21st Birthdays

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
An earlier post from Oskyclone got me thinking about my 21st birthday which now seems so long ago. Anyone got any PG stories from their XXI?
My wife (fiancee at the time) and I went to a wedding of a couple that were both friends of ours and they very much surprised us by having a dry wedding. Didn't get out of the reception until after midnight and I had to be on the road early in the morning. Ended up not having a drop on my 21st, made up for it the following week though.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
Let's see. Pucked in the Womens restroom at Cy's. Free drink at every bar we went to. Got a 40 for the ride home with my roommate, and a free box of Krispy creams because I told them I was getting stuff for free everywhere else I went that night. Got pulled over by DPS. Somehow my roomate who had been drinking shot for shot with me blew under, but the DPS officer had to drive his car the rest of the way home because he "didn't have his glasses." The forty kept clanking around under the seat with the officer driving us. No ticket though. Ohhhhhhhhhhh. good times

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
I was at an internship in Columbus, NE when I turned 21 (2 days after our 2001 Big Monday win at KU). Although the guys I worked with were all older, they were good enough to take me out after work for my birthday. It was extremely icy that day, and like I said they were all older guys, so we only had a few drinks, but I went back to Ames the following weekend and celebrated in style at Welch Ave.

So to answer the original question- no, I don't have a good story from my 21st.

cycopath25

Sep 8, 2006
(307)
I had 23 shots plus mixed drinks on my 21st B-day. Got ushered out of Paddy's and somehow die.

arganbright2

Aug 6, 2006
Got kicked out of 3 bag in Des Moines. Went to Prairie Meadows and as I was handing my i.d. to the security person, they told me and the other 3 guys that were with me to follow her. They took us to a coat room down stairs and made us all blow. After threatening to arrest us for an hour, they let us go. We came back awhile later and I dominated the blackjack tables.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I was working at a summer camp the summer I turned 21. It was my golden bday. I had one beer and one shot and then had to go back to a cabin of rowdy 8 year olds. So no fun for me. =(

Last edited:

mike4cy

Aug 4, 2006
Urbandale
Studied for a Stat 226 test with a bottle of Mudslide and some Doritos....lame I know but I partied hard the next night ;)

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
My birthday was always during Finals Week. Talk about a bummer. I did steal away to the bar on my 21st, but it's just not the same when you have those pesky academics on your mind.

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
Sat at home and studied for my CE 334 exam. Did a shot with my roommates at midnight (in our apartment) and went right on back to studying. Didn't even make it out after the exam as I just went back to the apartment, had a beer, and went to sleep. Following weekend was VEISHEA so we didn't even attempt to get into any bars. So my 21st was very non-eventful.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
short version (long version is foggy but with many good one liners)

21st birthday. Started drinking at lunch. Drank through supper. We had a basketball league game that night (7ish). I scored 45 of the teams 59 points from every spot on the floor. Every player on that team covered me at one time. I was sweating booze. Had drinks for celebrating the win (maybe we were playing small schools in Nb). Shortly after 11pm, I don't remember anything.

-keep.

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Got a tattoo in the afternoon and then went back to Welch to party it up. Had numerous shots/drinks, but the night ended when I did back to back jaegerbombs after all that drinking. I recall standing on the sidewalks of Welch holding onto a lamp-post hoping that the cop driving by wouldn't pick me up for public-intox. Overall, a fairly eventfull bday.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
started at Cy's as soon as the clock hit midnight. argued with the bartender a little because he kept trying to tell me it was still the 14th. Dude, my birthday is the 15th, it is 12:01, officially the 15th, I'm buying the place a round. There was only about 10 people in the place due to Thanksgiving break, so no big deal there. I was told I introduced myself to everyone on Welch Ave that night. made it home, somehow. no accidents and nothing broken (on me or in my apartment).

arganbright2

Aug 6, 2006
Alright, let me set the stage for you. My best friend is the type of guy that you can't tell whether he is drunk or not until he is totally gone. On his 21st, he is drinking everything that is put in front of him. He loves "prairie fires" (tequila and tobasco sauce). So anyways he is downing shot after shot, beer after beer and is totally fine. He is carrying on conversation, laughing ,and having a good time. Around closing time, everybody does a toast to him for his b-day. He chugs his beer, everybody in the bar starts to cheer, then he pukes in his cup. Since he had just gone over his limit, he looks around at everybody with his head bobbing and proceeds to take a huge swig out of that glass. His girlfriend didn't kiss him for a month and he never hears the end of it.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Alright, let me set the stage for you. My best friend is the type of guy that you can't tell whether he is drunk or not until he is totally gone. On his 21st, he is drinking everything that is put in front of him. He loves "prairie fires" (tequila and tobasco sauce). So anyways he is downing shot after shot, beer after beer and is totally fine. He is carrying on conversation, laughing ,and having a good time. Around closing time, everybody does a toast to him for his b-day. He chugs his beer, everybody in the bar starts to cheer, then he pukes in his cup. Since he had just gone over his limit, he looks around at everybody with his head bobbing and proceeds to take a huge swig out of that glass. His girlfriend didn't kiss him for a month and he never hears the end of it.

awesome!! puke and rally!

