***2024 NFL Draft***

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
So funny how these clubs never, ever, ever f*cking learn. "Hey, every QB we've taken early for the last 20 years has busted out early, but let's take another one because THIS time it's real!"

Such dumbasses, lol.

• Agree
Reactions: clonedude

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
So funny how these clubs never, ever, ever f*cking learn. "Hey, every QB we've taken early for the last 20 years has busted out early, but let's take another one because THIS time it's real!"

Such dumbasses, lol.
All it takes is one hit, and it's worth it. That's why they keep doing it.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
All it takes is one hit, and it's worth it. That's why they keep doing it.
I get it, it's still just flat stupid. The odds are just so stacked against it hitting. Trade down, build the rest of your team, and go all-in on proven QBs in free agency. Just makes way more sense.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

Such dumbasses, lol.

Yeah, I'm not exactly sweating Caleb Williams going to the Bears.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I get it, it's still just flat stupid. The odds are just so stacked against it hitting. Trade down, build the rest of your team, and go all-in on proven QBs in free agency. Just makes way more sense.
Proven quarterbacks don't hit free agency all that often, unfortunately. You might see one every other year, depending on your definition of "proven"

Tom Brady and Drew Brees are success stories in free agency, but there are a lot of busts if you go that route, as well.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
McCarthy dropping to 11 to Vikings blows my mind.

Still a reach IMO…. but they probably have to take their chances on him if he falls that far.

Need to be careful that someone like the Broncos or Raiders don’t jump up and grab him first though.

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
Evidently the NE price tag was too high for Maye. I’m glad the Vikes didn’t mortgage the farm.
Made it past NY, and it looks like JJ. If KOC likes him, great.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Proven quarterbacks don't hit free agency all that often, unfortunately. You might see one every other year, depending on your definition of "proven"

Tom Brady and Drew Brees are success stories in free agency, but there are a lot of busts if you go that route, as well.
One or two come up every year or two. Just a matter of digging deep.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

Such dumbasses, lol.

I think the way rookie contracts work has completely screwed up player development, especially in the QB position. Most QBs, especially those drafted in the 1st round, are thrown to the wolves on day 1, and if they survive the wolves by the time their rookie contract ends they move onto the next 1st round QB. OTOH, look what the Packers have done for the last 30+ years - they drafted Rodgers while Favre still had life left in him and let him develop for several seasons, and then turned the reigns over to him... and then they did the same with Love. And - shocker - the Packers have had franchise-caliber QBs playing them for the last 30+ years. As much as I hate it, the Packers have consistently done it right. The rest of the league OTOH, doesn't want to invest in a QB unless they prove themselves on a rookie contract, which is why all these players bomb.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron