2024 NCAA Tournament Thread

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Think the "names" in WBB help that out for watching teams that aren't your own. MBB lacks the star power big names, they all go NBA before they become the names like we had decades ago. No MBB players outside of ISU I'll tune in just to see. Just today we get JuJu, Clark, Bueckers and Reese, one each for the four games.

Shead may have been the closest for me this year, he was fun to watch. And now he's out.

I have very little interest in the elite 8 and beyond now

• Agree
Reactions: WartburgClone

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
Jesse's on the Texas/Gonzaga game, with Brian Garland.

It's really incredible how many Big 12 regulars get assigned late-round tournament games. They're supposed to be the best of the best?!? yikes.
Serious question - how do you know so much about the officiating crews? Are you also an official so you come by it naturally? Are you engaged in gambling such that it’s part of your research? Something else? I guess I know the players but pay no attention to the officiating crews…

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
W/ 6 min to go, it appears Texas will leave Gonzaga in the dust. Ah, if only ,,,
My oldest son is a NBA and college men’s fan, but as an ISU alum he’s slowly coming around to the ISU women. He was a huge Melvin fan and was texting me last night, wondering if ISU might be able to acquire Yvonne Ejim for our now vacant Power Forward slot. I don’t know if she’s out of eligibility, but that pipe dream would be pretty awesome.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Serious question - how do you know so much about the officiating crews? Are you also an official so you come by it naturally? Are you engaged in gambling such that it’s part of your research? Something else? I guess I know the players but pay no attention to the officiating crews…

Sadly when they are so bad and you see them so often it's easy to become familiar with them.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006

Almost 30 years of going to WBB games and seeing the same officials year after year.

The names are also listed in the boxscores, so it's not some big secret.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Hearing about bad calls in LSU/UCLA and looking at the officials, I'm not surprised. Tiffany Bird was overmatched doing Big 12 games a few years ago, and now she's the lead in a Sweet 16 game? Oof.

swclone11

Feb 17, 2024
Hearing about bad calls in LSU/UCLA and looking at the officials, I'm not surprised. Tiffany Bird was overmatched doing Big 12 games a few years ago, and now she's the lead in a Sweet 16 game? Oof.
Cori Close is one of the most patient coaches in the game. She's nearly picked up a technical foul twice. That just shows how bad it is.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
Almost 30 years of going to WBB games and seeing the same officials year after year.

The names are also listed in the boxscores, so it's not some big secret.
28 years as a seson ticket holder, and for 28 years I've seen the people below far more than others.

Dee Kantner
Brian Enterline
Cameron Inouye
Jesse Dickerson
Lisa Mattingly (she finally retired)
Melissa Barlow
Felicia Grinter
Brenda Pantoja
Lisa Jones
Maj Forsberg
Gina Gross
Michol Murray
Bill Larance
Brian Hall
Metta Roberts
Scott Yarbrough
June Couteau (retired)

Reactions: CyNews

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
The fact UCLA refuses to get the ball inside to Betts in the final three minutes here is insane. Get your other player out of the lane and feed the post. Reece has four fouls.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
UCLA coach should be blasted for these decisions unless the players are just ignoring her. They refuse to get the ball into Betts inside while LSU is doing that on the other end because they realize Betts has four fouls just like three of LSU’s players.