2024 Transfer Portal Tracker (Wrestling)

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Iowa board saying Alirez is being persuade into going in the portal for a hefty $500k from Iowa and Michigan. It’s funny the greatest coaches in the sport can’t develop blue chip guys like Ryder block and Gilcher. Let’s just pay for a proven commodity
If you have the money, it would be stupid not to spend it on someone like Alirez.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
If Alirez was in the portal, I'd be fine with it. Don't love the actively poaching guys not in the portal
Don’t disagree with you there, but if no one is willing to stop it you need to engage.

It’s kind of like putting your foot in the line in neutral. It’s a clear rule that is supposed to be a caution. 99% of the time it’s never called so why worry about getting called for it.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Don’t disagree with you there, but if no one is willing to stop it you need to engage.

It’s kind of like putting your foot in the line in neutral. It’s a clear rule that is supposed to be a caution. 99% of the time it’s never called so why worry about getting called for it.
I for one think there’s already too much bureaucracy. The amount of additional employees the NCAA would have to hire and manage to get these coaches to play the game the fair if that was everyone’s attitude would be crazy. Imagine if everyone in this country decided to do whatever the hell they wanted because there aren’t enough cops to stop us from doing so.

Sports are around to teach young kids about integrity and teamwork and building character. A few select athletes make any money. It isn’t about if anyone is watching. Coaches should be playing the game within the guidelines that are set in place otherwise there is no integrity in the game and it’ll soon dissolve - which very well might be coming.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
500k for a wrestler so you can be top 3 maybe is absurd. I’d rather do it like dresser and fight for top 5 with a reasonable NIL fund. Unless you think you can bankroll a natty, let the iowas and Michigans gut each other by sucking money from their donors for a few years and build through recruiting with a couple economical transfers and retain our guys. When their donors get tired of paying or they finally do enough damage to weaken PSU then you can make your run.

Cyguy1994

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 22, 2021
500k for a wrestler so you can be top 3 maybe is absurd. I’d rather do it like dresser and fight for top 5 with a reasonable NIL fund. Unless you think you can bankroll a natty, let the iowas and Michigans gut each other by sucking money from their donors for a few years and build through recruiting with a couple economical transfers and retain our guys. When their donors get tired of paying or they finally do enough damage to weaken PSU then you can make your run.
I read this at first and was thinking I'd sure enjoy a trophy in Ames. But then if you think about building our new facility and the development of our wrestlers. Plus our steady climb, I think we are doing what is best for us now and in the long run.

G-imJustafan

Sep 9, 2022
Iowa board saying Alirez is being persuade into going in the portal for a hefty $500k from Iowa and Michigan. It’s funny the greatest coaches in the sport can’t develop blue chip guys like Ryder block and Gilcher. Let’s just pay for a proven commodity
welcome to the new ncaa / nil is just a legal way to sidestep what's been going on under the table for decades.
anyone think the fab 5 just all ended up at Michigan back in 91

Chris Webber (#4)
Jalen Rose (#5),
Ray Jackson (#21)
Jimmy King (#24)
Juwan Howard (#25),

• Winner
Reactions: cyputz

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I read this at first and was thinking I'd sure enjoy a trophy in Ames. But then if you think about building our new facility and the development of our wrestlers. Plus our steady climb, I think we are doing what is best for us now and in the long run.
I keep forgetting about that new facility. Any update on that? @Tigerguy_