***2024 NFL Season***

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
same. i think its gonna be a long decade in Denver. who thought it was a good idea to be giving away all your draft picks for a has been coach and has been QB, and signing the has been QB to a franchise crippling extension, and all this while a generational talent is still in his peak for rival KC. i mean... wtf did they think would happen. im a Purdy9ers fan until further notice.
So… the problem with the Broncos has been the leadership and the Peyton Manning signing. Obviously the Peyton Manning signing wasn’t a problem, it brought 5 years of great success and a Super Bowl.

But, because of that, leadership has believed for the last 7 years that they can avoid a rebuild if they just get a free agent QB. So they tried Semian, then Keenum, then Flacco, then Bridgewater, then Wilson. The reality is, the roster hasn’t been good enough. We don’t have a good QB, but we’re way more than a QB away from being a playoff contender. All leadership has done is postpone a rebuild in a futile attempt at replicating the Manning signing.

It also hasn’t helped that we didn’t have an owner for about 5 years because of family in-fighting and our drafts and development have been absolutely awful. Finally it seems the fans are demanding a rebuild now and it seems there’s steam behind tanking the rest of the season

Edit: I’m also the PurdyNiners bandwagon! Got a Purdy 49ers shirt that I wear on Sundays rather than Broncos gear

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
So… the problem with the Broncos has been the leadership and the Peyton Manning signing. Obviously the Peyton Manning signing wasn’t a problem, it brought 5 years of great success and a Super Bowl.

But, because of that, leadership has believed for the last 7 years that they can avoid a rebuild if they just get a free agent QB. So they tried Semian, then Keenum, then Flacco, then Bridgewater, then Wilson. The reality is, the roster hasn’t been good enough. We don’t have a good QB, but we’re way more than a QB away from being a playoff contender. All leadership has done is postpone a rebuild in a futile attempt at replicating the Manning signing.

It also hasn’t helped that we didn’t have an owner for about 5 years because of family in-fighting and our drafts and development have been absolutely awful. Finally it seems the fans are demanding a rebuild now and it seems there’s steam behind tanking the rest of the season

Edit: I’m also the PurdyNiners bandwagon! Got a Purdy 49ers shirt that I wear on Sundays rather than Broncos gear
I’ve been weirdly disappointed the last several years when they have won games. They needed to be tanking and stockpiling draft picks for a full rebuild. There’s nothing worse in the NFL than being nearly good enough to make the playoffs.

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006

I get it, but from a front office point of view, there aren't really any great options. Your high draft picks are already unavailable, no team is likely going to give up a decent back up, so you're left with retreads and recently retired guys.

I would try to get Cooper Rush and see if the Cowboys bite. Again, it won't be easy because they may not want to be forced into using Trey Lance if Dak gets injured.

Last edited:

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
what is Saleh supposed to do? its not like this is Nebraska and you can just put a Punt Returner in at QB. and there isnt really a plethora of other good options on the market.
Honestly I think the team is still just beyond frustrated losing Rodgers. They were prepared to make a legitimate Super Bowl run this season and now they’ve got off to a rough start with their backup QB.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
what is Saleh supposed to do? its not like this is Nebraska and you can just put a Punt Returner in at QB. and there isnt really a plethora of other good options on the market.
They should have kept Mike White but obviously with the draft capital they spent on Wilson he was going to be the backup unless they moved him. Or if they could have signed a backup like Jameis or Dalton that would have at least kept them competitive.

You could tell by watching Hard Knocks why his play on the field has been so bad. An immature kid with a strong arm and not much else isn't going to control a locker room like Rodgers.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I get it, but from a front office point of view, there aren't really any great options. Your high draft picks are already unavailable, no team is likely going to give up a decent back up, so you're left with retreads and recently retired guys.

I would try to get Cooper Rush and see if the Cowboys bite. Again, it won't be easy because they may not want to be forced into using Trey Lance if Dak gets injured.

I’d be on the phone to Denver to see if they would make a trade for Russel Wilson. Just to get out from that contract and let the rebuild start might be enticing enough to consider a trade.

