2024 Transfers

jdubs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 5, 2011
I see this a lot, but are there really that many places that care about women's basketball more than the State of Iowa? I think the bar for NIL is probably higher here than most places sans LSU(until their super team is gone), South Carolina, and UCONN. Audi is probably making more here in Iowa than she could anywhere else.
Definitely add Tennessee. Maybe USC if they want to add around Watkins.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Hard to imagine any others of the main depth chart leaving at this point. We are likely at the “post season conferences with coaches have occurred” stage. Players know where they stand, what expectations are and are able to talk to coaches about their own thoughts. I don’t know if Bristow is homesick (several have mentioned it), but if true it would def weigh on this decision. As I’ve often said I think she had the most growth upside of any player on the team.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
I hope Joens stays, but wouldn’t be surprised if she leaves. She seemed underused this year and overlooked quite a bit when on offense, however, I don’t know what goes on at practice.

swclone11

Feb 17, 2024
I hope Joens stays, but wouldn’t be surprised if she leaves. She seemed underused this year and overlooked quite a bit when on offense, however, I don’t know what goes on at practice.
This is the kind of post that confuses me a bit. Underused? She's a freshman and while she played well, was definitely a step behind other guards in many ways - Ryan for obvious reasons, Jackson was needed as a ball-handler and Belanger was a better sharpshooter and ball-handler. I think she'll grow this offseason and get some of Belanger's minutes.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
She was asked this in an interview and her reaction was “what the heck are you talking about?” That’s good enough for me

peatyscotch

Feb 16, 2022
According to "The Nexthoops" website, Diew has entered the portal as well. Don't know how good a site they are.

Last edited:

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
As a freshman she 5th in points 5th in rebounds 5th in assists 7th in minutes and 6th in 3 pointers made. She will get more time next year.

Reactions: acoustimac

Dirtguy4CY

May 4, 2022
I assume Bristow knew this and still left. Diew is no loss.
Very long shot it seems once a play enters the portal now, but I wonder if they could real her back in since Diew has now left. I would think homesick might be the issue here?

savepolarbears

Dec 4, 2013
Any ISU interest in any of these? Not an in-depth follower of women's BIG XII teams.
I’m guessing CBF wouldn’t approach any conference transfers, unless they had another connection or contacted us first

Here's the latest Big 12 transfers out list.

Big 12​

BYU
Ali’a Matavao, 6’0, F, Fr. (0.9 ppg)
Rose Bubakar, 6’0, F, Jr. (3.2 ppg)
Nani Falatea, 5’9, G, Jr. (15.3 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 4.5 apg, 1.6 spg – 2022-23)

Cincinnati
Ta’Ziah Jenks, 6’0, G, Jr. (4.6 ppg)
Braylyn Milton, 5’11, G, Jr. (4.9 ppg)

Houston
Ash’a Thompson, 5’10, G, Sr. (0.8 ppg)
Kamryn Jones, 6’1, F, Sr. (4.7 ppg, 4.1 rpg)

Iowa State
Shantavia Dawkins, 5’7, G, Soph. (0.8 ppg)
Izzi Zingaro, 6’4, F, Jr. (3.2 ppg)

Kansas State
Heavenly Greer, F, Jr. (1.3 ppg)
Ja’Mia Harris, G, Fr. (1.8 ppg)

Oklahoma State
Mia Galbraith, 5’9, G, Fr. (0.3 ppg)
Ale’jah Douglas, 5’6, G, Sr. (1.5 ppg)
Brianna Jackson, 6’3, F, Sr. (4 ppg — 4 games) Coastal Carolina
Kennedy Fauntleroy, 5’7, G, Soph. (7.8 ppg)
Chandler Prater, 5’11, G, Sr. (8.0 ppg, 6.0 rpg)
Hannah Gusters, 6’5, C, Sr. (14.3 ppg, 4.1 rpg)

TCU
Bre’yon White, 5’11, F, Jr. (0.6 ppg)

Texas Tech
Saga Ukkonen, 5’9, G, Jr. (2.1 ppg)
Ashley Chevalier, 5’7, G, Jr. (2.8 ppg)
Elina Arike, 6’2, F, Sr. (3.7 ppg)
Jazion Jackson, 5’9, G, Sr. (11.6 ppg, 5.8 rpg — 2022-23 at UTEP)

UCF
Mary McMillan, 5’6, G, Sr. (0 ppg)
Timia Ware, 5’6, G, Jr. (3 ppg)
looked through the whole list, amazing how many teams have 6 or more! Any familiar names from ISU recruiting lists? I saw the younger Huard from Montana is on the list. A couple of bigs from Wisconsin. Seems like we would be looking for anything but the PG.

Reactions: acoustimac