2024 NCAA Tournament Thread

• We Will Collective May Donor Drive - Last Day, Help Needed!

We're in the final hours of a critical push to signup donors for the May Donor Drive. Let your Cyclone friends know!

Please consider giving at We Will Collective.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
The more nba-like format of wbb is so superior for late game drama.

No clue why mbb hasn't already copied it. Quarters, 5 foul limit, no one and one, advancing ball with a timeout. If people compare this to the NBA...maybe it's because the superior rules are MORE LIKE THE NBA than the mbb game rather than that they're comparing players.

They don't need to go all the way up to a 48 minute game and 24 second shot clock, but they should copy this format for mbb.

cyphoon

Sep 8, 2011
I don't watch much women's basketball, but I must say, the officiating is making me want to spend my time on other endeavors. One team gets to push of repeatedly to create space, and then with 4 seconds on the clock, they call a weak screen foul on the other team.

H

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
It'll be interesting to see how Geno handles this. UCONN doesn't get big timed with the refs like they did tonight.

F5cy

May 1, 2011
Washington, D.C.
I'll give Geno credit. He didn't act like a maniac on the sideline like I think he had every right to. Meanwhile, bluder down there going nuts the whole game sure worked out ok for her.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Calling that offensive foul should end that refs career.

Talk about a screw job.

Gotta keep their meal ticket playing any way they can. So sickening.

Cant wait for this crap to be over.

• Agree
Reactions: casey1973

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
@HFCS Garbage like giving star treatment to get ratings is what will hurt the game. Not UConn’s dominance. That was a joke.

40-0 in 1st/2nd round is not healthy. Maybe it's more on a stupid tournament/playoff format than Uconn being good, but also some of it is just spreading out the talent more. Clark wanted to be a Husky right?

I commented live that the call on the illegal screen was brutal.

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
I feel like I'm the only non-Iowa fan who agreed with that foul call. She stuck her leg way out there.
Gotta let the players decide the game at the end. No reason to call that foul. With 3.9 left, it wasn’t looking like UCONN was gonna get anything up anyways. Let them play it out.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
that offensive foul was worse than the blarge. if uconn hadnt already won a billion nattys i would feel sorry for them.