#25 ISU WBB Big 12 Opener - KSU tonight

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
I'm excited! ISU opens big 12 play ranked in the top 25.
Hope the team makes a big statement tonight. KSU on paper appears decent, with a core of Goth, Williams, Carr and Ranke. Their big post Williams is averaging 15.2 points a game. 4 of 5 starters averaging double figures and over 30 minutes each, so balanced offense, but relies heavily on starting line up. Guards are tall, so we won't have that usual advantage.

I'd imagine ISU will push the ball hard on offense, but I'd also like to see some press and trap a bit on defense to wear out KSU early and they aren't the best ball handlers averaging 16 turnovers a game.

Go Cyclones!

PROJECTED STARTING LINEUP FOR KSU
G: #10 Kayla Goth | G: #12 Rachel Ranke | G: #43 Christianna Carr | F: #11 Peyton Williams | F: #15 Kali Jones

The 25th-ranked Iowa State women's basketball team (10-2, 0-0 Big 12) hosts Kansas State (9-3, 0-0 Big 12) on Wednesday, Jan. 2 at 6:30 p.m. at Hilton Coliseum. Iowa State is 16-6 all-time in Big 12 openers. The Cyclones trail the Wildcats 52-39 in the all-time series, but hold a 22-18 advantage in Hilton Coliseum. Iowa State looks to improve to 10-0 in Hilton Coliseum on the year with a win on Wednesday.

Where: Hilton Coliseum - Ames, Iowa
When: Wednesday Jan. 2 at 6:30 p.m.
Projected Starting Lineup: Bridget Carleton, Meredith Burkhall, Alexa Middleton, Madison Wise, Ashley Joens
Radio: Cyclone Radio Network/Learfield
Talent: Brent Blum & Molly Parrott
TV: Cyclones.tv

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
And blow my secret identity? Let's just say it is one of the loud ones.
h0D1F1122

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
96-58 final. Wow. KSU looked completely overmatched in the second half.

Saw how scary good this team can be when they hit some shots, with Middleton's and Joen's confidence picking up steam, pretty unstoppable. Felt bad for Maddy, she just couldn't seem to get into the fun, but KSU seemed to be keying on her.

Reminded me of games when Lacy, Bolte, Nisleit, and Ezell would be hot. Hard to believe that roster was 10 years ago....

Have we ever had a player with the moxy and swagger of Alexis?

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Just watched the highlights, looked like a great game by Scott. Going to have to catch the replay on Friday.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
The game would not stream on Cyclone TV for me. I just got to see little snatches of it. I tried everything I could think of to get it to work. Nothing functioned so I figured it had to do with the ISU side, or the signal to this part of the world. I haven't had this happen in a long time.

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
Mitt, not sure why you could not see it. I was at the game but also TIVO'ed it and have watched it again to see what I missed at the game.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
Mitt, not sure why you could not see it. I was at the game but also TIVO'ed it and have watched it again to see what I missed at the game.
It was the first time I had trouble in a long time. Wonder if it had something to do with the local internet. At the same time anything else streamed fine. I put it on to see if anyone else had a problem, I can watch the replay later, but it annoyed me at the time.

D

Deleted member 8507

Cyclone radio was not working on TuneIn last night either. I listened to the "technical difficulties" message for 20 minutes before giving up.