***2024 NCAA Allocations***

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Not saying he can't do it, but I don't see a win for Broderson with any of these guys unless he cataches someone and pins them. Hope I'm very wrong!
Feels like he’s going to have to either catch someone or keep it tight and hope he gets 1 TD late.

Not impossible, but feels highly unlikely.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
So they are going to keep the shirts on Keuter and Arnold. Probably smart, however I would have wrestled Keuter, because if football takes off for him he may not wrestle again.
Someone on Hawk Report said Keuter's name was used for Big 10 seeding. I think Hill earned an allocation, so if Keuter wrestles, Hill's allocation would go back into the at large pool

Reactions: crooksie_26

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Cole Matthews of Pitt did not earn an allocation for ACC at 141 because of how bad he was early in the season, but has been wrestling really well lately

• Wow
Reactions: matclone

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
So they are going to keep the shirts on Keuter and Arnold. Probably smart, however I would have wrestled Keuter, because if football takes off for him he may not wrestle again.
I think that is a terrible decision.

Obviously you never know with Kueter and football.

Arnold is clearly the best guy and has potential for low AA.

Kueter and Arnold would probably score somewhere between 6-12 points at NCAA. They’re going to get 0 out of those 2 weights. With the margin for a trophy being so small this year I don’t understand at all.

• Agree

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.

Kueter and Arnold would probably score somewhere between 6-12 points at NCAA. They’re going to get 0 out of those 2 weights. With the margin for a trophy being so small this year I don’t understand at all.
I still feel like they might wrestle Kueter at heavy.

I’m with you though. They should send them.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa

I think you definitely wrestle Kueter.

Reactions: StormWarning11

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I see Mizz used Colton Hawks as their 184 pounder instead of Whiting. Hawks was in coaches poll, but no RPI or win %age, so didn't earn an allocation

Other bigger names that didn't earn allocations for Big 12 conference
141 - Edmonds of Mizz
149 -Gioffe of Mizz
197 - Surber of Ok State
285 - Gordon of UNI,

Last edited:
  • Wow

crooksie_26

Mar 24, 2006

Well, maybe terrible for this year. However, imo if both of these guys wrestle their full careers you are probably looking at a potential 2-3x champ out of both of them and probably sure fire 4x AA's if they take a redshirt. If they wrestle this year there is a decent shot that they don't AA at all, the points the score the other 4 years will be higher than this year i would bet.

• Agree
Reactions: CyGold

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Well, maybe terrible for this year. However, imo if both of these guys wrestle their full careers you are probably looking at a potential 2-3x champ out of both of them and probably sure fire 4x AA's if they take a redshirt. If they wrestle this year there is a decent shot that they don't AA at all, the points the score the other 4 years will be higher than this year i would bet.
Agree. Kueter is such a wild card with football and injuries.

I am not sold on Arnold AA at 184. I could easily see him a Round 12/16 guy and if he does score many bonus points, that might only be 3-4 team points. He seemed to tire out late in one of the recent matches that I watched

crooksie_26

Mar 24, 2006

I am not sold on Arnold AA at 184. I could easily see him a Round 12/16 guy and if he does score many bonus points, that might only be 3-4 team points. He seemed to tire out late in one of the recent matches that I watched
I mean i'm all for them wrestling them, it means 1 less year that we'll face them.

Reactions: CyGold and buf87

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I see Mizz used Colton Hawks as their 184 pounder instead of Whiting. Hawks was in coaches poll, but no RPI or win %age, so didn't earn an allocation

Other bigger names that didn't earn allocations for Big 12 conference
141 - Edmonds of Mizz
149 -Gioffe of Mizz
197 - Surber of Ok State
285 - Gordon of UNI,
Seems like 5 guys that will end up taking spots.

Surely Mizzou will send Whiting?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Someone on Hawk Report said Keuter's name was used for Big 10 seeding. I think Hill earned an allocation, so if Keuter wrestles, Hill's allocation would go back into the at large pool
Some Hawkeye fans think Keuter could handle Yonger without any doubt. They had no response when I asked them why they would sit a top 3 guy?

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Seems like 5 guys that will end up taking spots.

Surely Mizzou will send Whiting?
I thought Smith said Whiting was going to wrestle against us, but they put Hawks in. Neither earned an allocation, so I guess they can do whatever. Not sure if Whiting is dealing with an injury or just "sick"

CloneFanInKC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021

I don’t follow Iowa wrestling but I thought Arnold was a 74 pounder and move up to wrestle Will for the ISU duel?

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
I think it is a gigantic “If” to think you’ll still have these guys in 5 years.

Transfers, football, injuries, gambling (and other legal issues). I think you have to play the cards when you have them if they’re very clearly the best cards. 5 team points probably is the difference between 2nd and 6th this year.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I don’t follow Iowa wrestling but I thought Arnold was a 74 pounder and move up to wrestle Will for the ISU duel?
He is, but Kennedy has came on strong since struggling with gas tank early on and is at 174, so Arnold moved up because that is a weak weight for Iowa

cywr89

May 14, 2009
I think it is a gigantic “If” to think you’ll still have these guys in 5 years.

Transfers, football, injuries, gambling (and other legal issues). I think you have to play the cards when you have them if they’re very clearly the best cards. 5 team points probably is the difference between 2nd and 6th this year.
I really don’t think Iowa cares about placing 2nd. Like in the 80s we placed 2nd most years. It was win or wait another year. They are smart enough to know they are not catching PSU this year so why use 2 guys that more than likely will not AA.

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
I really don’t think Iowa cares about placing 2nd. Like in the 80s we placed 2nd most years. It was win or wait another year. They are smart enough to know they are not catching PSU this year so why use 2 guys that more than likely will not AA.
Do they see a path to being #1 in the next few years?

cywr89

May 14, 2009
Why wouldn’t they…with the NIL $ they have in place. I dislike them as much as anyone but I wouldn’t ever count them out the way transferring and NIL is going?