3 Body Problem

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I also think this is a very solid show. Really good.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Evidently, the Chinese government doesn't care much for the show.

Mods: Please feel free to delete this post if it politicizes this thread.

mfelske

Mar 20, 2006
Wisconsin
I'm not sure if I will watch this or not. I didn't care for the book and the show runners ruined GoT so not a lot of confidence in those guys.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006

Honestly the opening scene which they have a real problem with is in the book too and it was written by a Chinese author. I was a little surprised that went through.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I'm not sure if I will watch this or not. I didn't care for the book and the show runners ruined GoT so not a lot of confidence in those guys.

I didn’t watch GoT, but this show is very good and way better than the book.

Also, George ruined GoT by writing essentially one book (Feast and Dance are really one book) in the last 25 years.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Well if you didn’t like the book that’s a good reason to skip the show. Personally I find it hard to be upset with the showrunnrrs who created such a great show out of an incredibly hard fantasy series to adapt. Yes they didn’t stick the landing, but I blame Martin as the main cause there.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
I never read fiction books so haven't read 3 Body Problem or GoT. If I spend time reading I want to learn something. I agree on the GoT ending sucking but overall the series was solid. I can't comment on the connection to the books for either series.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Its been for my nextseeks. Excited@

I never watched Breaking Bad in AMC. I think 2 or 3 times starting in the ep1e1. Now I've been in starting season 5 have been in the 3 or so weeks.

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
i thought the book was ok, nothing special and all over the place. so far from what ive heard the show is better than the books.

also the show runners are fine when they have source material to follow. which this series is all out there already, so they dont have to make up the ending.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Just finished season 1. Not a big sci-fi fan, but I really enjoyed it! Just wish we didn't have to wait so long for season 2.

Reactions: RonBurgundy and Jer

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Finished it. Loved the first 4 or 5 episodes. Thought the end of the season was a little iffy, but still good overall. Would watch season 2 when that comes around.

Reactions: Jer

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008

From the NYT news summary I read this morning, general Chinese citizens are very pissed by the Western interpretation of the book.

• Informative
Reactions: jcyclonee

JK4ISU

Dec 5, 2022
Ames
I never read fiction books so haven't read 3 Body Problem or GoT. If I spend time reading I want to learn something. I agree on the GoT ending sucking but overall the series was solid. I can't comment on the connection to the books for either series.
I think you can learn a lot from fiction.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Wife usually hates sci-fi, but even she thought this was very good. I thought it was outstanding. Davos is excellent.

Hasn’t it been like 10 years since GOT? Both wife and I could not believe Samwell had the exact same look.

Auggie? Meowwww.

And yes, I know that is not their names.