***2024 NFL Draft***

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
Interesting spot for the Bears to be in. I personally think Fields is good enough but am also a huge Caleb Williams fan. Smartest thing is probably to see what you can get for Fields and get Williams on the rookie deal. It would be very funny to see Fields thrive in a better situation and I really hope it happens cause I hate the Bears
Why?? Because, they still suck and always will suck.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I think the Bears would be stupid to not trade back. The amount of picks they could get would be insane.

I’m also not even remotely sold on Williams. I think he will be a major bust.

Fields might not be the man, but he has no line and no real weapons besides Moore. Get him a bunch of help.

Williams upside is definitely there. I can understand not wanting to be the GM that goes down in infamy as passing on Caleb Williams. I also think you are discounting the contract situation. Fields is a free agent in a year. Last year, Bryce Young got 4 years 38 million on his rookie deal. You've reset the clock by 4 years on needing to find a free agent QB and are paying considerably less than what Fields will probably get as a FA.

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
I think the Bears would be stupid to not trade back. The amount of picks they could get would be insane.

I’m also not even remotely sold on Williams. I think he will be a major bust.

Fields might not be the man, but he has no line and no real weapons besides Moore. Get him a bunch of help.
That's the thing, Fields hasn't been surrounded with that much to ascend, but then you're going to go after a supposedly generational QB that hasn't played a down in the NFL?? How's that last supposed "generational talent" working out right now in Trevor Lawrence? Yeah, he's made the Jags somewhat competitive and a little better with the new coach, but he isn't that great, not as great as they said he would be.

Stats and analytics say your odds of having a better QB in the draft at spot 1 versus outside top 15 is quite different, I saw some numbers on that, but can't say who posted it on X and not sure if I've saved it either.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I love the draft. Follow it pretty closely every year. I was able to attend last year down in KC and it was quite enjoyable. I hope I can get up to GB next year when they host it.

Hoping GB selects some secondary, OL, and a gadget style RB to supplant AJones soon. Could probably use a LB too.

I think we go linebacker in the 3rd round or later. I would like to get an offensive lineman and either trade or cut Bakhtiari to get that cap room. Maybe a defensive back in the first would be a good pick.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
I think fans & media are higher on Fields than most teams in the League are. They don't think he processes fast enough and he has a long throwing motion. Yes he hasn't been in the best situation but if a QB is going into his 4th season and you STILL don't know if he is indeed the guy then I think it is probably smart to move on if you feel good about the QB you could draft.

Hell, Packers fans the last game of the season were yelling at the game for the Bears to "Keep Fields".

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
I think we go linebacker in the 3rd round or later. I would like to get an offensive lineman and either trade or cut Bakhtiari to get that cap room. Maybe a defensive back in the first would be a good pick.
I agree. I'd be ok with Tampa ;) haha. But if Bahk could stay healthy, but the cost is high for production, kind of the same with Gary. Secondary with the first pick, OL with the 2nd/3rd and they could find a good RB in that 3-5th round. I saw a mock from tankathon that I liked quite a bit. OL 1st pick, then secondary next two...then Bucky Irving, then Pearsall.

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
I think fans & media are higher on Fields than most teams in the League are. They don't think he processes fast enough and he has a long throwing motion. Yes he hasn't been in the best situation but if a QB is going into his 4th season and you STILL don't know if he is indeed the guy then I think it is probably smart to move on if you feel good about the QB you could draft.

Hell, Packers fans the last game of the season were yelling at the game for the Bears to "Keep Fields".
Oh that was packer fans yelling that?!? LOL. Yeah, I'd be guilty of that too.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Why?? Because, they still suck and always will suck.
I grew up a Vikings fan and absolutely hated the Bears and Packers. I've pretty much fully converted to a 49ers/Jets fan since my ISU fandom goes way deeper than my Vikings fandom ever did. I still have a little bit of a soft spot for the Vikings which in turn still leads me to hate the Bears and Packers

Reactions: somecyguy

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Oh that was packer fans yelling that?!? LOL. Yeah, I'd be guilty of that too.
Yep, if you hooked up Packers, Vikings & Lions fans to a lie detector and asked them if they would rather the Bears keep Fields or pick a QB at #1? I bet a vast majority would say they want the Bears to keep Fields.

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
I grew up a Vikings fan and absolutely hated the Bears and Packers. I've pretty much fully converted to a 49ers/Jets fan since my ISU fandom goes way deeper than my Vikings fandom ever did. I still have a little bit of a soft spot for the Vikings which in turn still leads me to hate the Bears and Packers
Sorry, you can't enter the chat Vikings fan. Our most hated rival are the bears. Vikings think there is a rivalry with the packers, maybe a little, but it's not the same. I don't even take the vikings fans seriously half the time of "it's our year we're going to win the north." I don't like the Bears, I don't really care about the Vikings. But the fans try to be pestering and annoying and it's not as a big deal to me haha.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
Would you take a chance on Wilson if the Broncos cut him? Trade the 1OA for draft capital with NE or WAS Fields for picks, and draft one of Penix, Nix, or Rattler. Focus the rest of the draft in the trenches and offensive weapons.
I’d take Wilson. My gut tells me baker would be cheaper but either in my books would be a stopgap. Load up on picks by trading the 1st pick and moving down AND trade fields. Just in those two moves you’re likely atleast getting a top 10 pick if you can find a suitor who wants the first overall pick and two 2nd round picks. If not more. I think if you could get Harrison JR with the top 10 pick you do it and putting him across from DJ Moore. You have two good WRs then. Then you grab o line help. Give them a year, develop a qb you draft in a later round and in two years you prosper

• Disagree
Reactions: demoncore1031

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny

He’s not that accurate either.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
If I’m the bears, I’m trading down and grabbing picks. They need lineman so I’d grab a tackle with my first and center with a second. . Roll with fields for a year and see what happens while you get a line for your next QB.
My buddy Doug is a big Bears fan. Every time I see them skip drafting OL, I feel for him.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
They have to move on from Fields, right? He's an UDFA in 2026. So instead of paying him then you reset yourself back to the rookie scale with Williams. Plus Fields surely has some value on the market so you can get a few picks, or maybe a decent offensive weapon for him.

Trade Fields. He can't see the field. Try to get a 1st rounder for him. 2nd round pick at a minimum. Draft Williams and a left tackle or stud receiver with the 9th pick. Go after the best linemen in FA as well.

• Agree
Reactions: BigJCy

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Sorry, you can't enter the chat Vikings fan. Our most hated rival are the bears. Vikings think there is a rivalry with the packers, maybe a little, but it's not the same. I don't even take the vikings fans seriously half the time of "it's our year we're going to win the north." I don't like the Bears, I don't really care about the Vikings. But the fans try to be pestering and annoying and it's not as a big deal to me haha.

The Vikings suck. That's all I got.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Trade Fields. He can't see the field. Try to get a 1st rounder for him. 2nd round pick at a minimum. Draft Williams and a left tackle or stud receiver with the 9th pick. Go after the best linemen in FA as well.
I understand the desire to ALWAYS draft QB's high. But it seems the Bears need to take the approach of building up their roster instead of the NFL status quo approach of chasing the next great QB. That approach works about 50% of the time, but the Bears track record with Fields, Trubisky, etc. is not good.

Feel like the Bears need to trade out of #1 and get 3-4 draft picks. If they aren't sold on Fields, then try to get a package of picks (Rd2 in 2024/Rd3 in 2025) based on his 2024 performance with a new team.

Go out and sign a QB retread for 1-2 years, a guy like Tannehill, Minschew, Wentz, etc. Then build up the roster with draft picks. Because I can just about guarantee if the Bears are right on 100% their 2024 draft picks, their ceiling is a .500 team. So they should get a shot at a solid college QB in 2025. He might not be generational (like Williams is projected), but it seems like young QB's have a better chance of success when they play with a solid roster around them.