Off the grid

donald-glover-good.gif

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

If Wilson wants to stick it to the Broncos, he'd sign a contract that pays him league minimum, at least for the 2024 season. Denver gets a credit for every dollar he makes this season. That said, considering Wilson's play of late, he should probably take the best offer he can get, because he might not get another contract

jackrabbit

Dec 2, 2006
Vikings to give another shot to a QB who is past their "prime" and nearing the end of the career? Outside of Jim McMahon, Warren Moon. Randall Cunningham, Jeff George, Gus Frerotte, Brett Favre, and Donovan McNabb, this is uncharted territory for the Vikings
I would sign a veteran to a one or two year deal. Then I would draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd round and left the rookie practice and study under the veteran. Remember Mahomes sat one year before starting. Another thing to keep in mind is that half of all the 1st round QB's fail.

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
I would sign a veteran to a one or two year deal. Then I would draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd round and left the rookie practice and study under the veteran. Remember Mahomes sat one year before starting. Another thing to keep in mind is that half of all the 1st round QB's fail.
That makes sense depending on the veteran. Wilson is not the person I would trust with mentoring a rookie.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
If we move on from Kirk I wouldn’t mind going with Fields if it’s a reasonable deal. Wouldn’t have to draft a QB this year necessarily. Not sure the Bears would deal him within the division unless Kwesi becomes their GM though.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
If we move on from Kirk I wouldn’t mind going with Fields if it’s a reasonable deal. Wouldn’t have to draft a QB this year necessarily. Not sure the Bears would deal him within the division unless Kwesi becomes their GM though.
Kwesi is more likely to sign Mullens to a 5 year $150 million extension. Then trade JJ to GB for a 5th rounder and a 7th rounder.

• Haha
Reactions: Kurttr and Acylum

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Fields would be disappointing to me. Dink and dunk offense and he's a 60% completion guy. I don't buy the narrative that he's actually a talented QB held back by coaching. I thin he's a guy that has good physical tools that's shown now that can't process, make decisions quickly enough or throw with enough accuracy to be a good NFL QB.

His cap hit is good for 2024, but that's it. $26M option in 2025 adn UDFA in 2026.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Fields would be disappointing to me. Dink and dunk offense and he's a 60% completion guy. I don't buy the narrative that he's actually a talented QB held back by coaching. I thin he's a guy that has good physical tools that's shown now that can't process, make decisions quickly enough or throw with enough accuracy to be a good NFL QB.

His cap hit is good for 2024, but that's it. $26M option in 2025 adn UDFA in 2026.
I tend to agree. I'd rather they didn't bring in Fields. With that said, $26 million is going to be an average to below average QB in 2025.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I tend to agree. I'd rather they didn't bring in Fields. With that said, $26 million is going to be an average to below average QB in 2025.
I could be coaxed out of retirement for a year.

Full disclosure, I retired before ever taking a snap in organized football at any level. I'm pretty sure I could beat Vince Young's Wunderlich score though.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Average to below avg. salary for one year with the next year being a UDFA.

I just don't see a contractual upside beyond 2024. If he's great you could see 2025 being a decent deal, but then you're looking at a long-term big money deal.

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
I’m most interested in seeing what the Vikes think about Penix or McCarthy. Is either their guy in round one? And, if they do take one of them, what does it mean for Cousins.
Post combine, I still think the Vikes should consider one of these two if they are there at #11.
As far as Cousins goes, the Vikings have too many holes to pay him the big guaranteed bucks he is demanding. I’d say he’ll end up in Atlanta at this point.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyhig

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron