2024 Transfer Portal Tracker (Wrestling)

• We Will Collective May Donor Drive - Last Day, Help Needed!

We're in the final hours of a critical push to signup donors for the May Donor Drive. Let your Cyclone friends know!

Please consider giving at We Will Collective.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
I don't think people are being sensitive to facts. It's glass half full or half empty situation. Both are fact and you are seeing the glass half empty. I going with half full. CC is a great teammate and I am absolutely ecstatic he is at Iowa State with 3 yrs left + RS + Olympic RS 3 yrs from now.
When did I say I don’t like Cody or that I don’t love that he’s at Iowa state? Don’t let facts get in the way of a good argument here.

I’m looking at it half empty because I said his ceiling might be 7th place next year? And everyone is losing their minds. This is a guy who went 1-2 at nationals and I’m predicting he could make the podium and I’m being pessimistic. Okay.

ST8TAILG8R

Jul 10, 2017
When did I say I don’t like Cody or that I don’t love that he’s at Iowa state? Don’t let facts get in the way of a good argument here.

I’m looking at it half empty because I said his ceiling might be 7th place next year? And everyone is losing their minds. This is a guy who went 1-2 at nationals and I’m predicting he could make the podium and I’m being pessimistic. Okay.
You didn't say that and that's not what I posted. I was trying to explain why I see the glass half full.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
It would be nice if we could have two separate threads. One with info and one for condescending comments. I guess the problem with that is the info would be buried.

Reactions: Ocy Docy

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.

You just compared him to Kysen. How is that warranted?

Also, “don’t let facts get in the way”.

Fact: he handedly beat an ncaa finalist a week after that finalist won Midlands.

Fact: he beat a multiple time AA at Big 12’s (that guy is magically washed up because CC beat him though).

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
You just compared him to Kysen. How is that warranted?

Also, “don’t let facts get in the way”.

Fact: he handedly beat an ncaa finalist a week after that finalist won Midlands.

Fact: he beat a multiple time AA at Big 12’s (that guy is magically washed up because CC beat him though).
Facts. Mauller went 0-2 at nationals. Facts. The guy he lost to on the backside was a guy who got teched 17-2 the round before by Haines. What am I missing here? How does this correlate to still relevant and All American caliber?

Cyguy1994

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 22, 2021
Basically seemed like you were dogging on Cody and nobody wants to put up with that. Was last year perfect no, but also he was a freshman. The kid chose to leave Iowa to come here and we are happy he did so.

Also I think all the posters on here want it to be clear that you're opinions do not represent most of us

Cyclonewrestlingfan2022

May 30, 2023
Is it? He went 1-2 at nationals and got majored by a guy 99% of this board had no clue existed until that match. He has some of the same issues Kysen has and we’ve all seen how well that’s progressed. Just facts. Cyclones fans have to be the most optimistic team in all of ncaa wrestling. Yonger has made it on the podium a total of 1 time. Paniro didn’t place after getting a 5 seed. It’s great we have talent but developing them is what makes the difference. Time will tell
Listen I agree with our fanbase can be to optimistic about guys. Yeahs let’s just be real Chittum didn’t have a season really any of us wanted. Comparing him to Kysen is a bad comparison. Kysen is a senior and Chittum is a freshman. The excuse I can make for Chittum and paniro they are freshman. They both have great potential and Ive seen a lot of good stuff out of both of them that they bounce back.

Reactions: ST8TAILG8R

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Basically seemed like you were dogging on Cody and nobody wants to put up with that. Was last year perfect no, but also he was a freshman. The kid chose to leave Iowa to come here and we are happy he did so.
You must not come around here often. I don’t come on these boards to dog on the wrestlers you can check the history if you aren’t familiar

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Facts. Mauller went 0-2 at nationals. Facts. The guy he lost to on the backside was a guy who got teched 17-2 the round before by Haines. What am I missing here? How does this correlate to still relevant and All American caliber?
Writing off a multiple time AA because he lost to a guy that got tech’d by a national champ? You’re trying entirely too hard.

We get it, you don’t like Cody.

