***#4 Iowa State vs. Wyoming (Sat.)/#3 ASU (Sun.)***

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Today’s difference was all about coaching. Zeke can cry as much as he wants, but his guys didn’t do enough to win. He had heavy favorites at hvy, 25, and 33 and all barely did enough to win. Our favorites DOMINATED. Mentality of the two teams was the difference.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Casey and Paniro will both learn from those matches today.

Casey is the better wrestler, needed to push pace earlier. Will continue to get better on top and bottom but those will be works in progress this year. He still has matches against #1, #7, #9, #27 and #31 before Big 12’s.

Parco is pretty good. I’d take Paniro in a rematch but it’s close. He will get #9, #12, #13, #19 and #25 before big 12’s.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
Listening to metcalf on the radio with Nate and the other guy, Metcalf was exactly right in saying to focus on the good stuff in the beating of the number three team and how close to a whipping it was.

This program has come a long way folks
My Dad said “this is an ass kicking for a top 5 matchup”. I explained to him what it was like a few years ago and how far we’ve come in a short time. He was thoroughly impressed.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
Beating a top 5 team and knowing you left meat on the bone is a very good sign.
Yep. I felt like we didn’t wrestle our best and still walked away handily. I also hope this opens the eyes for the guys to see that bonus points really do matter and can change an outcome. Team felt more aggressive today at some weights.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
Swiderski was asking for the brick at the end of the 3rd. Not so much to review the locked hands but more to get a breather. Dresser wasn’t having it.

This wasn’t about today. This was about March.
100% turned to the wife and said he wants the brick more to regain his composer then he thinks that he didn't lock his hands.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I thought Casey thought it was a reaction time call that could be reversed. I think the locked hands was the right call

Dresser said that he thought Johnson and Swiderski would have some bumps along the way. This was a bump for them. Each made a mistake that cost them the match. Takedown on edge and end of 2nd for Johnson and locked hands for Swiderski. The rematch is very winnable.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Extremely random thought, but whoever decided to get rid of the intermission for the last two duals. Thank you!

The standard "halftime" intermission went away a few years ago, when ESPN+ became a thing.