2024 NCAA Tournament Thread

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Every time CC drives to the basket, loudspeaker should play The Chicken Dance. I thought they broke her arm a couple times, reminded me of Rodney Dangerfield in Caddyshack.

Reactions: rosshm16

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Yeah I only watch them vs ISU and these last two tournament games but she seems like their second best player to me or at least second most upside.

She stepped up big after Molly Davis was hurt. Somebody needed to.

Just got back from bird photography walkabout and doesn't look like I missed much. Just caught the last 5 minutes and the 1st quarter. Too nice out (dat sunshine!) to sit inside and watch the whole game.

cincy_cy2014

Jan 19, 2023
What the hell was Bluder’s logic in subbing at end of the game?

Clark pulled at like 4:30 up 20+.
Goes back in and Marshall/Martin goes back out.
Marshall comes back in with like 1:20 left.

They have a full bench and none of those 3 players should have seen the court after final media timeout.

CMON LSU.

Reactions: rosshm16

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Next feature, the JuJu Watkins show!

She's due for a yuge game since almost every time I've watched her (the few times she was on a national TV) she had bad shooting nights.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
She stepped up big after Molly Davis was hurt. Somebody needed to.

Just got back from bird photography walkabout and doesn't look like I missed much. Just caught the last 5 minutes and the 1st quarter. Too nice out (dat sunshine!) to sit inside and watch the whole game.

I listen to more games hiking w varsity app than I watch on tv. If it’s a good game I’ll go a route I know I get data reception.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
For all of the JuJu Watkins talk, I think Madison Booker's jumper is prettier. Not like Watkin's shot isn't effective, just not as aesthetic. Also, if Booker's role was just to score she could score as much as Watkins. Will be interesting to see Bookers scoring next year with Harmon back at PG.

Reactions: cmhawks99

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Well, I certainly hope Mulkey is concentrating on concocting a game plan against Iowa for Monday. Her girls will have to execute it to perfection because the hoks likely will be out for revenge. I am in no way a fan of Mulkey or her teams, but if they can beat Iowa, GEAUX TIGERS.
LSU has more all-around talent and I would expect them to win. Do they have an elite defender, though? Is that Van Lith?

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
LSU has more all-around talent and I would expect them to win. Do they have an elite defender, though? Is that Van Lith?
Not sure they necessarily need an "elite" defender so much as token defense on CC while not letting anyone else go off. If LSU is making their shots and playing respectable D all-around, they'll have a shot to end our national nightmare (and make ESPN execs cry hard).

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Not sure they necessarily need an "elite" defender so much as token defense on CC while not letting anyone else go off. If LSU is making their shots and playing respectable D all-around, they'll have a shot to end our national nightmare (and make ESPN execs cry hard).
LSU has the far superior roster and is much deeper than Iowa. I would think they should be able to shut down all non-Clark players, especially the Iowa posts. However, the presence of CC seems to make coaches do dumb things (see tonight’s game).

Reactions: acoustimac

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
28 years as a seson ticket holder, and for 28 years I've seen the people below far more than others.

Dee Kantner
Brian Enterline
Cameron Inouye
Jesse Dickerson
Lisa Mattingly (she finally retired)
Melissa Barlow
Felicia Grinter
Brenda Pantoja
Lisa Jones
Maj Forsberg
Gina Gross
Michol Murray
Bill Larance
Brian Hall
Metta Roberts
Scott Yarbrough
June Couteau (retired)
I can't remember her name but the 40ish white woman with the black hair always worn in a ponytail moved up to reffing the men's games. She was in Hilton multiple times this yr

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Well, I certainly hope Mulkey is concentrating on concocting a game plan against Iowa for Monday. Her girls will have to execute it to perfection because the hoks likely will be out for revenge. I am in no way a fan of Mulkey or her teams, but if they can beat Iowa, GEAUX TIGERS.

Too bad for Iowa they didn't know before the title game last year that her kryptonite is softball questions from non-sports media. They probably could have won a natty.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Duke treating the ball like it's a greased pig. 29 points and 20 turnovers in 31 minutes.

cmhawks99

Nov 15, 2008
Bourbonnais, Il
LSU has the far superior roster and is much deeper than Iowa. I would think they should be able to shut down all non-Clark players, especially the Iowa posts. However, the presence of CC seems to make coaches do dumb things (see tonight’s game).

They aren’t deep at all, They typically only play 7 girls. They are an average shooting team, decent at defense and physical but foul trouble has played them all year.

They are relentless on the offensive glass. If it’s a super physical game where they call a lot of fouls that will hurt LSU just as much as it does. Iowa, probably a little bit more….

Reactions: throwittoblythe