***2024 Minnesota Vikings***

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Packers have some things going in the run game and some identity in the pass game, defense making plays.

Not sure how sustainable it is.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
I’ll be honest, I would be pretty happy with the season just winning one playoff game
It wasn't ever supposed to be a 12 win, division title season to begin with. It's house money. And we now know what needs to change:
* The OL still sucks balls and has no depth
* Somewhat related to the above, your run game/scheme is bad
* Your defense is absolutely atrocious and relies solely on turnovers to help win games

Fix two, hopefully keeping the rest of the team result fairly similar, and you're a greater threat next season. Despite the bad OL and rushing, your offense is still very good and has good skill players. This is a great year for a new HC and new GM already.

Reactions: Foosballa

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
It wasn't ever supposed to be a 12 win, division title season to begin with. It's house money. And we now know what needs to change:
* The OL still sucks balls and has no depth
* Somewhat related to the above, your run game/scheme is bad
* Your defense is absolutely atrocious and relies solely on turnovers to help win games

Fix two, hopefully keeping the rest of the team result fairly similar, and you're a greater threat next season. Despite the bad OL and rushing, your offense is still very good and has good skill players. This is a great year for a new HC and new GM already.
As long as Donatell is your DC, your D will basically suck. There is a reason the packers canned him. He struggled to coach the D out of a wet paper sack. He had unbelievable talent a year or two and coached them to be like 22nd in the league. Packers had to score nearly every drive to win, and at that time, they usually could.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
As long as Donatell is your DC, your D will basically suck. There is a reason the packers canned him. He struggled to coach the D out of a wet paper sack. He had unbelievable talent a year or two and coached them to be like 22nd in the league. Packers had to score nearly every drive to win, and at that time, they usually could.
I'm fully aware. I really hope the org is willing to make that change immediately after the season ends. The only star category this defense has excelled in, at times, is luck -- nothing real or measurable. Donatell shouldn't even be in the NFL at this point.

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
Which blows my mind why KOC hired him. I don’t get it.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
This will be the last good game the Packers play this year. They’ll look average in a win next week against the Lions, and then get smoked in the playoffs.
I think the Vikings are done with their “good” games. Like it was said, unless Kirk somehow pulls ANOTHER rabbit out his ass in round 1, this team is done. Round 2 on the road and they will get totally rawdogged and I don’t think anyone wants to see that. The crazy wins were a blast but I think the good stuff from this team is done for the year.

MrTippet

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2009
Yeah people are comparing the Vikings to the expectations of a Superbowl team. I get they have a bunch of vets but this team has done about as good as you could hope with their deficiencies.

Reactions: Acylum

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Rookie coach, rookie mistake. The fact that they're 12-4 makes me give him a cautious pass for this, mostly because I believe he'll do something to correct it.
I think 12-4 means he won’t change him and try to draft his way to a better defense

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
And the gift INTs begin. Bears have to try to keep that top draft pick in play.

and, why is Cook and a number of starters playing?

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
They just got done talking about Cousins focusing on “the mental part” of his game to get ready for the playoffs - then he checks down to a receiver short of the goal line with only seconds left and no time outs, the Vikings rush out for a last-second field goal, and end up with too many players on the field. No points.

I mean, a few seconds left, 3rd and goal at the 6, you use your last time out before the play - of course it has to be a pass, but IT HAS TO BE A PASS INTO THE END ZONE. Either TD or the clock stops on the incompletion … you can’t throw it short of the goal line! Any 12-year-old football fan knows that!

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
They just got done talking about Cousins focusing on “the mental part” of his game to get ready for the playoffs - then he checks down to a receiver short of the goal line with only seconds left and no time outs, the Vikings rush out for a last-second field goal, and end up with too many players on the field. No points.
He's checked down a ton this game. Taking very, very few risks of any kind. Maybe that's intentional, but I doubt it.