** 2024 Minnesota Twins ** - Please Merge with Other Thread

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Thought I would start a thread.

Word is that Amazon is buying the streaming rights for 5 teams, including the Twins. May only need a Prime membership.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I think Bally Sports is out, so the Twins have gotta do something. They also will spend less money this year on players, partly due to not knowing what kind of TV money is coming in.

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA

Word is that Amazon is buying the streaming rights for 5 teams, including the Twins. May only need a Prime membership.
I would LOVE to have the Twins included with Prime. Would be a tremendous upgrade over the disaster that is Bally's.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

Where did you hear this? This would make me beyond a happy camper.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Where did you hear this? This would make me beyond a happy camper.
Lots of places reporting this morning, but I've yet to see anything specific about the Twins (or any team outside the YES broadcasts Amazon already handles) or pricing

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Didn’t like the other ‘24 Twins thread?
I couldn't find it. Didn't search long enough.

Mods can delete this thread then.

Sorry for not doing a good search.

Last edited:

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Lots of places reporting this morning, but I've yet to see anything specific about the Twins (or any team outside the YES broadcasts Amazon already handles) or pricing

Might not include Twins. First story I read was wrong. Diamond has rights to 11 teams and not the Twins currently. They have streaming rights to 5 of the 11 teams. Amazon is buying those 5 teams.

Diamond wanted to pull the Twins back in and do a deal for all 12 teams with Amazon, but MLB nixed that idea. Presumably, MLB might be working on a separate Amazon deal.

KennyPratt42

The Legend
Jan 13, 2017
As I understand it, Diamond/Bally currently has broadcast rights for 11 MLB teams for the upcoming season. The Twins are not one of those 11 as their deal concluded at the end of the 2023 season. Of those 11 teams there are 5 where the in place contract includes streaming rights (Detroit Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Miami Marlins, Milwaukee Brewers, and Tampa Bay Rays). Those are the 5 that the most recent Amazon/Diamond news might effect.

MLB and Diamond are currently in negotiations as Diamond progresses through bankruptcy proceedings. There have been reports of MLB attempting to block the Amazon investment into Diamond because MLB wants to negotiated their own deal with Amazon.

As far as the Twins local broadcast right in 2024, there has been reports of a possible one year contract with Diamond/Bally. There have also been rumors about the Twins and Amazon for the last several months, but that would likely be part of a bigger deal.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: JM4CY and clone52

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Whatever happens, please get them on TV. I subscribed to too many services already to add Bally. Plus I have never heard anything good about Bally.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Pretty sure Bally is out. No worries there.
They are unless it’s for one more year if they can agree to terms so that the twins can go to market with more teams, as I understand it. It’s a super complicated deal. Amazon saving the day would be AMAZING and there must be some real traction this now and not just rumors.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
If they can strike a deal with Amazon, that would be great. I already subscribe!
It's highly likely this will be an additional charge. Amazon just changed prime video to be ad supported unless you pay more.

Either way, I've been unable to give someone my American dollars to just watch the Twins for years, so I'll happily do so given the opportunity

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
It's highly likely this will be an additional charge. Amazon just changed prime video to be ad supported unless you pay more.

Either way, I've been unable to give someone my American dollars to just watch the Twins for years, so I'll happily do so given the opportunity
Exactly. I’ll gladly pay a monthly fee if I can see the twins more than random games or those weird Apple Friday ones when they play the Yankees.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque

It just depends on the price point for me. If it's reasonable I'll pay, but if not, there are plenty of other ways for me to waste time during the summer. And like you, I have never really had the opportunity to watch and even when I have, with so many games in a season, I have never really found them to be must-watch or schedule life around it type of thing. I guess it would just be nice to have the option to watch more than anything.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
It just depends on the price point for me. If it's reasonable I'll pay, but if not, there are plenty of other ways for me to waste time during the summer. And like you, I have never really had the opportunity to watch and even when I have, with so many games in a season, I have never really found them to be must-watch or schedule life around it type of thing. I guess it would just be nice to have the option to watch more than anything.
I’ll probably still keep the radio option I pay for through the app which is dirt cheap so I can listen while I’m doing other things. But it will be really nice to have the garage TV have the game on in the summertime while I’m farting around with things in the garage.

Reactions: Cyinthenorth

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Dear dummies that have been ruining, I mean running baseball:

Stop being stupid and get your damn sport readily available on TV, and actually give your sport a chance to rebound. There was actually really good momentum from the WBC, and for once the incompetent idiots running the sport did something right with the rule changes, which were absolutely spot on.

Man I would love for something like this to happen with the Twins.

• Love
Reactions: JM4CY

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis

It sounded like it might be an ad-on channel within Prime.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
It sounded like it might be an ad-on channel within Prime.
Little unrelated to this topic, but it seems an additional subscription within a streaming platform is the future for watching sporting events on TV. It’s essentially like PPV. NFL was testing the waters last weekend to see the demand for the chiefs/dolphins game.

Reactions: jcyclonee

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron