***2024 Minnesota Vikings***

Cy4Lifer

Dec 21, 2010
I admit, I am a bad Vikings fan. At halftime, I turned to my relatives in the room and said “I give us a 1% chance to win this thing!” Oh ye of little faith! Go Vikes! Just keep winning!

Reactions: Aclone

ISpyCy

Sep 17, 2011
Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE
On another note, while the win was nothing short of spectacular, it's still concerning that it got to that point against a team like the Colts. Donatell's job may be safe for another week, but before seeing the greatness that was, we saw the ugliness of that defensive setup.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I left at half time.

Sigh.
Hard to blame you. That's as good of a story as being there.

One of the bigger, local beat writers, Judd Zulgad, left at halftime to start his vent-line live call in show early, because there were so many people pissed off about the way they were playing. And then it morphed into them witnessing the comeback. Made for good listening.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site

One of the bigger, local beat writers, Judd Zulgad, left at halftime to start his vent-line live call in show early, because there were so many people pissed off about the way they were playing. And then it morphed into them witnessing the comeback. Made for good listening.
Our thought was that if we're going to have to keep watching the Vikings lose, I'd rather do it with $5 beers and decent food that didn't cost an arm and a leg, so we grabbed an Uber to the 1029 Bar in NE Minneapolis (my favorite Twin Cities dive) and had wings, fries, and Grain Belt while watching the come back as the whole bar went bonkers.

The guy next to me at the bar goes "man, imagine all the folks who were at the game and left early. That would have to suck!" When I told him I was one of those people, he bought me a beer.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I left at half time.

Sigh.
well-that-sucks-bummer.gif

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
I admit, I am a bad Vikings fan. At halftime, I turned to my relatives in the room and said “I give us a 1% chance to win this thing!” Oh ye of little faith! Go Vikes! Just keep winning!
I'm a bad fan too, but it worked out quite well... I ended up getting club seats dirt cheap and went up. Spent time from the start of halftime to about 6 minutes left in the 4th up in the club talking to friends, eating, drinking, and watching on screens, hung around in there for a while due to superstition of the comeback...then finally said the hell with it and went back out to seats for the ending. Then came back to the club afterward to party up some more.

Best money I've ever spent, and that game was an experience I'll never get to have again.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
I really don’t get the Cousins hate. Guy took a beating today and stood in there. Both interceptions were on Reagor.
He gets made fun of for falling over, which hasn't been his fault every single time it's happened. He's been stepped on, repeatedly, by the shittiest OL man in the entire NFL. Both picks were missed by the receiver, not poorly-thrown balls or bad decisions. Cousins threw a ton of risky passes to make big plays, and continually kept delivering on them.

He had a bad first half with some accuracy problems and taking bad sacks. He then followed that up with one of the best QB performances in a half of football in history (surely aided by bad decisions by the Colts, but that's not Cousins's fault and he rightfully took advantage).

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I left at half time.

Sigh.

That's rough, but it's understandable. I went from watching the World Cup to ISUMBB to ISUWBB yesterday. I reserved the small screen (my phone) for the Vikes game on Hulu. I turned off the live streaming to save my battery after they came out of halftime and laid an egg on their first offensive possession.

Once the comeback started, my superstition kept me from putting the game back on my phone to see what was going on. I watched the recorded game once it was all done.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Our thought was that if we're going to have to keep watching the Vikings lose, I'd rather do it with $5 beers and decent food that didn't cost an arm and a leg, so we grabbed an Uber to the 1029 Bar in NE Minneapolis (my favorite Twin Cities dive) and had wings, fries, and Grain Belt while watching the come back as the whole bar went bonkers.

The guy next to me at the bar goes "man, imagine all the folks who were at the game and left early. That would have to suck!" When I told him I was one of those people, he bought me a beer.
1029 is an amazing place. At least you chose right!

Reactions: Al_4_State

SWCy13

Nov 14, 2011
I left at half time.

Sigh.

I feel your pain. My wife & I stuck around until after the first 3 & out after halftime. Figured I'd give them one shot to show a SINGLE sign of life. Boom, 3 & out & I had had enough.

Made it about halfway to Rochester & turned it on the radio. Made it to a bar in Rochester for OT & watched the end there.

Obviously heartbroken that I missed out on it, but still makes for a good story. Although my wife hasn't stopped letting me hear about it since Saturday, but she hasn't been beaten down by the Vikings over the years like I have.

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022

Judd probably had to eat some of his hot takes.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
At 36-14 I said they would get the 3 touchdowns and miss the 2 point conversion. This isn't a traditional Vikings team. This isn't a traditional anything team.