2024 Transfer Portal Tracker (Wrestling)

Cyclonewrestlingfan2022

May 30, 2023
Guys let this be said right now. Matscouts said Andrew Alirez will go in the portal. When he does and when he commits to Iowa let it be known just how desperate that ******** of a place is. That they have to beg and beg to convince guys in the portal so they can stay relevant. It’s so funny how bad Cael has broken the brands brothers.

• Agree
Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Guys let this be said right now. Matscouts said Andrew Alirez will go in the portal. When he does and when he commits to Iowa let it be known just how desperate that ******** of a place is. That they have to beg and beg to convince guys in the portal so they can stay relevant. It’s so funny how bad Cael has broken the brands brothers.
Michigan gets a lot of hate, and rightfully so. They have also been the beneficiary of a lot of graduate transfers and who wouldn’t want a Michigan grad degree with a nice payday? But the hawks reek of desperation

Reactions: ST8TAILG8R

Cyclonewrestlingfan2022

May 30, 2023
Michigan gets a lot of hate, and rightfully so. They have also been the beneficiary of a lot of graduate transfers and who wouldn’t want a Michigan grad degree with a nice payday? But the hawks reek of desperation
Yep I agree. And I’m not anti transfers. It’s just when you have to literally beg a guy to enter the portal that’s when you know you reek of Desperation. I think it’s funny Sanderson broke them

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
Oh yeah I totally agree if you are forking up 500k for one guy. That’s absolutely crazy. For Alirez it’s a no brainer.

It's a lot, but Alirez is a stud. And if he sticks around post-grad and competes freestyle for them, it might be worth it. I'd be OK if it was us giving him that money.

The tampering is another story, and it will continue to happen until it happens to the wrong team and the NCAA finally steps in.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
It's a lot, but Alirez is a stud. And if he sticks around post-grad and competes freestyle for them, it might be worth it. I'd be OK if it was us giving him that money.

The tampering is another story, and it will continue to happen until it happens to the wrong team and the NCAA finally steps in.
I think MMA is his plan after college. Can always change, but ongoing FS may not be in the cards.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
One year of Alirez (who is great, but I'm saying now isn't beating Mendez) will help inflate them back to trophy contention, but it's just a band-aid on the bigger root issues at Iowa. Given all their resources/advantages, they should be the best team set up to be a real threat to Penn State. Instead they're having to chuck a mountain of cash around, and engage with the Ferrari clan, just to stay in the trophy talk. That tells you all you really need to know about the program out there.

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017

Supposedly all being done by “proxies” so not officially tampering - give me a break - we all know exactly what it is and the NCAA is turning a blind eye .

Cyclonewrestlingfan2022

May 30, 2023
It’s so dirty it’s ridiculous. And the NCAA turns a blind eye to it.

Alirez is a stud and would be great for the program, but we are going to be fine.
Tiger I’ll ask you. Did KD ever tamper with trying to get Ayala to come to Iowa state. That’s what Iowa fans are telling me. I don’t know and Ik you would have the best insight into that.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
I think if Iowa has a private donor willing to fork over $500k for Alirez, good for them.

It seems like there is some discrepancy between the donors and the coaching staff. Clearly some donors are willing to pay big money to get 2nd place, but the coaches aren’t willing to make the decisions necessary to get 2nd. They left points at home at NCAAs which would have almost assuredly gotten them 2nd place. For some reasons it appears they were happy with 5th

Reactions: stuclone