MLB: 29 runs?!?!

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Wow! I have no particular affinity for Atlanta, but damn, that's a heck of an accomplishment.

Reactions: khardbored

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I was listening to a Cubs broadcast a year or so ago and Len Kasper brought up the idea that every Manager should be given a few games per year where they can just call off the game. Basically they aren't going to waste any more pitchers, just call the game and give the other team a win.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I was listening to a Cubs broadcast a year or so ago and Len Kasper brought up the idea that every Manager should be given a few games per year where they can just call off the game. Basically they aren't going to waste any more pitchers, just call the game and give the other team a win.
This is why I don't like new rules surrounding position players pitching. If your team is getting absolutely steamrolled, why not allow a team to save what pitching they have left for another day. If they are concerned about the product they are giving the fans, most fans enjoy seeing a position player get a chance to live another part of their major league dream and get to pitch an inning. I contend it is much more interesting than the last two pitchers in the bullpen pitching an inning each in a blowout loss.