25 Days of Christmas

SC Cy

Jun 30, 2006
Omaha, NE
twitter.com
I'm a sucker for Freeform's 25 Days of Christmas. Even though I own most Christmas movies and cartoons I still watch when they are on. There's something very nostalgic about this time of year. Two things bug me though...

1. The station's name is Freeform. Maybe in 10 years that will seem normal but for now it's a terrible name.

2. Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory is not a Christmas movie.

• Agree
Reactions: Angie and SWCy13

SWCy13

Nov 14, 2011
And they removed The Grinch from their rotation. Absolute blasphemy.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I'm a sucker for Freeform's 25 Days of Christmas. Even though I own most Christmas movies and cartoons I still watch when they are on. There's something very nostalgic about this time of year. Two things bug me though...

1. The station's name is Freeform. Maybe in 10 years that will seem normal but for now it's a terrible name.

2. Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory is not a Christmas movie.

To point 1 - I am curious why they renamed it from ABC Family? Did it get bought and needs rebranded (I don't see any evidence online)? Do they want to distance themselves from being family-friendly, and focus more on the shows where a sixteen year old gets pregnant, or where someone got adopted and it's been life-changing because now they're rich/abused/a princess/whatever?

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
To point 1 - I am curious why they renamed it from ABC Family? Did it get bought and needs rebranded (I don't see any evidence online)? Do they want to distance themselves from being family-friendly, and focus more on the shows where a sixteen year old gets pregnant, or where someone got adopted and it's been life-changing because now they're rich/abused/a princess/whatever?
From what I've gathered they wanted to make more "Teen" trendy so yep about the 16 year that gets knocked up because she was dressing like a hooker and got drugged at the party.

• Informative
Reactions: Angie

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois

It's much better than "ABC Family," especially when you consider that their most popular content (like Pretty Little Liars) really isn't family-friendly.

• Agree
Reactions: Angie and SC Cy