3 DM Breweries begin canning beer

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
Exile, Confluence, and Firetrucker.

Also, Confluence is really expanding their space and going all out to cater to the nearby bike trail. Cool plans.

Register article with video: http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...des-moines-breweries-ready-sell-can/90367594/

The beer aisle in Des Moines grocery stores is about to look a lot more local.

Three central Iowa breweries are adding canning lines in the coming months, a move that will allow them to put their beer on shelves and in coolers around the region.

Reactions: ianoconnor

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Awesome! Had a nice chat with the Exile rep on Friday at Prairie Trail. Nice dude and he alluded to this. Sounds like they're got some exciting things coming :)

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
It's too bad that they'll try to be like every other craft beer company and charge $10.99 or more for a 4 or 6 pack.
Love Confluence, but their mini growlers a re a rip off. Even if spendy, I might buy the cans once in a while.

• Disagree
Reactions: ClonesFTW and isu81

ISUME

Mar 13, 2012
It's too bad that they'll try to be like every other craft beer company and charge $10.99 or more for a 4 or 6 pack.
Love Confluence, but their mini growlers a re a rip off. Even if spendy, I might buy the cans once in a while.

4 pints at the brewery would cost?

Reactions: oldwiseman

ILiftWithRoyce

Feb 6, 2012
Ankeny
Excited for Confluence to can. Hopefully before long they will be canning most of their releases, including the seasonals with the expanded brewing capacity.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I wonder how many people that complain about $10.99 six packs have no problem paying $6 for a bomber or the equivalent of $30 for a six pack at the bar.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
4 pints at the brewery would cost?
A lot of these beers are definitely not worth it. When theCraft beer craze started, they charged up the ass for it product bc they were small batches, just starting up and whatever other reasons. Now everyone just charges that bc they can. A lot of brewerys have 1 or 2 great beers, the rest are ehh or taste like piss
You can make 5 gallons of beer for less than $20.

ISUME

Mar 13, 2012
A lot of these beers are definitely not worth it. When theCraft beer craze started, they charged up the ass for it product bc they were small batches, just starting up and whatever other reasons. Now everyone just charges that bc they can. A lot of brewerys have 1 or 2 great beers, the rest are ehh or taste like piss

Thanks for not answering my question.

The cost it takes to make something isn't the cost it is sold for, businesses try and make money.

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des

Reactions: CRCy

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
Most of the breweries in Iowa are scraping to make a profit. I guarantee they aren't charging a ton "just because they can".

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
I started a excel document of beers and how much I like them last night. So many of them nowadays.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
You should consider Beer Advocate or Untappd or any of the other numerous beer ranking sites/apps.

I go there for ideas but I need one for my personal recollection for what I like. I was on Beer Advocate last night to decide what to get for my Wigginton celebration 6-er.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I go there for ideas but I need one for my personal recollection for what I like. I was on Beer Advocate last night to decide what to get for my Wigginton celebration 6-er.

Well Beer Advocate lets you 'rate beers, and you can go back and see what you thought of a beer. You can also make wish lists of beers you want to get (or trade for, if you're into that)

• Informative
Reactions: NATEizKING

Help Support Us

Become a patron