.
Mulkey had a more dominant program than Drew, was there just as long, and she left to go home.

I'm not saying you're wrong at all you just never know with some of these coaches.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Mulkey had a more dominant program than Drew, was there just as long, and she left to go home.

I'm not saying you're wrong at all you just never know with some of these coaches.

Go home true, also got in a big fight with the A.D. I think the A.D. fight had more to do with it.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

For sure. And if Drew goes, I’m sure he’ll say that he’s home.

I just find it odd (in all circumstances) that so many people think going to a place you haven’t lived inn20 years is gone. Drew’s kids won’t consider it home.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
For sure. And if Drew goes, I’m sure he’ll say that he’s home.

I just find it odd (in all circumstances) that so many people think going to a place you haven’t lived inn20 years is gone. Drew’s kids won’t consider it home.
Agreed. Even at the time when Jamie Dixon left Pitt to go back "home" to TCU, I was l confused.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
is anyone else just exhausted with all this NIL, Transfer, coaching change stuff? I get it with all the money, but I am becoming desensitized to it all and find it laughable. I mean, could you imagine 20 years ago having the coach from Kentucky go to Arkansas? But with NIL, the owner of Walmart can buy a coach and give an unlimited NIL fund. Not saying that is what happened, but you get the point.

if I was a billionaire, I would probably have about 25 million in players each year for basketball alone....lol.

I think you’re seeing an offshoot of this in the rise in popularity of WCBB. There’s still at least an inkling of purity there for now. The conscience/mood of the country is so against what’s going on right now. The Bamas, tOSU’s, Michigans, etc love it because it guarantees their dominance. Everyone else is going to get burned out pretty quickly imo

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Sounds like Scott Drew is gonna stay according to a guy I know that’s close with the Baylor program
It's kind of like deciding between Destination A where you're in the middle of nowhere and there are a bunch of crazy zealots or Destination B where you can't find a dentist and there are a bunch of crazy inbred people.

Yes, that is a very unfair stereotypical statement (that was the point), please don't take offense.