***#4 Iowa State vs. Wyoming (Sat.)/#3 ASU (Sun.)***

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Both SV matches won by ASU on our top 10 wrestlers to be upset. Disappointing but exciting for sure. Great weekend for Cyclones.

TrulyCyclone

Jul 31, 2021
As a casual, I did not enjoy that meet much. Really sucked to have all the positive Iowa State things happen on the first 5 and then lose 5 in a row. Especially the last two in SV where we lost upsets. Not a great feeling to end it on.

This is all just one persons opinion.

JohnPrineforCy

Feb 1, 2019
As a casual, I did not enjoy that meet much. Really sucked to have all the positive Iowa State things happen on the first 5 and then lose 5 in a row. Especially the last two in SV where we lost upsets. Not a great feeling to end it on.

Was the number 3 team in the country. They weren’t just not going to compete.

• Agree
Reactions: matclone

OKClones

Dec 12, 2019

The last 3 matches definitely were a buzz kill!

• Agree
Reactions: TrulyCyclone

alabamacyclone

Feb 11, 2019
I think experience won out in the last 2 matches.
Our guys will learn from it and move on.
Agreed. Both true freshman, and Casey nursing that shoulder. It seemed to affect his attacks. Both PJ and CS had those matches in hand and then let them get away. Still, I think that they learn and improve. I don't see ASU ranked ahead of us anymore.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

Yeah…. Uhm…..

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames

Think about it with the meet starting at 125 then.

alabamacyclone

Feb 11, 2019
On p
I think the OT losses in non favored matches are among best signs. Those last second and SV losses become wins in enough rematches.
On paper we were favored in both of those matches based on rankings. But agreed that those will both be wins in teh future.

Reactions: cyputz

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Watching in person it sure didn’t look like 2 on that Parco last second TD in the 2nd, but whatever.

Pretty sobering to be up 19-0 after 5 only to win 19-15.