MLB: ***2024 Minnesota Twins***

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
Not surprised to see the Twins move on from Nick Gordon. He was the Twins star that never was. Hope the Twins hit on one of these relievers they brought in during the offseason.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Not surprised to see the Twins move on from Nick Gordon. He was the Twins star that never was. Hope the Twins hit on one of these relievers they brought in during the offseason.
Their pen *should* be outstanding. Gordon likely will have a nice year down there and I hope he does but there just wasn't room anymore. He's a nice player that's had unbelievably horrible luck.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Right sizing our business. Are the Twins up for sale. Just feels funny.
New ownership is needed. Taxpayers fund a stadium and owners said that would increase their capital to spend on players. But it is apparent the Pohlad’s are more concerned about maximizing their own profits than fielding a team that could make a run at a World Series. It’s difficult to support the team when ownership doesn’t want to spend the money to make a serious run for the playoffs

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
New ownership is needed. Taxpayers fund a stadium and owners said that would increase their capital to spend on players. But it is apparent the Pohlad’s are more concerned about maximizing their own profits than fielding a team that could make a run at a World Series. It’s difficult to support the team when ownership doesn’t want to spend the money to make a serious run for the playoffs
To argue the other side of it, their payroll is automatically going up a lot next year and adding a high priced guy would really hamper things. I think they need one more SP, but I think they would be better off trading for one. Since the central is so weak, then can probably afford to go into it with internal options and make a trade if they really have to.

Important year for the young SP. Varland, Woods Richardson, Festa and Canterino will all have their chances.

The only real lineup hole they have is a RH hitting OF, but Austin Martin will probably take care of that. Give him a shot and if he flounders, make a trade later. Or if Taylor wants to come back on another one year deal, sign him.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
To argue the other side of it, their payroll is automatically going up a lot next year and adding a high priced guy would really hamper things. I think they need one more SP, but I think they would be better off trading for one. Since the central is so weak, then can probably afford to go into it with internal options and make a trade if they really have to.

Important year for the young SP. Varland, Woods Richardson, Festa and Canterino will all have their chances.

The only real lineup hole they have is a RH hitting OF, but Austin Martin will probably take care of that. Give him a shot and if he flounders, make a trade later. Or if Taylor wants to come back on another one year deal, sign him.
I had heard the twins were reducing payroll for 2024. This article is from Nov 2023, but they held true to their word. The twins did receive a media rights deal, but the terms of the deal are private to my knowledge

Source

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

Brooks Lee can and will also juice up the right side of the plate too (both sides but you know what I mean).

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Brooks Lee can and will also juice up the right side of the plate too (both sides but you know what I mean).
I didn't mention Lee because he doesn't play OF. But when he comes up and plays 2B, Julien moves to 1B and Alex Kiriloff could be a trade piece. A trade package of Kiriloff, Emmanuel Rodriguez and Marco Raya could get you a hell of a SP if you wanted to go that route.

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
As far as SP available, Trevor Bauer said he will sign for league minimum with incentives. Doubt the Twins would take the PR hit, but some team will probably take him up on this cheap contract.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
As far as SP available, Trevor Bauer said he will sign for league minimum with incentives. Doubt the Twins would take the PR hit, but some team will probably take him up on this cheap contract.
I want no part of that mess. Regardless of all of that, it would be a damn circus.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyhig and Dormeezy

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
Margot isn't exactly the needle-mover I was hoping for. Still surprised Twins didn't add a No. SP this offseason.
Thought they might bring back Taylor but Margot’s signing settles that. Don’t know how the money compares between the two, but I’d give nod to Taylor talent wise.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Thought they might bring back Taylor but Margot’s signing settles that. Don’t know how the money compares between the two, but I’d give nod to Taylor talent wise.
I liked Taylor. He over delivered compared to what I expected. This signing will matter a lot less if Buxton is actually healthy (yes I realize what I just said…)

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
Varland better be ready.
Varland may be a starter at some point during the season, but I don't expect that will be right away.

Starting 5 are likely to be Ober, Ryan, DeSclafani, Lopez and Paddack. With the exception of Lopez, that's not exactly a stellar starting staff. Ober and Ryan have both had their moments, but they both seemed to fade as the season wore on last year. DeSclafani and Paddack, who knows what to expect out of them? Simeon Woods Richardson had a good outing today, even though he only threw 17 pitches. They're building him up, so maybe he could be a starting option somewhere down the road this year.

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
Miguel Sano signed a minor league deal with the Angels and showed up to camp 58 lbs lighter than his playing days with the Twins. Too bad he didn’t take this seriously when he was in Minnesota.

Iastfan112

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Miguel Sano signed a minor league deal with the Angels and showed up to camp 58 lbs lighter than his playing days with the Twins. Too bad he didn’t take this seriously when he was in Minnesota.

He did significant weight loss a couple times while on the Twins, problem was it never stuck.