Reactions: SolterraCyclone

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
You guys are clueless if you can't figure out it's getting worse every year. Maybe if you actually paid attention or played fantasy football you'd understand.
Yeah. It’s not like Rogers had a broken collar bone a few years back early in the season. Or Chubb’s injured leg about 8 years ago. Injuries are part of the game

Players are also bigger, faster, stronger than ever before. Ligaments can only handle so much force before they give. So one should expect the volume of ligament injuries would increase compared to even 10 years ago

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I’d be on the phone to Denver to see if they would make a trade for Russel Wilson. Just to get out from that contract and let the rebuild start might be enticing enough to consider a trade.
I don't know. Wilson's contract gets awfully albatross-y in the next couple years. Next year, it's a $35million cap hit and a year after that it goes up to almost $60 million. I can't imagine many teams are going to want a piece of that. Not to mention, I don't know if another go around of Hackett/Wilson a great idea in the best of circumstances.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I don't know. Wilson's contract gets awfully albatross-y in the next couple years. Next year, it's a $35million cap hit and a year after that it goes up to almost $60 million. I can't imagine many teams are going to want a piece of that. Not to mention, I don't know if another go around of Hackett/Wilson a great idea in the best of circumstances.

It’s absolutely a mortgage your future for a chance now. The Jets have the team to make that bet for the chance now. It’s either swing for fences on this one or just let the opportunity fade away with Zack as your QB. There aren’t better options out there.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
They should have kept Mike White but obviously with the draft capital they spent on Wilson he was going to be the backup unless they moved him. Or if they could have signed a backup like Jameis or Dalton that would have at least kept them competitive.

You could tell by watching Hard Knocks why his play on the field has been so bad. An immature kid with a strong arm and not much else isn't going to control a locker room like Rodgers.

He sure didn't seem to have the "it" factor or any real leadership skills.

How much of that is because of editing I'll never know for sure, but the guy just doesn't seem to instill confidence in those around him.

The Jets are in a bind. A team that could make a run, but a major hole in the roster.

Try to trade? Grab a free agent? Kind of ****** after 4 plays in the season.

As a Bears fan I'm enjoying seeing another team suck the pipe

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
It’s absolutely a mortgage your future for a chance now. The Jets have the team to make that bet for the chance now. It’s either swing for fences on this one or just let the opportunity fade away with Zack as your QB. There aren’t better options out there.
Pre-season I thought that, but even removing Wilson's suckiness, the offense isn't quite the level I expected. The Oline is also really a drag on it. If the owner can get on board, they might be better suited to just play it out and look to next year.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Pre-season I thought that, but even removing Wilson's suckiness, the offense isn't quite the level I expected. The Oline is also really a drag on it. If the owner can get on board, they might be better suited to just play it out and look to next year.

And when Russell Wilson is a possible solution it's probably best to send out the punt team and wait until next season.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Meh, if you're going to swing for the fences, Wilson is a pretty risky swing. Has he shown anything, since coming to Denver, to indicate that he's going to win them many more games than other quarterbacks that might be available for cheaper? Supposedly both Matt Ryan and Carson Wentz reached out to the Jets. Considering what it would take to acquire Wilson, what it would take to fit him under this year's salary cap, and the way he's been performing, it seems like there are other options that are likely to give you a similar return

Reactions: Jer

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Meh, if you're going to swing for the fences, Wilson is a pretty risky swing. Has he shown anything, since coming to Denver, to indicate that he's going to win them many more games than other quarterbacks that might be available for cheaper? Supposedly both Matt Ryan and Carson Wentz reached out to the Jets. Considering what it would take to acquire Wilson, what it would take to fit him under this year's salary cap, and the way he's been performing, it seems like there are other options that are likely to give you a similar return

Carson Wentz must be a total pain in the ass or piece of ****.

His numbers are pretty good, but the guy gets the boot quick and is sitting on the shelf. He seems like a strong backup at the very least, but no one wants in.

Wonder what the story is there? 30 years old. Gas in the tank, but no takers.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
He sure didn't seem to have the "it" factor or any real leadership skills.

How much of that is because of editing I'll never know for sure, but the guy just doesn't seem to instill confidence in those around him.

The Jets are in a bind. A team that could make a run, but a major hole in the roster.

Try to trade? Grab a free agent? Kind of ****** after 4 plays in the season.

As a Bears fan I'm enjoying seeing another team suck the pipe
I think they just have to accept that they aren't going to the playoffs this year and regroup next year. Rodgers should be back with a 100% healthy Breece to go along with a solid D.

Honestly I wasn't sold on all the Super Bowl talk this year anyways. I thought Rodgers could possibly get them in a wildcard game and then next year is their best chance with Breece 100% and a year of Garret and Rodgers together.

• Agree
Reactions: somecyguy