***2024 Minnesota Vikings***

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I'm still bummed they didn't take TJ in the 4th. I think he was better than the guy they got, and selfishly I always want more VikeClones.
I wanted Tampa as well, but I understand the draw of Khyree Jackson, especially in a Flores defense. He's got rare size for a cornerback at 6'4. Very physical as well, and his 40 time was still right there with Tampa. I think they see him with more versatility than a lot of other prospects that were available at the time.

Who knows how it will play out. I hope both he and Tampa have excellent careers.

• Agree
Reactions: stuclone

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
I wanted Tampa as well, but I understand the draw of Khyree Jackson, especially in a Flores defense. He's got rare size for a cornerback at 6'4. Very physical as well, and his 40 time was still right there with Tampa. I think they see him with more versatility than a lot of other prospects that were available at the time.

Who knows how it will play out. I hope both he and Tampa have excellent careers.
If the Vikes are thinking they may move Jackson to safety, that may have played into their decision too. But the size really impressed them as the Vikes mentioned Jackson’s length over and over.

Reactions: Mr Janny

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Assuming the Vikings wanted Maye...the Pats should have made that deal...and then somehow traded up to #2 and either pick Maye or made the Vikings trade with them again! Just kidding...although it would have been funny to see play out!
That would have been an absolute disaster for the Vikes. Thankfully New England saved them from themselves.