#22 Cyclones vs #8 Texas on FSN starting NOW!

CY9008

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2010
West Des Moines, IA
Wow glad to see some fight in these ladies!...slowing Texas for 2 sets is no small feat...sucks to come so close then fall short but that was a great match.

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
Too bad the fhis first match wasn't in Ames. I think UT was believing the Big 12 was a total cakewalk after not losing a set the first seven matches, and here comes ISU with a record that was not all that impressive. At their place they were able to regroup and get a little mo for the crowd to get into it. At Hilton, I dont think they would have come back down 2-0. However, now they won't be overlooking us (unless they have the conference and a#1seed wrapped up).

cydney

Mar 14, 2011
If you didn't see the first two sets, you missed some great volleyball by the Cyclones. Looked the team we all thought we'd be this year. But it took almost flawless play (look at Hurtt's numbers) to get it done. You knew it would be hard to keep that up on Texas home court. But we showed what's possible.

Of course, that also made the rest the match even harder to watch.

Part of the problem may have been physical strength/conditioning. ISU players that needed to keep pouring it on could not.

But more than that, I'd say it was psychological. Before the break, ISU had Texas off balance. Then, somehow, they let Texas get its swagger, and they played comfortable and cocky the rest of the match. One reason ISU beat Nebraska is that we kept the pressure on, and Nebraska made mistakes. Texas was never pushed into mistakes after the break.

It might have been interesting if ISU could have kept it close in one of the sets after break.