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Around closing time, everybody does a toast to him for his b-day. He chugs his beer, everybody in the bar starts to cheer, then he pukes in his cup. Since he had just gone over his limit, he looks around at everybody with his head bobbing and proceeds to take a huge swig out of that glass. His girlfriend didn't kiss him for a month and he never hears the end of it.

There's a video out there of someone doing this...:confused:

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Since he had just gone over his limit, he looks around at everybody with his head bobbing and proceeds to take a huge swig out of that glass. His girlfriend didn't kiss him for a month and he never hears the end of it.

"And then, this was horrible, all the people started getting sick and throwing up all over each other. I never felt so bad in my entire life.
"

Watching him do that would make me ill to know end.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Went to Dean's List not long after practice (not sure if I even showered). Had 25? shots and then decided it would be cool to try and chug a pitcher, pounded it, set the pitcher down then filled it with puke... Passed out in a soccer players room and pretty much the entire soccer team wrote all over me. Had to wake up early to run the hitting league for little kids, wearing long sleaves and long pants to cover all the writing and my face bright red from scrubbing sharpie off my face. Good times...

scottie33

Nov 25, 2006
Ames, Iowa
Mine is original. I was working in Coshocton, Ohio doing Geopiers for a huge ethanol plant, and we decided to go out after work the night before my birthday. We went to some bar who didn't ID so I got wasted there, and we went to a pretty big bar with pool tables and dance floor, and they wouldn't let me in because I wasn't 21 yet. However, at about 11:30 they decided to let me in to this bar. We were sitting there drinking away, filling our 3 foot circular table with beer bottles, when this 6' 8" black dude walked in dressed like a girl. I was thinking that is one huge ..... about 5 minutes later I looked over and the pitcher was gone and I knew for sure it wasn't a lady but a transvestite. I remember looking at my phone at 11:58 pm when this tranny got in a fight with a local hick. This tranny picked up this dude and body slammed him onto our table full of beer bottles. This went on for prolly 5 minutes before someone broke it up, when the tranny got up some lady in her 30's got in his faced and yelled some profanity at him/her and he knocked her to the ground in one punch to the face, and she proceeded to get up right after and give him a blow to the face, and they kicked all three of them out of hte bar and the hick left a trail of blood all the way out of the door. When they got up from fighting the Tranny's wig was laying in the middle of the crushed beer bottles full of blood.

Funny story, and very crazy times! I then proceeded to dance all night with a pitcher on the dance floor spilling it all over me and the dance floor til 3 am.

Last edited:

justincl

Apr 11, 2006
Mine is original. I was working in Coshocton, Ohio doing Geopiers for a huge ethanol plant, and we decided to go out after work the night before my birthday. We went to some bar who didn't ID so I got wasted there, and we went to a pretty big bar with pool tables and dance floor, and they wouldn't let me in because I wasn't 21 yet. However, at about 11:30 they decided to let me in to this bar. We were sitting there drinking away, filling our 3 foot circular table with beer bottles, when this 6' 8" black dude walked in dressed like a girl. I was thinking that is one huge ..... about 5 minutes later I looked over and the pitcher was gone and I knew for sure it wasn't a lady but a transvestite. I remember looking at my phone at 11:58 pm when this tranny got in a fight with a local hick. This tranny picked up this dude and body slammed him onto our table full of beer bottles. This went on for prolly 5 minutes before someone broke it up, when the tranny got up some lady in her 30's got in his faced and yelled some profanity at him/her and he knocked her to the ground in one punch to the face, and she proceeded to get up right after and give him a blow to the face, and they kicked all three of them out of hte bar and the hick left a trail of blood all the way out of the door. When they got up from fighting the Tranny's wig was laying in the middle of the crushed beer bottles full of blood.

Funny story, and very crazy times! I then proceeded to dance all night with a pitcher on the dance floor spilling it all over me and the dance floor til 3 am.

Did Jerry end up getting you back to the hotel? How was work the next morning?!?