***2024 NCAA Wrestling - Session 3 (Fri., 11:00)***

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
He just gave up a stalling point...he couldn't stay away...had to try and tie up
He backed up so much in that match. His body language was terrible. I agree that he couldn't back up any more but he didn't need to charge into that leg attack either. Just try to stay in the middle a little more. I can't square it with how he's looked all year, unless nerves drained his tank or he's sick or hurt.

Proton

SuperFanatic
Aug 19, 2019
If Ech and Carr both go all the way, we got a shot. I know this isn’t likely, but it’s possible.

• Agree
Reactions: crablegs

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
He backed up so much in that match. His body language was terrible. I agree that he couldn't back up any more but he didn't need to charge into that leg attack either. Just try to stay in the middle a little more. I can't square it with how he's looked all year, unless nerves drained his tank or he's sick or hurt.
Yep. He didn’t need to turn tail and run but rushing in to engage with that sloppy approach was unnecessary.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
Will need some big time bonus points from the backside going forward. Going to need both Gaitan and Felkamp to go 2/2 this next round

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Disappointed for sure but let’s see what Yonger is made of now. Taking your first L but can really do work on the backside with bonus to help the team. Will be interesting.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
To be honest... I dont hate our set up to still run up some points. Things aren't as promising as they were, but MJ/Will winning yet again this session could give us some fire still.

Frost - probably Latona R12 and then Teske/Shawver, with the way he wrestled Fix, I like his chances
Casey - looks like D'Emilio R12 and then probably Watters. That's doable.
MJ - Kemp is tough but winnable, Ruth would be tough R12 matchup
Will - Fishback is another tough but winnable match, then Truax I honestly dont hate the matchup and who knows how checked in Truax will be getting knocked to the backside
Yonger - if he can get his head right, obviously can/should run to 3rd