***#3 Iowa State vs. #20 Illinois (Sunday, noon)/B&B***

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
That's just ridiculous for them to take it out on staff. They deserved to be called out for that type of stuff.
Agreed , the young man working our section really had his hands full for awhile there. He did a great job handling it. I complimented him on my way out .

oskyclone

Apr 13, 2006
Altoona
I will say dresser was right about the music. It was about a 9 and could've been a 7, but then you would've just heard screaming children instead, similar to the kids day during womens basketball.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
I tend to disagree. People who bought a season ticket would have the expectation that they get the same seat all season, unless notified otherwise at the time of purchase. Add to that the apparent fact that the ticket had the season's seat printed on it doesn't ameliorate all the notice they may have received. In that situation, I would have rolled, but I can understand why some people would be upset. It seems the school might have handled this better.
Pretty sure if you go back that this was known at the time season tickets were purchased.

Anyone who didn’t know it was on them.

Edit: yep. Here is the information that was provided at the time of ticket renewal. https://cyclones.com/news/2022/10/2...pJobID=1620128024&spReportId=MTYyMDEyODAyNAS2

From email on 11/5 titled “Wrestling Season Ticket and Parking Pass Info Plus Important Updates”

“Please note that both events are included in your season tickets, but, all seating will be general admission. You will notice your digital tickets will still show your season ticket location, but again, they will be good on a general admission basis. More information will be shared with all ticketholders closer to each respective event.”

Last edited:

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I tend to disagree. People who bought a season ticket would have the expectation that they get the same seat all season, unless notified otherwise at the time of purchase. Add to that the apparent fact that the ticket had the season's seat printed on it doesn't ameliorate all the notice they may have received. In that situation, I would have rolled, but I can understand why some people would be upset. It seems the school might have handled this better.

Putting up a few big signs at the entrance would have been helpful to inform fans that all seating is General Admission regardless of what it says on your ticket. It would take the pressure off the ticket-takers as if they make the rules.

AltoonaFish

Aug 24, 2014
Putting up a few big signs at the entrance would have been helpful to inform fans that all seating is General Admission regardless of what it says on your ticket. It would take the pressure off the ticket-takers as if they make the rules.
This doesn’t work with the clear bag policy that’s been in place for years.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
This doesn’t work with the clear bag policy that’s been in place for years.

Huh? I'm talking about the Athletic Department / Ticket Office putting up signs in order to help their customers understand a policy that was not self-evident or well-received by many wrestling fans.

Land Grant

Oct 30, 2006
Huh? I'm talking about the Athletic Department / Ticket Office putting up signs in order to help their customers understand a policy that was not self-evident or well-received by many wrestling fans.
Good gracious people--pay attention. I live in CA and have not attended an ISU wrestling event in decades. I have no reason to care about ticketing. And yet, just from reading the info posted on this forum, even I knew that the Illini meet was general admission.

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
c
Good gracious people--pay attention. I live in CA and have not attended an ISU wrestling event in decades. I have no reason to care about ticketing. And yet, just from reading the info posted on this forum, even I knew that the Illini meet was general admission.
I would wager that the people I witnessed are not on this forum . But if they read their emails or paid attention to the other media out there , they should have known.

• Agree
Reactions: JM4CY

AltoonaFish

Aug 24, 2014
I’m saying, there are sign’s everywhere about the bag policy that’s been in place for years now. And people still “don’t know” about it by the time they walk in. So I was just saying a sign about tickets would be ineffective.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I’m saying, there are sign’s everywhere about the bag policy that’s been in place for years now. And people still “don’t know” about it by the time they walk in. So I was just saying a sign about tickets would be ineffective.

Good point. However, my observation is that only a few people get caught by the bag policy and they are people who only go to games occasionally. The general admission seating issue affected lots of people who come to games often. If nothing else, having signs would allow the ticket-takers to point to something official on the wall rather than having to be the "authority" themselves or refer to some announcement in an email that can't be readily accessed.

Reactions: matclone

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Good point. However, my observation is that only a few people get caught by the bag policy and they are people who only go to games occasionally. The general admission seating issue affected lots of people who come to games often. If nothing else, having signs would allow the ticket-takers to point to something official on the wall rather than having to be the "authority" themselves or refer to some announcement in an email that can't be readily accessed.
Some people need warning labels on their coffee too.

Reactions: AltoonaFish

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
It does not follow.