***2024 NFL Draft***

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
There's a nice little hissy fit being thrown over on Go Iowa Awesome right now. Nothing major. Just the typical complaints: NFL teams are stupid. NFL teams are racist, DeJean should have stayed.
Not bad if you need a schadenfreude fix.
I don't get the "he should have stayed."
It's not like he's going to fall until the 5th round. He's still going to get paid, and have a pretty secure roster spot.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I don't get the "he should have stayed."
It's not like he's going to fall until the 5th round. He's still going to get paid, and have a pretty secure roster spot.
Exactly. He'll still be a prized pick by some team. He did lose some money falling out of the first round, though. Probably a couple million.

Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
I know he signed a 4 year deal, but I think it's structured so that Atlanta can get out after 2 years. Either Cousins wins enough to keep Penix off the field, or he's back on the market after 2 years.
Kirk will throw for 5,000 yards and 40 TDS but lose first round of playoffs or finish 8-9 and not make it.

- signed Vikings fan

Reactions: Letterkenny

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Regarding topic of nfl draft I saw this today in a tiktok. Not sure if it's real or fake but it's hilarious either way.

Flynn4Heisman

Mar 24, 2006
As a Cardinals fan, I am so jacked right now after drafting MHJ.

Since the season ended, we had been linked to him the entire time, and now we got him.

There were several rumors of teams trading up to #3, or even AZ trading down from #4 due to Odunze and Nabers, but we didn't budge.

20 years after drafting Larry Legend (I actually put Larry above Rice as the Greatest WR Ever due to his blocking after Arians moved him to The Slot in 2013), we draft his heir apparent.

Though NO ONE can ever replace Larry Fitzgerald.

Reactions: Cy4Lifer

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
There's a nice little hissy fit being thrown over on Go Iowa Awesome right now. Nothing major. Just the typical complaints: NFL teams are stupid. NFL teams are racist, DeJean should have stayed.
Not bad if you need a schadenfreude fix.
Yep, the "if he wasn't white he would have been chosen by now" comments are quite on par for that fanbase.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Can’t believe a team let KC trade up to get Worthy.
Lets hope we can do the same thing in the 2nd round, trade one our two 4th round picks and get another starter, either a tackle or a corner. Chiefs do not have a 3rd round pick, so they would add depth in the other 4th round pick as well as mining for a late round nugget or two. 2nd, two 4ths, two 5ths and a 7th are what KC has to draft or trade with.

Reactions: Halincandenza

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Yep, the "if he wasn't white he would have been chosen by now" comments are quite on par for that fanbase.

They’re absolutely right though. If he wasn’t white, Kirk wouldn’t have wanted him and he would have gone to a program that played in a conference that could have showcased his skills. Instead, he went to Iowa and played in the Big10 West so no one believes he can cover legitimate WRs.

Reactions: exCYtable

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Maybe cousins isn’t as far along in the rehab. Maybe the plan is for penix to sit for a year or maybe two.

Valid question on the strategy of Atlanta.
Also to your point, imagine signing Cousins to that contract if rehab isn’t going well only to need to draft an injury prone quarterback as insurance….a lot of layers to this onion. Cousins agent was pissed too

• Agree
Reactions: CloneFanInKC

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
They’re absolutely right though. If he wasn’t white, Kirk wouldn’t have wanted him and he would have gone to a program that played in a conference that could have showcased his skills. Instead, he went to Iowa and played in the Big10 West so no one believes he can cover legitimate WRs.
DeJean is a typical EIU recruit, 3/4 star recruit that did not blow up in his recruiting process so the big name schools were not interested in him. His brother was already on the EIU team, so naturally he followed him to IC. The kid has skills, but will struggle to play corner in the NFL, a team needing a safety will get a very good player, reminds me of Hyde from Buffalo that came out of EIU, same skill set and DeJean is a little faster, but both have a nose for the ball.

• Winner
Reactions: CloneFanInKC

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
To Viking fans, any concerns that you just drafted a QB from a team that decided their best path to victory was to not throw a pass the entire second half against PSU? And you traded up to do so?

Reactions: cyzygy11

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron