***2024 NCAA Wrestling - Session 6/FINALS (Sat., 6:00)***

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
That was the worst officiated match I have ever seen. The ref called stalling four times (including the warning) and there was not a one of those that were legitimate calls. Carr was the aggressor the whole match. 2 takedowns and 2 escapes to Messi's one takedown and one escape. If anyone deserved to be called for stalling it was Messi.
This notion that being the one pushing forward while tied up is being on the offense is flat dumb. Pushing forward without shooting is just pushing forward. David was shooting and initiating offense at a regular basis.

TheCampanile

Jan 23, 2010
What kills me is the first stall warning. David's headgear forehead strap had fallen, covering his eyes and he took a step back to pull it up so he could see. Messinbrink sees this and shoves David's hand/forehead as he is adjusting it back to normal. He then just moves forward and just pushes David backwards to the boundary without really trying to do much. That was the first stall warning and it is dumb as **** as it was caused by an equipment malfunction - Messinbrink didn't go for a takedown, he was just being a dirty little ***** (he took an extra second or two after the whistle to come back to the middle of the mat there, too). These guys know the rules - he was just being a ********.

The second call (1 point) on Carr was literally after he moved into a single-leg for his second takedown. This was right after Messinbrink waved to the ref for a timeout (who gave him a weird, unpenalized asked-for timeout?). That was ******* weird. Messinbrink just ******* walked out of bounds several times for a reset without warning. He then was shifting position during the reset and got caught but maybe not officially warned? Then when he got out in the last seconds of the second he was blatantly finger-waving/taunting David while time was running out and nothing was said.

Then, the ref ******* calls stalling again while David is actively trying to pull the dude back to the ground. It was unreal. The PSU guy sure seems like an ******* who would gladly play dirty if it gets him the win. Isn't there a penalty for taunting, if nothing else?
Thanks for breaking this down. The whole thing is an embarrassment and I hope that at least a lot of eyes see how bad it was.

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
Thanks for breaking this down. The whole thing is an embarrassment and I hope that at least a lot of eyes see how bad it was.
My neighbor , Hawk inner circle member , told me the stalling calls were BS . Also thought Messenbrink was grabbing David’s headgear straps making him have to adjust them.
What kills me is the first stall warning. David's headgear forehead strap had fallen, covering his eyes and he took a step back to pull it up so he could see. Messinbrink sees this and shoves David's hand/forehead as he is adjusting it back to normal. He then just moves forward and just pushes David backwards to the boundary without really trying to do much. That was the first stall warning and it is dumb as **** as it was caused by an equipment malfunction - Messinbrink didn't go for a takedown, he was just being a dirty little ***** (he took an extra second or two after the whistle to come back to the middle of the mat there, too). These guys know the rules - he was just being a ********.

The second call (1 point) on Carr was literally after he moved into a single-leg for his second takedown. This was right after Messinbrink waved to the ref for a timeout (who gave him a weird, unpenalized asked-for timeout?). That was ******* weird. Messinbrink just ******* walked out of bounds several times for a reset without warning. He then was shifting position during the reset and got caught but maybe not officially warned? Then when he got out in the last seconds of the second he was blatantly finger-waving/taunting David while time was running out and nothing was said.

Then, the ref ******* calls stalling again while David is actively trying to pull the dude back to the ground. It was unreal. The PSU guy sure seems like an ******* who would gladly play dirty if it gets him the win. Isn't there a penalty for taunting, if nothing elsWhat kills me is the first stall warning. David's headgear forehead strap had fallen, covering his eyes and he took a step back to pull it up so he could see. Messinbrink sees this and shoves David's hand/forehead as he is adjusting it back to normal. He then just moves forward and just pushes David backwards to the boundary without really trying to do much. That was the first stall warning and it is dumb as **** as it was caused by an equipment malfunction - Messinbrink didn't go for a takedown, he was just being a dirty little ***** (he took an extra second or two after the whistle to come back to the middle of the mat there, too). These guys know the rules - he was just being a ********.

Then, the ref ******* calls stalling again while David is actively trying to pull the dude back to the ground. It was unreal. The PSU guy sure seems like an ******* who would gladly play dirty if it gets him the win. Isn't there a penalty for taunting, if nothing else?

TheCampanile

Jan 23, 2010
My neighbor , Hawk inner circle member , told me the stalling calls were BS . Also thought Messenbrink was grabbing David’s headgear straps making him have to adjust them.
Maybe this will unify the wrestling world against PSU.

4theheckofit

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2013
While we all appreciate Cael’s accomplishments while wrestling for ISU. He did basically use Andrew Long as a mercenary to win a title and cast him aside when he got it. Cael is not white as the driven snow.
Carr having $300k waved in his face w/o ever being in the transfer portal. Cael randomly walking down the street in Pittsburgh and "running into" Spencer Lee's dad....to name a few...