***2024 Minnesota Vikings***

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Penix has won everywhere he went. Penix won at Indiana. Penix had no problems at Washington. His arm strength is elite and he stretches all areas of the field. With those weapons and that arm strength they shouldn’t be able to stack the box against Aaron Jones. Penix has emerged as a leader at both Indiana and Washington. And his knowledge of the game and obsession to get better are well known. And the guy has athleticism and speed to escape.
I think I need to watch more tape on Penix to be convinced. I've seen his arm strength and I've seen him make some nicely timed throws on out-routes and fades. However, the few times I watched him, I thought his progression reads were slow, and it seemed like he had a tendency to force throws into coverage when other options were there.

If we end up with him, I hope that some of his flaws can get coached out of him. The talent is certainly there.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Never happened so I'd doubt it. They could take the ATL pick but wouldn't give it to MN.

They swapped picks in a similar situation last year, but it was later rounds. The swap did not happen until the day of the draft.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Bottom line. Is JJ McCarthy worth 2 additional first rounders over Penix or Nix?

You get 3 first rounders with the latter versus 1.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I won't have a huge problem with Penix but that fault, and hearing it as frequently as I do, makes me nervous.

I won't be disappointed if they get Penix. His arm is terrific. I just wonder if Nix might be a better fit for this offense.
I don’t think you can worry about system fit for an NFL QB. You just take the guy you think has a better chance at being a legit franchise QB.

The odds say neither Nix or Penix are going to be franchise QBs, let alone both where you can worry about fitting into your current system in my opinion.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
Matthew Coller from purple insider was saying today that it's Maye at 3 if they can trade, otherwise anybodys guess. JJ doesn't seem to fit a team that wants to throw 30 times and win now. May also look to add day 2 picks.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
If Kwesi trades both of our 1st round picks AND next year's 1st rounder to move up, he should be fired on the spot. I have a very low opinion of him right now, and it could end up getting worse by the end of the weekend.
The Kwesi era has been poor to say the least. He needs to kill it this year.... to justify keeping him around for 1 more year. I think he's in over his head.

Reactions: Letterkenny

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
Is it just me... that thinks Caleb Williams really is not as good as advertised? I won't be surprised if he is a bust. I know I could be wrong, but I'm not feeling the love for Williams as a game changer.
It feels like he's been anointed as the next great QB in the NFL since his freshman year at OU. He's physically gifted, but wouldn't surprise me to see him follow the Zach Wilson path especially with the Bears coaching staff.