4 UNI panther football players suspended for drugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldmember

May 31, 2006
UPDATE: UNI star receivers Gray, Williams arrested, suspended
By JON ERICSON, Courier Staff Writer
CEDAR FALLS — The University of Northern Iowa’s top two wide receivers were arrested this morning for possession of marijuana.

The Cedar Falls Police Department and Tri-County Drug Enforcement Task force served a search warrant at 515 W. 18th St., the home of Johnny Lee Gray, 22, and Victor Romell Williams, 23.

Police say a quantity of marijuana and items for using and selling marijuana were found.

Article Link

Last edited:

PGreen ISU '92

Mar 6, 2008
Waukee, IA
One of the guys is Johnny Gray (WR). That guy is good. Arguably the best player on the team. It was possession of marijuana. Maybe he had a prescription. :smile:

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Please remember Jeremy's "one paragraph for copyrighted material" rule...not hard to respect. Don't want CF to get into trouble.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Yeah, I can't imagine this stuff would be tolerated if they were losing, and this is why I can't pull for that program in the least. It's pretty dirty.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
This sucks IMO. Ruining someone's lives over possessing some marijuana. Were they hurting anyone but themselves? Were they driving? No. No different than drinking in your home IMO.

Disclaimer: I don't smoke pot. Just think the law is hypocritical.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
That's what I'm saying. The law is stupid.

Or maybe it's not. But it's still a law, and laws have to be enforced, not ignored, just because some people don't like them.

And having once, a long time ago, in a world far, far away, perhaps, maybe, possibly experimented myself, I'd say that everything involved in smoking pot is hardly harmless, that's just a bill of goods that some people want to sell

But that's a discussion for another place and time. .

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
When I saw the thread title I thought it was going to be serious, not weed.

Slap'em on the wrist and move on.

06Panther

Sep 1, 2008
This is a big deal....Gray wasn't just busted smoking pot, he was busted selling it, and in some fairly large quantities.

Oh and I'm here now, Clonelawman:yes:

RocktheDome

Mar 3, 2008
Cedar Falls
This is just upsetting that our two best wide receivers would do something to jeopardize their position on our team. UNI has (like almost every year) a reasonably good chance to make a run at the national title, and they have just thrown it away.

While, I'm positive that UNI has the depth to overcome this (we are loaded at WR), I'm more upset at the damage this will do to UNI's reputation. The last thing we need is to follow in Iowa's footsteps.

I completely agree with the decision though, these guys should be kicked off the team for good.

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
This is just upsetting that our two best wide receivers would do something to jeopardize their position on our team.

Don't you think they have been doing this or something similar since the day they got to campus, likely even before? I imagine they thought they were untouchable and well, got touched.

RocktheDome

Mar 3, 2008
Cedar Falls
Don't you think they have been doing this or something similar since the day they got to campus, likely even before? I imagine they thought they were untouchable and well, got touched.

Yeah, I'm sure you're right. You'd hope they would at least be more careful about it. Obviously they didn't keep it low key if a drug task force with a search warrant shows up at your house at 6:45AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.