***2024 NCAA Wrestling - Session 4 (Fri., 7:00)***

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I love how David turned the tables. He didn't even let the stall calls phase him. If all you want to do is counter I'm not giving you anything to counter then when KOT was forced to open up it was a done deal.

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
On the broadcast: I've watched the entire tournament on ESPN+ with no commentary other than the voice of the big announcer. It's worked out fine.

ESPN announcers interjecting themselves and side issues over the wrestlers and action is an old problem for that network.

Reactions: CyNews

bustamoveisu

Sep 8, 2012
The 50 sec of energy KOT had to exert, & DC fighting off KOT's 3rd period TD led to KOT being gassed at the end. So I guess I'm saying KOT's TD won DC the match, and the fact DC is tuf as he!!:cool:

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Super excited to Carr/Mesenbrink.

Basically nobody has talked about this match as it was “never going to happen”.

Mesenbrink is relentless and will not gas out, but I think David can ride him like crazy. Guess we’ll see how it goes.

4theheckofit

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2013
I know it was brought up earlier about DC needing to adjust to a head inside single in order to finish a td against KO. Anyone notice what the winning take down was?

4theheckofit

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2013
Super excited to Carr/Mesenbrink.

Basically nobody has talked about this match as it was “never going to happen”.

Mesenbrink is relentless and will not gas out, but I think David can ride him like crazy. Guess we’ll see how it goes.
Hamiti and Caliendo seemed to take Mess down many more times than expected and our guy is twice the top wrestler and way better defense than those two. He's also a smart wrestler. Mess far and away biggest strength is his gas tank. As Dresser said "I like our guy"

Mead For My Horses

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2020
On the broadcast: I've watched the entire tournament on ESPN+ with no commentary other than the voice of the big announcer. It's worked out fine.

ESPN announcers interjecting themselves and side issues over the wrestlers and action is an old problem for that network.
Agree. I watched on the Matcast feed on my laptop, then watched the ISU matches on the individual mat feeds on my TV. Sparks was fine and the arena PA announcer was good. Biggest drawback was the time it took to switch from mat to mat because of ESPN+'s wonky user interface.

iastatefan1

Jan 24, 2016
Agree. I watched on the Matcast feed on my laptop, then watched the ISU matches on the individual mat feeds on my TV. Sparks was fine and the arena PA announcer was good. Biggest drawback was the time it took to switch from mat to mat because of ESPN+'s wonky user interface.
I stuck with matcast and can see well enough, only drawback is rt clock. Sparks and Robles are decent, sonnen in small doses I also enjoy. Problem is sometimes they cut to show the announcers when there is wrestling going on. WTF we don't need to see the announcers to hear them talk just show wrestling.

Reactions: alabamacyclone

MnBrPg

Dec 15, 2015
Kansas City
I agree that it was mostly Cormier who led those side conversations and it did not mesh well. I will avoid listening to them tomorrow sadly. Shane Sparks continues to be the GOAT. Also I agree that the Cyclone Broadcast is unmatched. I had people keeping me up-to-date with Nate Carr's commentary during Big 12's and I wish I had put an airpod in my ear while working haha
I made a "that's what she said" joke in a reply to one of Shane's tweets. He followed me and DM'd me asking if I was 8 years old. It was pretty awesome. His entire world is wrestling, he probably didn't even get the joke.

Reactions: JohnPrineforCy