***2024 Minnesota Vikings***

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016

Non-mutual opponents next year:

Vikings - Falcons, Giants, Jets
Lions - Bucs, Cowboys, Bills
Packers - Saints, Eagles, Dolphins
Bears - Panthers, Commanders, Patriots

So the Bears catch a break but Detroit and Green Bay should both have tougher goes than Minnesota at least.

Reactions: Cyclone06

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
Mock draft at PFF dated today had the Vikings taking Bo Nix of Oregon in Round One, fifth QB selected. Michael Penix was already gone, taken by the Falcons. The mock draft people don’t know anything, but it’s a fun discussion point.
That’s a little surprising to see five QBs taken in the top 11. Most ‘experts’ have Williams, Maye, Daniels, Penix, and McCarthy well before Nix, and project he’ll be the only second rounder of this group.
Agree it’s just fun at this point.

cyfan21

Aug 24, 2010
Davenport
Mock draft at PFF dated today had the Vikings taking Bo Nix of Oregon in Round One, fifth QB selected. Michael Penix was already gone, taken by the Falcons. The mock draft people don’t know anything, but it’s a fun discussion point.
I would prefer the team resigning Kirk Cousins and going and getting a veteran backup qb in free agency. Mullens, Dibbs, and Hall have proven they are not capable of playing at the level we need.

The first three rounds of the draft need to focus on DB, Oline, and Dline in no particular order. Just get the best value at each selection.

KAM needs to strike gold in this draft class for me to consider him keeping him at his job.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I believe the Vikings have the 11th overall pick. I'm not confident that Kwesi will do any good with it. If he misses with that pick, I want Kwesi gone.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
I would prefer the team resigning Kirk Cousins and going and getting a veteran backup qb in free agency. Mullens, Dibbs, and Hall have proven they are not capable of playing at the level we need.

The first three rounds of the draft need to focus on DB, Oline, and Dline in no particular order. Just get the best value at each selection.

KAM needs to strike gold in this draft class for me to consider him keeping him at his job.
I would sign Cousins for 2 years and draft a QB.

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
I would sign Cousins for 2 years and draft a QB.
I agree with Jared Allen’s take. The Vikings ’have too many moving parts’ and need to move on from Cousins.
Kwesi though wants him back, so he’ll get signed and we’ll be back to a one playoff win ceiling.

Reactions: somecyguy

cyfan21

Aug 24, 2010
Davenport
I agree with Jared Allen’s take. The Vikings ’have too many moving parts’ and need to move on from Cousins.
Kwesi though wants him back, so he’ll get signed and we’ll be back to a one playoff win ceiling.
He should! His job is dependent on it. I’m pretty sure they didn’t hire him or oconnel were hired for a rebuild. They were hire to win around Kirk cousins.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Vikings lose a home game next season as one “home” game will be played in London

• Angry
Reactions: Acylum

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
Yep. I don’t think they’ll offer cousins $40m though. I wouldn’t mind seeing signing cousins to a 2 year deal for $30m or less, assuming he will agree to such a deal.
According to Charlie Walters, Cousins asking price is now—$90 million two year guaranteed contract. So much for the ‘hometown deal.’

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018