I still take my odds the former #1 P4P recruit/Big 12 finalist that hasn’t had much time in folk finishing higher than “maybe” 7th or 8th and was compared to Kysen.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Writing off a multiple time AA because he lost to a guy that got tech’d by a national champ? You’re trying entirely too hard.

We get it, you don’t like Cody.

I still take my odds the former #1 P4P recruit/Big 12 finalist that hasn’t had much time in folk finishing higher than “maybe” 7th or 8th and was compared to Kysen.
Don’t put words in my mouth just because you can’t argue facts. Never once did I say I didn’t like Cody. If you can’t handle a debate don’t start but don’t put words in my mouth that I never said fella

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Don’t put words in my mouth just because you can’t argue facts. Never once did I say I didn’t like Cody. If you can’t handle a debate don’t start but don’t put words in my mouth that I never said fella
Fair, I suppose you didn’t flat out say that you didn’t like him.

Just seems as though all of Cody’s accomplishments from last year as a true freshman have an asterisk next to them for some reason yet his shortcomings don’t get any slack.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Fair, I suppose you didn’t flat out say that you didn’t like him.

Just seems as though all of Cody’s accomplishments from last year as a true freshman have an asterisk next to them for some reason yet his shortcomings don’t get any slack.
Because the mauller win doesn’t excite me? Everyone was hyping the Chittum Shapiro match. It was supposed to be Cody’s chance to show how great he was. He got majored by a guy zero people were talking about the round before. He had 1 good win all season. I like the kid he’s still got plenty of opportunities. But I think I’m the only realistic one on here saying a ceiling or 7th place sounds about right. Frankly that’s being optimistic given he went 1-2 at nationals. Nothing I saw makes me think he will place higher than 7th place next year. But I’m entitled to my own opinions on a message board that you don’t have to care about

Some of you have turned quickly on Kysen as well. I made a wrestling style remark and you guys are bringing the kids personal life up and dragging him down.

Cyclonewrestlingfan2022

May 30, 2023
Because the mauller win doesn’t excite me? Everyone was hyping the Chittum Shapiro match. It was supposed to be Cody’s chance to show how great he was. He got majored by a guy zero people were talking about the round before. He had 1 good win all season. I like the kid he’s still got plenty of opportunities. But I think I’m the only realistic one on here saying a ceiling or 7th place sounds about right. Frankly that’s being optimistic given he went 1-2 at nationals. Nothing I saw makes me think he will place higher than 7th place next year. But I’m entitled to my own opinions on a message board that you don’t have to care about

Some of you have turned quickly on Kysen as well. I made a wrestling style remark and you guys are bringing the kids personal life up and dragging him down.
yeah I don’t get the beef you are getting at all. You have every right to feel that way. What you are saying isn’t wrong he didn’t have a good season last year.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.

Don’t believe I ever said anything about Kysens personal life. Talk about putting words into someone’s mouth.

Have you watched Cody wrestle? Comparing his style to Kysen is absolutely absurd. Beat the guys he was supposed to beat, lost some close ones to experienced guys who were high AA’s and had crazy matches with another very good freshman. Had a bad weekend in KC, that happens frequently especially for young guys.

Yonger went 2-2 this year at nationals at his 3rd NCAA tourney. Is his ceiling 7th? I mean, the odds are that a freshman will take a bigger leap than a senior, no?

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Had a conversation tonight at the tailgate tour event in Waterloo with KD. I’m not going to post details as it would be inappropriate on a public forum. However, oh baby…. Let’s just say I now feel REALLY good about next years roster…. Like I can’t “wink wink, nudge nudge” strong enough. Our head honcho clearly has a fantastic plan and is executing it very well. :cool:
I was there too, chatting with Dresser.... I think I know of what you speak.

Reactions: Diehardisu6988

ST8TAILG8R

Jul 10, 2017
yeah I don’t get the beef you are getting at all. You have every right to feel that way. What you are saying isn’t wrong he didn’t have a good season last year.
I think everybody agrees CC didn't have the year he wanted to. I am super jacked up about his flashes last year and the potential he has over the next 3+ yrs. When evaluating freshman you need to remember college wrestling has never been older. Austin Gomez was on his 7th yr!!!