EJ4CY

Feb 11, 2007
Lenexa KS
Maybe I came at the right time 2 years ago, but Gameday didn’t seem to make things any different than other Iowa games I’ve been at. There’s far fewer Hawk fans in Ames the last several times compared to the early 2000s. Gameday is a positive for Iowa State as a whole - never going to complain about them showing up no matter who we play.
You're right HOK fans have consistently been less in attendance in Ames over the past 20 years, They can't beat their chest like they used to.

• Agree
Reactions: Remo Gaggi

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
They can do what they want with taking down signs dissing them, college students will sneak signs in regardless. They are going to get booed bad. It's going to be a sh*tshow.

Tony Gunk

Jul 12, 2017
NE Iowa
Would be awesome news! If you don't want GameDay in Ames, then you don't want what is best for the Iowa State football program. Simple as that. Quite frankly, pull your head out of your ***. Only exception to this is if you think Navy deserves it for 9/11 - if you are complaining because tailgating will be less convenient then go jump in Lake Laverne.

Agreed - regardless of what folks may think about ESPN, anytime the ISU brand can be showcased on a national stage it's a great opportunity.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I’m not mad they’re coming, but considering everything that’s happened the last few months combined with them controlling the narrative by attempting to erase their involvement, not to mention they’ve been here before now, this just doesn’t move the needle for me.

We can also all but guarantee they'll use it as a way to further knock the B12 while keeping the narrative about the strength of the B1G going full on.

For the record imo the B1G is fine for competition; D1 is D1 but using a B12 school to advertise for the B1G is just not right.

I would hope they would have a longer deal about Jack Trice but they missed the boat on that last time.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
Would be awesome news! If you don't want GameDay in Ames, then you don't want what is best for the Iowa State football program. Simple as that. Quite frankly, pull your head out of your ***. Only exception to this is if you think Navy deserves it for 9/11 - if you are complaining because tailgating will be less convenient then go jump in Lake Laverne.

tbh probs gonna be 120 degrees for the game so not bad idea

• Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Maybe I came at the right time 2 years ago, but Gameday didn’t seem to make things any different than other Iowa games I’ve been at. There’s far fewer Hawk fans in Ames the last several times compared to the early 2000s. Gameday is a positive for Iowa State as a whole - never going to complain about them showing up no matter who we play.

It definitely brought people to town much earlier than normal though. The grass lot parking was a disaster from the word go.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Agreed - regardless of what folks may think about ESPN, anytime the ISU brand can be showcased on a national stage it's a great opportunity.
True. I'll be tailgating and won't even know they are there unless they move to the north side this time. Possible, I guess. If that's the case I'll be right next to them. I prefer that they stay south and suspect they will.

ClonesInDallas

Dec 16, 2020
For those of you much more seasoned tailgaters: I'm bringing a party bus of 35 people up to Ames. We're hoping to set up our own tailgate. Won't be long as we'll get into Ames around 11:00 AM and head out to get somewhere to watch the game around 2:45 PM. What is my best bet here as far as where to park this thing and set up?

EJ4CY

Feb 11, 2007
Lenexa KS
For those of you much more seasoned tailgaters: I'm bringing a party bus of 35 people up to Ames. We're hoping to set up our own tailgate. Won't be long as we'll get into Ames around 11:00 AM and head out to get somewhere to watch the game around 2:45 PM. What is my best bet here as far as where to park this thing and set up?
You'll need to on next wednesday buy a grass lot pass. They are only sold online now. I would completely recommend getting there earlier than 11 will likely be a ******** by then.

Reactions: ClonesInDallas

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
You'll need to on next wednesday buy a grass lot pass. They are only sold online now. I would completely recommend getting there earlier than 11 will likely be a ******** by then.

• RV parking is not available for presale nor will a pre-purchased car permit be honored for an RV, bus or other large vehicle.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone and I@ST1

ClonesInDallas

Dec 16, 2020

Thanks for the info. Last time gameday was here we tailgated with cars in vet med and noticed a party bus arriving around the same time as we are looking to show up. To my drunk and unknowledgeable eyes there was quite a bit of space left in vet med towards the back of the lot that day. This was our plan for this year but now I'm questioning that plan

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006

With a bus, you won't be able to buy a parking space in advance. And by 11:00, you'll probably be SOL as far as getting a spot.

You may have to roll the dice and try your luck in the lots by Towers, Hansen Ag Center, or Ice Arena -- knowing that you might get a ticket in the ~$50 range.

Reactions: ClonesInDallas

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
So we have little value, but enough value to roll in GameDay.

Huh. I'm going to think if this as a fantastic opportunity to continue changing the narrative.

The stadium will look spectacular. The crowd will be lit. The football will be good.

Reactions: Cyclonsin

Help Support Us

Become a patron