andybernard

Oct 22, 2009
I saw what I expected. Most fans that travel (especially to a rival stadium) are going to be fairly civil. It's the trash that doesn't step foot out of eastern Iowa that ends up being the worst on social media.

• Winner
Reactions: Cat Stevens

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I sat in the handicap section. If you want to sit with fun people who are chill and just enjoying a game then the handicap section is for you.

(But ISU didn't do a great job with accommodating people who needed help in my opinion)
Sorry to hear that.

I spent most of the 2015-16 MBB conference games in a wheelchair on the concourse at Hilton, and they did a really good job of taking care of us once we were inside the building.

Parking lot was a pain, though. He could drop me off at the curb before the game, but pushing a wheelchair up & over the icy sidewalks & street to the parking lots on the other side of the street after the game is NOT an easy task, and there is no access to the pickup area until the parking lot is emptied. :(

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Most of the Iowa fans around us were just like the Cyclone fans - cheering their team on. There's always that "one guy" who is very vocal, but even he wasn't too bad this time. Our experiences with Hawkeye fans at this game and at previous games over the last 15 or so years has been that when the game is strongly going our way, they're mute. When the game is a close battle, they're fans. When the game is going strongly in their favor, they're ********.

Even after the game we didn't encounter much trash talk on the walk back to the car. Probably one of the better experiences with that fan base that I've had, all things considered.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
"Woah woah woah, Joel Lanning is at linebacker?.. when did that happen?... today?? "

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
My wife and I like this game the least because the fans are just stupid. I had parents of a girl in Iowa's band sit by me and they were nice. After the game we went to Outback in Ankeny and as we're leaving I held the door for some folks coming in and as they go in the dad yells go hawks at me - really!? Just kinda stupid.

Everytime I get that, I just ask, "so when did you graduate from Iowa?". Usually surprises them enough to shut them up.

If they actually give me a year, then I answer, "me too, 2004"

TurdFerguson

Sep 13, 2013
A couple of posters making up some stuff in here. Namely the racist stuff, and booing the Marine.

It's a football game people. There was no audible booing for the Marine. And any racist comments by either fan base is an isolated incident.

Keep this crap on the politics board, where fantasy is accepted as fact to further a narrative.

I find it odd that you are telling people what they did or didn't hear. No one said that anyone mentioned is representative of all fans of their respective base. But you just go ahead and thumbs down or disregard anything you don't like if it makes you feel a little better about your little fairy tale world. Go you!

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
A couple of posters making up some stuff in here. Namely the racist stuff, and booing the Marine.

It's a football game people. There was no audible booing for the Marine. And any racist comments by either fan base is an isolated incident.

Keep this crap on the politics board, where fantasy is accepted as fact to further a narrative.
All hail the omniscient Hacker, who apparently was able to hear every comment made by every person in the stadium during the entire game!! Talk about fantasy!

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Nothing at our gamewatch. Husker fan in the parking lot asking about the score but in a way that lead me to believe he wanted ISU to win. His wife not so much.

It did reminded me of a tough loss a couple years ago where this very scrawny Husker fan opens the door to our gamewatch room and shouted "Go K-State". And then ran back into the main bar to hide. Come on man, you're not even in the league anymore you little ****. Later as we were leaving he was jeering us (from like 100-feet away). Thought about going over and telling him to go **** himself (he was even scrawnier then me) but took a look at the gal he was with a decided better of that. She was about the size of the little red Porsche 924S I drove to the game and looked mean as hell. :eek: Ah, nope.

• Funny
Reactions: SCyclone

ISUcyclones11

Dec 11, 2014
Ankeny, IA
Student section upper deck (X maybe?).

Some obnocious Iowa fan standing while everyone else was sitting during the timeouts. He'd make the weirdest gestures with his hands and arms or clap randomly at nothing. Eventually about 100 of us behind him started copying everything he did.

Only have one small snapchat of it but here's a sample of what was going on....dude had way too much adrenaline.

D

Deleted member 8507

Student section upper deck (X maybe?).

Some obnocious Iowa fan standing while everyone else was sitting during the timeouts. He'd make the weirdest gestures with his hands and arms or clap randomly at nothing. Eventually about 100 of us behind him started copying everything he did.

Only have one small snapchat of it but here's a sample of what was going on....dude had way too much adrenaline.
Were his gestures similar to a Florida Gator chomp? There were a dozen or so Hawks around us and they did that several times during the game. My wife elbowed me when I yelled Go Gators!

• Funny
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

Blandboy

Mar 31, 2006
Bettendorf
Were his gestures similar to a Florida Gator chomp? There were a dozen or so Hawks around us and they did that several times during the game. My wife elbowed me when I yelled Go Gators!

gator chomping near us, too. Guess the dude received permission from the Uof F since the real Gators were off for the day due to the hurricane.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron