Jjflm62

Aug 2, 2017
Looking at ordering a couple Mini-pack tickets after talking my wife into going to a few games. It looks like if I order them online, ticketmaster will tack on $25 worth of service charges. If I call the ticket office tomorrow, will they charge me this fee? The whole idea of Ticketmaster just pisses me off.

I called the ticket office and handled mine over the phone. Got 2 of the $99 mini packs. Grand total was $219 and some change.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I called the ticket office and handled mine over the phone. Got 2 of the $99 mini packs. Grand total was $219 and some change.

What seats are still available?

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
I'm trying to collect enough from all of you to not appear naive, so forgive me.
My wife and I both graduated from Iowa State and have 3 kids. Much like 95% of the general population, weekends are a disaster and once school starts, sporting events fill Saturday. Against UNI, it is a Saturday night and youth sports haven't start yet. My kids are now at the age where we would be bad parents if we dont get them to a game. UNI is the best chance to attend a game. Again, Youth Sports quickly start up, then before you know I am full radio mode via combine to the later half.

Question, On August 17th at 10:00am, can I buy 5 single game tickets to UNI or will the game be sold out before it even opens up. I am not any club member or anything like that. Just a fan who wants to take his kids to a game? What is my best route? I'm not too intrigued with buying a Pack and reselling those I cant attend which is probably the other 2.

http://www.ticketsnow.com/iowa-stat...tickets/2070145?segment=iowa-state-university

There is always the cyclone ticket exchange website too. I believe the fees, if there are any, are cheaper than StubHub.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
So can we not get physical tickets for the mini pack? I just got an email telling me to do mobile tickets or print at home.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
So can we not get physical tickets for the mini pack? I just got an email telling me to do mobile tickets or print at home.

I just got the same, even though I specifically asked for them to be mailed.

Not sure, not that it's a huge deal for me.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
I just got the same, even though I specifically asked for them to be mailed.

Not sure, not that it's a huge deal for me.
I asked for them to be mailed as well. Since it is my first year with actual tickets instead of student ones I wanted to have paper versions to keep.

Jjflm62

Aug 2, 2017

They will also be mailing out physical tickets within the next week or 2 is what the young man told me from the ticket office. So you can print or use a hard copy.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
ThreadResurrection.jpg

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
The only way that's a deal is if there are no single game tickets left, or if they're giving you great seats. If you get single game tickets to those 3 games, you can get the mid-tier for all 3 for less than $175 ($145 before fees). I'm not seeing the appeal this year.
Whenever I bought a mini pack in the past the seats were usually the unsold visiting team tickets. You could buy a season ticket in the upper corners for $175 which is definitely the better bargain.

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
.... If you get single game tickets to those 3 games, you can get the mid-tier for all 3 for less than $175 ($145 before fees). I'm not seeing the appeal this year.
It's all about selling season tickets. Get folks to buy mobile passes, then get them to donate and buy parking passes in a year or so along with the better seats......Seems like a smart marketing plan after getting folks interested by offering $99 tickets in the past.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
It's all about selling season tickets. Get folks to buy mobile passes, then get them to donate and buy parking passes in a year or so along with the better seats......Seems like a smart marketing plan after getting folks interested by offering $99 tickets in the past.

Oh I understand that, but in the past the mini packs have at least been a deal over buying the tickets individually. This year they aren't.

• Agree
Reactions: GoodyISU1

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
That isn't even close to a deal. Jamie is cunningly smart me thinks. I don't know how many singles will be available but it is obvious that OU will have the strongest demand (they have the highest home prices as well). So get them to buy a 3-pack that they resell to the other two games with the least demand (Akron because of the team and KSU because of the cold). Fleecing OU fans with money to burn. :)

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Wait- so if I plan to attend just the SDSU game... I might still save money by purchasing season tickets?

Are there even any left for purchase?

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
There will be singles available for all the games, with probably very few to OU would be my guess. The Akron ticket prices are really cheap on Stub Hub last I looked.

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
Wait- so if I plan to attend just the SDSU game... I might still save money by purchasing season tickets?

Are there even any left for purchase?

For one game, probably not worth it unless you resell the rest of the tickets. The Ticket exchange here always has tickets up the week or two before the game.

There's a lot left in the general public sections.

upload_2018-7-24_12-47-43.png